700 users online (82 members and 618 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Man arrested with suitcase full of gold-plated infant corpses used in magic rituals

Thai police arrest man with suitcase full of gold plated babies set to be used in black magic ritual (Daily Mail)
    A British man was arrested today with a suitcase full of dead babies thought to have been used in a black magic rituals in Thailand.

Chow Hok Kuen, 28, a British citizen born in Hong Kong of Taiwanese parents, was arrested in Bangkok's Chinatown and was being held for possession of human remains, police said.
    ---
    'The bodies are of children between the ages of two [months] and seven months. Some were found covered in gold leaf,' Wiwat Kumchumnan, sub-division chief of the police's Children and Women Protection unit, said.
    ---
    Police said the corpses had a number of religious threads and tattoos on them.
    ---
    Wait. What?
    In Thailand there is a grisly ritual known as 'Kuman Thong', where dead babies are surgically removed from their mother's womb and undergo a ceremonial ritual.

But instead of burying them, they are roasted dry and covered with a lacquer before being painted with gold leaf.
    ---
    Police had received a tip-off that infant corpses were being offered to wealthy clients through a website advertising black magic services.
    ---
    more, including graphic pictures, at link above

Kuman thong (Wiki)

That is just disgusting and evil.

How sad those tiny babies are. I hope they are buried now with respect.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

W H A T ? ! ? !!!!

I have no words.
    Sick.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

no words
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

As a mother who has had a baby that died, this, along with the pills made of dried out infant corpses, just tears my heart out. I hate to hear about it
    England's dancing days are done...

Historically they preserved fetuses from miscarriages and then basically mummified and and covered them with gold leif, they were apparently revered. Of course selling them in Britian as oddities is a bit unsavory but the original practice is not necessarily evil.

Not exactly like sacrificing babies/children in African black magic rituals; far from it.

I got to the "But instead of burying them, they are roasted dry" part and then had to take the dog for a stroll in the fresh air.

Six roasted human fetuses

A British citizen in Bangkok has been arrested after Thai police found six roasted human foetuses packed in his luggage.

Reports says the six foetuses had been covered in gold leaf after being roasted as part of a black magic ritual.

It is not clear where the bodies came from, but Chow Hok Kuen is believed to have been attempting to smuggle them into Taiwan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-7766232.html

And the Thai Oscar goes to................
    Last edited by TrackerSam; 05-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    A British citizen in Bangkok has been arrested after Thai police found six roasted human foetuses packed in his luggage.

Reports says the six foetuses had been covered in gold leaf after being roasted as part of a black magic ritual.

It is not clear where the bodies came from, but Chow Hok Kuen is believed to have been attempting to smuggle them into Taiwan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-7766232.html

And the Oscar goes to................
    I do not even know what to say - that is just horrific.

I had seen a pic a couple years ago of a man, who look similar to this man (not him, though, the pic I saw was slightly older) eating a roasted human baby.

Even the owners of the site didn't quite know what to say about it.

No words for this one. This is as evil and dark as it gets. Painful. People like that who have no respect, for nothing, should not be allowed to part of any kind of society.

I'm going to get blasted for this, but I feel it should be said anyway. Keep in mind, it's only my opinion.

I don't often lash out at people for what is in essence, a religious belief or a cultural norm, even if it isn't my belief of norm. Instead, I try to look at my own accepted customs and try to see them from the outside.

If I am understanding correctly, this was only babies that had died in utero or during delivery, correct? None of these children were killed simply to be covered in gold leaf. I would feel differently if they were killed on purpose. However, look at what we do to children that die at advanced gestation or shortly after they are born. Often we autopsy them. We embalm them. We bury them or cremate them. Think of this from an outside perspective. We take an infant that has passed, cut it's tiny body open to examine every organ, then we remove the blood, organs, and other fluids from that tiny corpse, and replace them with chemicals and other artificial things to make the body last longer. Then we bury that body in the ground where it will be rained on, snowed on, allowed to decay, and only acknowledged occassionally. Or we burn it, and then put the ashes on our mantel so we can talk to that tiny corpse.

Are other practices really that much sicker than our own, when seen from outside the situation? Personally, I think that our treatment is just as bad if not worse, than dry roasting and coating with gold leaf. We don't just dry roast our corpses, we go a step further with full cremation. And the caskets that we choose to bury our dead, most are ornate, decorated, very pretty boxes, in fact some even have gold leaf as adornment. This practice just removes the box from the equation. I'm not saying that it's right, or that I support the practice...just that our rituals are just as sick when seen by someone that comes from a culture that does things differently.

Go ahead, flame away. I'm a big girl, I can take it, LOL.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I'm going to get blasted for this, but I feel it should be said anyway. Keep in mind, it's only my opinion.

I don't often lash out at people for what is in essence, a religious belief or a cultural norm, even if it isn't my belief of norm. Instead, I try to look at my own accepted customs and try to see them from the outside.

If I am understanding correctly, this was only babies that had died in utero or during delivery, correct? None of these children were killed simply to be covered in gold leaf. I would feel differently if they were killed on purpose. However, look at what we do to children that die at advanced gestation or shortly after they are born. Often we autopsy them. We embalm them. We bury them or cremate them. Think of this from an outside perspective. We take an infant that has passed, cut it's tiny body open to examine every organ, then we remove the blood, organs, and other fluids from that tiny corpse, and replace them with chemicals and other artificial things to make the body last longer. Then we bury that body in the ground where it will be rained on, snowed on, allowed to decay, and only acknowledged occassionally. Or we burn it, and then put the ashes on our mantel so we can talk to that tiny corpse.

Are other practices really that much sicker than our own, when seen from outside the situation? Personally, I think that our treatment is just as bad if not worse, than dry roasting and coating with gold leaf. We don't just dry roast our corpses, we go a step further with full cremation. And the caskets that we choose to bury our dead, most are ornate, decorated, very pretty boxes, in fact some even have gold leaf as adornment. This practice just removes the box from the equation. I'm not saying that it's right, or that I support the practice...just that our rituals are just as sick when seen by someone that comes from a culture that does things differently.

Go ahead, flame away. I'm a big girl, I can take it, LOL.
    The article said unwanted babies were cut from the mother's womb. which doesn't sound to me like they died on their own.

If the deaths were natural, I don't have a problem with how people prepare bodies for religious or customary reasons. For myself, I'm going straight from the hospital or the morgue to the frier :-)

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower67 View Post
    If the deaths were natural, I don't have a problem with how people prepare bodies for religious or customary reasons.
    Including carrying them around in suitcases and selling them for magic rituals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast