538 users online (54 members and 484 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 117
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,680

    OR - Albany, LIVING woman found disoriented, May'12 - Marcia Rackley

    Linn authorities try to learn wandering woman's ID:

    She told deputies her name is Katie Walker and her birthday is April 4 but she could not provide the year she was born. She also told deputies she had hitchhiked from Maine. She appeared to be well kept but acted confused and was not cooperative, according to the sheriff.

    She appears to be between 60 and 70 years old, has blue eyes and shoulder-length white hair. She is approximately 5-foot-2 and 153 pounds. She has a surgery scar on the bottom of her foot and a scar on the base of her neck about 4 inches long.

    Anyone with information about the woman is asked to contact Linn County Sheriff’s Office detectives at 541-967-3950.


    Read more: http://www.gazettetimes.com/news/loc...#ixzz1vFWWUkWd

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,854
    I found a Katherine Walker in Ancestry.com, born 04-Apr-1936 in Henry County KY.

    I also found a Kathy W. (with an alternate name Kathy Walker) in Veromi.net, born 04-Apr-1947. She is from Hearne TX.

    But no Katie Walkers with an April 4 birthdate.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,305
    Katie is definitely a nickname for Katherine or Kathleen, especially for older generations. People only started using Katie as the actual given name in the past 20 years or so.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Katie is definitely a nickname for Katherine or Kathleen, especially for older generations. People only started using Katie as the actual given name in the past 20 years or so.
    Also consider spelling it Catherine.
    I have looked through recent posted missing dementia women and have come up with nothing so far.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    30,199

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,836
    Fay is listed as 5'7". The unidentified woman is listed as 5'2"-5'4". Too much of a ht difference imo.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    I wonder how possible it is that she has been missing for awhile? It is more likely she has been missing a week or less based on her "taken care of" condition-- but what if she has been missing for months and has been able to take care of herself? There are a few people in Namus that are close to her description but they have all been gone for months.

  8. #8
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Fay is listed as 5'7". The unidentified woman is listed as 5'2"-5'4". Too much of a ht difference imo.
    She also has longer hair and it would take longer than two months to grow as long as described. Of course, we don't know how long ago the pic was taken. Does she actually have a NE accent? Would LE try to ID by her prints?

    I can't believe she actually got out there and stuck her thumb out, so thinking she either got ride from a trucker or caught a ride with someone and they parted. This is so sad, I hope they can find her family or a good friend. How scary for someone her age. God bless her.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    I think this is her. Look at the watch. She may have been 5'7" a few years ago? Sometimes as we get older there is shrinkage in the bones.

    I think this is her.

    Salem

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    I sent this in, by way of email.

    Salem

    ETA: I sent the info to both OR and ME. I really think this is her........


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Linn authorities try to learn wandering woman's ID:

    She told deputies her name is Katie Walker and her birthday is April 4 but she could not provide the year she was born. She also told deputies she had hitchhiked from Maine. She appeared to be well kept but acted confused and was not cooperative, according to the sheriff.

    She appears to be between 60 and 70 years old, has blue eyes and shoulder-length white hair. She is approximately 5-foot-2 and 153 pounds. She has a surgery scar on the bottom of her foot and a scar on the base of her neck about 4 inches long.

    Anyone with information about the woman is asked to contact Linn County Sheriff’s Office detectives at 541-967-3950.


    Read more: http://www.gazettetimes.com/news/loc...#ixzz1vFWWUkWd
    I read this post last night before I went to bed - and found myself thinking of her when I woke this morning - so I've been searching the web for the last 3 hours - and I did come across a missing person case ... does this look like the same person to anyone?

    http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/m...n-tx-06192007/

    http://texasequusearch.org//images/pdf/HuntShirley.pdf

    https://picasaweb.google.com/vaugkim...12924575285938

    http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=8527455

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015
    List of different versions of "Catherine"... lots of possible names she could have been given. Given her age, her given name is likely NOT Katie but something more formal.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_(given_name)

    This is just a gut feeling by looking at her, but she seems of Irish decent. If she is Irish, at her age, she's liable to really be a Mary Catherine or a similar double name, particularly if she's Catholic and/or the oldest girl in the family (as they are traditionally given two names after their grandmothers.)



    I wish they would do a linguistic workup of living Jane/John Does. Show them various items like a can of Coke and a foot long sandwich and see what they call them. That would help greatly in narrowing down the origin.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Response:

    Thank you Salem. We received the same information yesterday from an Associated Press reporter in Helena Montana. Looks like the story is getting out there and I appreciate folks like you helping us in our attempt to help this lady.

    I'll see what's going on with the website, that was supposed to have been fixed several months ago. Thanks for letting me know.

    Take care,

    Tim (Tim is the sheriff in Linn County, Oregon).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiosDaughter View Post
    I read this post last night before I went to bed - and found myself thinking of her when I woke this morning - so I've been searching the web for the last 3 hours - and I did come across a missing person case ... does this look like the same person to anyone?

    http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/m...n-tx-06192007/

    http://texasequusearch.org//images/pdf/HuntShirley.pdf

    https://picasaweb.google.com/vaugkim...12924575285938

    http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=8527455

    There are some similarities - could be worth sending the tip in. Two things I notice are that Shirley's hair seems to be parted on the opposite side of this sleeping woman. That could mean absolutely nothing given that the sleeping woman is probably not taking proper care of herself at the present time. She looks to tired to care, imo.

    But also, Shirley's nose does not seem to be as wide at the bridge. That could be just the photos though? I do think there are some similarities in the hairline, aside from the different part.

    Salem

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    There are some similarities - could be worth sending the tip in. Two things I notice are that Shirley's hair seems to be parted on the opposite side of this sleeping woman. That could mean absolutely nothing given that the sleeping woman is probably not taking proper care of herself at the present time. She looks to tired to care, imo.

    But also, Shirley's nose does not seem to be as wide at the bridge. That could be just the photos though? I do think there are some similarities in the hairline, aside from the different part.

    Salem
    I'm not sure how to send a tip...? If you think it's worth doing I'll be happy to - just not sure how.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Cause of woman’s severe pain found to be fruit-fly larva living in her ear
    By Steely Dan in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 12:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM