1300 users online (233 members and 1067 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165

    OH - Sharice Swain, 29, & Kymshia Ruffin, 2, die in altercation, 17 May 2012

    Stabbed Ohio woman's mother: Attacker was a friend (AP/Daily Oklahoman)
    CLEVELAND (AP) — A woman allegedly stabbed by her best friend during an argument while sitting behind the wheel of a car tried to drive away and struck her attacker's 2-year-old daughter, authorities said Friday. The woman and the girl both died.

    The toddler's mother, Kimberly Black, 29, of Cleveland, was found naked several blocks away and was arrested.

    The death of Sharice Swain, 29, of Cleveland, was being investigated as a homicide. Police identified the other victim as Kimshia Ruffin.
    ---
    The women were "best friends since birth" and Swain considered Black a cousin, according to the victim's mother, Anita Swain.
    ---
    Nikki Randall, 30, whose daughter goes to school with the suspect's 6-year-old daughter, said neighbors who went to the aid of Sharice Swain think Black was the intended target of the revving vehicle.
    ---
    The arrest occurred in an impoverished neighborhood a half block away from the location of the now-demolished house where the remains of 11 murdered women were found in 2009.
    ---
    much more at link above

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    A sad story. It is sort of interesting to me that this happened half a block away from where Anthony Sowell murdered 11 women. I have encountered at least 2 places in my lifetime that have the sort of energy where this kind of tragedy would occur. One was a bridge that ended up being the site a killer dumped the body of a little girl he abducted and murdered back in the 1980's from Liberty, South Carolina. The second p[ace is an area I drive by frequently, and it just feels "wrong" to be there. I have often asked myself if it is the area that makes the people the way they are, or do the people cause the area to be the way it is?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Boonies of Louisiana
    Posts
    3,354
    But why was she naked? Was she covered in blood or trying to hide her involvement? That's be hard to do seeing as her child was killed. What a weird story.
    SwampMama

    GUILTY!!!

    Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    I'm wondering how much drugs influenced what happened. Knifing your best friend, stripping your clothes off, running away when your child was just hit with a car. It just smells like drug fueled.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    A sad story. It is sort of interesting to me that this happened half a block away from where Anthony Sowell murdered 11 women. I have encountered at least 2 places in my lifetime that have the sort of energy where this kind of tragedy would occur. One was a bridge that ended up being the site a killer dumped the body of a little girl he abducted and murdered back in the 1980's from Liberty, South Carolina. The second p[ace is an area I drive by frequently, and it just feels "wrong" to be there. I have often asked myself if it is the area that makes the people the way they are, or do the people cause the area to be the way it is?
    I've often wondered about this myself. There do seem to be "areas" that are more conducive to violence and tragedy than others - have they been cursed? It would be interesting to trace the history of such places.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I've often wondered about this myself. There do seem to be "areas" that are more conducive to violence and tragedy than others - have they been cursed? It would be interesting to trace the history of such places.
    Not cursed. It just reflects the type of people who tend to live in those sorts of areas.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    Not cursed. It just reflects the type of people who tend to live in those sorts of areas.
    What types of people would those be? Poor people? Victims?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    A sad story. It is sort of interesting to me that this happened half a block away from where Anthony Sowell murdered 11 women. I have encountered at least 2 places in my lifetime that have the sort of energy where this kind of tragedy would occur. One was a bridge that ended up being the site a killer dumped the body of a little girl he abducted and murdered back in the 1980's from Liberty, South Carolina. The second p[ace is an area I drive by frequently, and it just feels "wrong" to be there. I have often asked myself if it is the area that makes the people the way they are, or do the people cause the area to be the way it is?
    I know what you mean. It could be both IMO. People leave their negative energy behind and that affects the spiritual equilibrium of current occupants.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,163
    I'll be interested to see what kind of charges the 'mother' gets. AFAIC, she's responsible for the death of her baby girl as well because instead of protecting her children by bringing them inside when the argument started, she retrieved a knife to escalate the situation.

    I'm gonna take a wild guess and predict this was a drug transaction gone wrong. I hope the surviving child goes to a safe environment and gets a fighting chance at life.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    What types of people would those be? Poor people? Victims?
    People that get high on drugs and kill other people as well as people that hang out with criminals and drug abusers.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    People that get high on drugs and kill other people as well as people that hang out with criminals and drug abusers.
    The vast majority of people in those areas would then be the victims of the above, in one way or another.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I've often wondered about this myself. There do seem to be "areas" that are more conducive to violence and tragedy than others - have they been cursed? It would be interesting to trace the history of such places.
    You know I never really "felt" an aura of a place or "felt evil" until about 8 years ago. I was in a slave camp settlement on the slave route across west Africa in Ghana and it was almost stifling. You couldn't breathe, and the amount of evil was just pressing itself against you, it was the worst thing I've ever felt. <-and I don't think it was brought on by any sort of sign or manmade reminder since really there was nothing there, there were no signs no monuments to tel you what happened there, but oh you could feel it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
    You know I never really "felt" an aura of a place or "felt evil" until about 8 years ago. I was in a slave camp settlement on the slave route across west Africa in Ghana and it was almost stifling. You couldn't breathe, and the amount of evil was just pressing itself against you, it was the worst thing I've ever felt. <-and I don't think it was brought on by any sort of sign or manmade reminder since really there was nothing there, there were no signs no monuments to tel you what happened there, but oh you could feel it.
    If no one told you that it was a slave camp settlement then it would look just like ten thousand other run down settlements, of which there are a great many in Africa. It "felt" evil because someone told you what it was. There was no presence you could feel, only the knowledge that someone told you. Then again, they could have just been making it up for the tourist and you were getting shivers from the local prison.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    What types of people would those be? Poor people? Victims?
    The people who live on the margins of society, the ones who can't cut it otherwise, the ones who don't have the social graces to live in a civilized manner. That is who lives there.

    You don't see the sort of trailer trash OMG crazy kind of crimes at even remotely the same kind of levels in middle class or affluent areas. It is usually the run down armpits of America where most of that sort of crime happens.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,504
    Here is Sharice Swains facebook page.

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000161100234

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. WI - Corey Stingley, 16, dies in altercation at West Allis store, 14 Dec 2012
    By Justiceforever in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 08:47 AM
  2. MN MN - Sharice Pollard, 19, Minneapolis, 17 April 1992
    By OkieGranny in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 08:59 PM
  3. Jimmy Ruffin 'What becomes of the brokenhearted' dies age 78
    By zwiebel in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2014, 09:04 AM
  4. MN Sharice Lorraine Pollard (19) - Minneapolis MN, 1992
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 03:03 PM

Tags for this Thread