Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1

There is an unverified statement on the Event page about a bike being noticed and reported at the Walgreen's on Ambassador and Congress. The police went and checked it out. Queenofcorona, have you heard anything either way in regards to that?
    PJ

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pjcitizen For This Useful Post:

http://www.katc.com/videos/search-is...ng-woman-10pm/

Video here. BW interviewed in the video and gets emotional, he is the one who's house she left when she was last seen (according to his post on the facebook group).
    PJ

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pjcitizen For This Useful Post:

No PJ, I haven't heard anything about a bike being found, I so hope there is some kind of lead! I don't want to call my SIL, she's had about 2 hours of sleep all weekend. The video with BW is heart breaking, no where in my almost always paranoid mind do I think he had anything to do with this.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to queenofcorona For This Useful Post:

I'm sure they will see the post on the event page, I was just wondering if you heard it confirmed or denied. It was probably not related or I'm sure it would have been said by now. Thanks.
    PJ

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pjcitizen For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Lafayette Police and a local family need your help finding a missing woman. 21 year old Mickey Shunick (pictured) was last seen early Saturday morning riding a black and gold bike from a friends home in the Saint Streets area of Lafayette.... She was headed back home near Ambassador and Congress, but never made it home and hasn't been seen since.
    http://www.katc.com/news/police-look...fayette-woman/

Still no sign of 21-year-old Mickey Shunick.

She was last seen at around 2 o'clock Saturday morning when she left a friend's house in the Saint Streets area.
    She was on her bike headed home to the area of Ambassador Caffery and West Congress, but she never made it home.

Mickey missed her brother's high school graduation Saturday, no one has been able to get in touch with her ever since.

Sunday, family and friends organized a search party, looking for clues and now a private donor is offering a ten thousand dollar reward for any information leading to the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick, no questions asked.
    That donor is also hiring a private investigator, hoping to get answers to many unanswered questions.

Nearly one hundred people gathered on Ryan Drive where Mickey was last seen to canvas the area once again.
    Family and friends knocking on doors, retracing Mickey's steps, and posting fliers.
    http://www.katc.com/news/community-r...ickey-shunick/

http://www.katc.com/news/reward-offe...ickey-shunick/

http://www.katc.com/news/search-part...fayette-woman/

He said Shunick and a bunch of other friends had gone out to Artmosphere Friday night and about 11 p.m. she said she was feeling tired.

"She had been out with her sister the night before and was still tired from that, but not unusually tired," Wilson said.

He gave her a ride to a fast-food place for snack and then took her back to his house on Ryan Street, where she had left her bicycle.

"I let her out the back door and that was the last anyone saw of her," said Wilson, who added Shunick loved her bicycle and would ride it everywhere.

Anyone with information on Shunick's whereabouts is asked to call Lafayette police at 291-8600.
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...sey=nav%7Chead
    This bee my opinion

I haven't seen mention of search dogs yet, I hope they are out this am.

Mickey is also an accomplished Equestrian. I feel a kinship with her as I trained in her sport for over 30 years. I sure hope she is found safe somewhere today.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

The Lafayette Police Department has officially documented Mickey Shunick as a missing person and they are following leads on her whereabouts.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18570540/m...mickey-shunick

bbm

This is good news, now hopefully more resources will be available.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    Grrr, I can't get my speakers to work today. Sure would like to hear what she said.

They look so much alike.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

When was Mickey noticed missing? For example did her mom wake up in the morning and find her gone or was there some one who was waiting up for her?
    Who did she live with?
    Ginger

Video is Charlene and Ashley is a friend of the family. Charlene is in town from Dallas. They do look so much alike!
    http://www.katc.com/videos/missing-21-mickey-shunick/

Much of the things we have seen reported
    A cell phone is with her, they havent found it and it does have gps but they are working on it
    She left the friends house and it was common for her to ride that route-something she did all the time
    No clues, havent found the bike at all hoping whenn pawn shops open they will find it
    Absolutely not normal for her to disappear
    Missed the graduation
    Asking for businesses to give video for review-they will review it if needed
    Very independent but would not miss her brothers graduation
    Talks about path/paths she would have taken home-not sure of exact route but they seem to know which roads she would have used.

not very good transcribing, sorry but the jest
    JMO

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pjcitizen View Post
    There is an unverified statement on the Event page about a bike being noticed and reported at the Walgreen's on Ambassador and Congress. The police went and checked it out. Queenofcorona, have you heard anything either way in regards to that?
    Is this Walgreens on her normal bike route?
    Do they have surveillance cameras?
    Ginger

Her phone has been off since Saturday but that didn't stop members of the community from searching for any clues as to where she might be. The Lafayette Police Department has officially documented Mickey Shunick as a missing person and they are following leads on her whereabouts.
    http://www.klfy.com/story/18570540/m...mickey-shunick
    This bee my opinion

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GDUD View Post
    Who did she live with?
    I have not seen it reported who she lives with but I get the idea she did not live at home with her mother/brother.

In the video coldpizza linked above this morning it states Mickey's father is on an oil-rig out to sea and they have emailed him through the company and are hoping he gets it.

I have been wondering how they can determine whether or not she made it home at all. I suppose they know she didnt just get up in the morning and take an early ride because her reported missing clothing are absent from the home.
    JMO

praying for Mickey

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

Friends, family, biking enthusiasts and others concerned with the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick, 21, have been sharing a new online poster about the missing woman through social media. The poster guarantees a $10,000 reward to any information leading to her whereabouts, no questions asked.

The private donor offering the $10,000 reward has also has funded a private detective in the hopes that Shunick can be located.

The poster has also been added to a community Facebook page dedicated to missing cases from across the nation: Facebook.com/MissingCases.
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...text|FRONTPAGE

I wish they would state what type of bike she had/put a picture of it on the flier... (or is it on there and I just didn't see it?)
    This bee my opinion

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

It all started as a typical night out. Shunick went to a local club on Friday, May 18 to watch a concert with friends. At around 1:00 a.m. she left the venue with a friend, had a bite to eat, then rode off to go home for the night. But she never made it there and hasn't been seen since.

“We all know it’s dangerous to ride at night, but it was something she loved,” Says explained. “She’s not a rebel. She always has a can of mace in her front pocket, she obeys all traffic laws. She loved to have fun, but she’s really responsible.”
    “She’s a horse enthusiast,” Says noted when asked about Shunick’s personal interests. She really just loves life and all animals. She had about 16 pets – a pig, snake, and tarantula. She just loves everything. She loves life. She’s a great person, and we’re all just trying to keep positive thoughts.”

Shunick’s home is located near the intersection of Congress Street and Ambassador Caffery Parkway. She is 5’1”, about 115 pounds, and has blond, curly hair. She was riding a black and gold bike. She was wearing a bright, multi-colored shirt, grey acid washed skinny jeans
    http://www.kadn.com/top-story/lafaye...till-missing-0
    This bee my opinion

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Here is a photo of her on her bike, it's black with gold handle bars, a schwinn I think.

I think she does live with her parents, I'm waiting for confirmation right now.

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to queenofcorona For This Useful Post:

I have family in Lafayette and on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain....they
    all know about "the missing girl in Lafayette". Social media has spread the word.

The last article quoted by nurse contains what it is like to be in a college
    town - even a big one - when a young person goes missing. They are really working to find her.

http://www.kadn.com/top-story/lafaye...till-missing-0

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lato For This Useful Post:

Just noticed.....the little white canister clipped to her purse may be
    pepper spray.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lato For This Useful Post:

My first thought (pure speculation) was that a drunk driver hit her and covered up.

Video is Charlene and Ashley is a friend of the family. Charlene is in town from Dallas. They do look so much alike!
    http://www.katc.com/videos/missing-21-mickey-shunick/

Much of the things we have seen reported
    A cell phone is with her, they havent found it and it does have gps but they are working on it
    She left the friends house and it was common for her to ride that route-something she did all the time
    No clues, havent found the bike at all hoping whenn pawn shops open they will find it
    Absolutely not normal for her to disappear
    Missed the graduation
    Asking for businesses to give video for review-they will review it if needed
    Very independent but would not miss her brothers graduation
    Talks about path/paths she would have taken home-not sure of exact route but they seem to know which roads she would have used.

not very good transcribing, sorry but the jest
    JMO
    JMO But the bolded part would make it possible that she had been observed over time and someone ambushed her when "the time was rite".

A local has said that there would be lots of people out and about at that hour in that area, so how was nothing seen? Just bad luck? Altho a 35-40 minute bike ride would cover a lot of territory, IMO.

JMO Since she's an animal lover, I wonder if someone lured her into helping find a "lost" dog or help with a "found" dog. Someone may not even have to know of her love of animals to try that...

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

I have not seen it reported who she lives with but I get the idea she did not live at home with her mother/brother.

In the video coldpizza linked above this morning it states Mickey's father is on an oil-rig out to sea and they have emailed him through the company and are hoping he gets it.

I have been wondering how they can determine whether or not she made it home at all. I suppose they know she didnt just get up in the morning and take an early ride because her reported missing clothing are absent from the home.
    JMO

praying for Mickey
    I wonder if they have searched her hous/condo/apartment high and low? I don't see it reported yet.
    Ginger

It was posted that friends of hers walked her normal route and didn't find anything. I wonder if there are areas with deep declines that are wooded. If she was hit by a vehicle going at a high speed, she could have been thrown quite far.

There was a case in Austin where a bicyclist (or runner, not sure) was hit by a vehicle and it took a while to find them in such terrain. But it was on an interstate frontage road.

If searchers are sure of her route and already searched it (and all alternate routes), it sounds unlikely that she had an accident alone (swerved, ran her bike off the road, etc.).

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Ok, she does indeed live with her parents, that is where she was heading that night.

42. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to queenofcorona For This Useful Post:

Cazzie, Lafayette is flat as a pancake, no ravines or anything. Nearly the whole street is lined with businesses or homes. There are a couple of gulleys (coulees) on Congress, I hope the cops are looking into that.

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to queenofcorona For This Useful Post:

Today is Mickey's birthday. Let's get her back to her family and friends!!!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast