Germany Germany - Katrice Lee, 2, Schloss Neuhaus, Paderborn, 28 Nov 1981

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
'Look me in the eye, Mr Cameron': Angry father's plea for answers
after PM ends investigation into girl, 2, who went missing 30 years ago
(Daily Mail)
The family of a little girl who disappeared more than 30 years ago have spoken of their devastation after David Cameron ruled out any further investigation of the mystery.

Katrice Lee was only two when she went missing from a British Army base in Germany in 1981.

Her parents believe military police made mistakes in the early stages of their investigation into her disappearance - but the Prime Minister has resisted calls to reopen the inquiry.
---
the rest of the DM story at link above, with pictures

Wiki page: Disappearance of Katrice Lee

Facebook: Disappearance of Katrice Lee

Many other sites on the net deal with the disappearance; also, there are YouTube videos.

I never understood why so little was done about this disappearence. even at the time the military police seemed to have just decided she wandered off and id nothing, even people in the shop were not interviewed. I also think I hear Katrice's mother being interviewed and she said they were not allowed to seek help in the media, and when after a year they coudl give a televised interview 9which I think may only have been for military families), I am sure she said they had a memeber of the military standing off camera supervising what they said.
katrice disappeared from on her second birthday in a military supermarket where she was with her mother and aunt buying treats for her birthday tea. her mother went to get soemthing and thought katrice stayed with the aunt, the aunt saw katrice go towards her mother and thought she was with her. In the space of about two minutes this little girl disappeared from a crowded shop and has not been seen since.

I was a teenager when Katrice disappeared and lived in southern Germany. I watched the News every day and had already started to read the "Spiegel" regulary, but I never heard or read about Katrice until I found an article about her online in the 2000s.

Daily Mail:

The cruellest hoax: 30 years ago Katrice vanished. Last year a woman
claiming to be her contacted the family. Now she's been exposed as a fantasist

---
Katrice’s mother Sharon Lee and her other daughter Natasha, 38, received tantalising Facebook messages from the internet ‘troll’ pretending to be the missing girl.

But after a DNA test proved the woman, who has not been identified, was not Katrice she then became abusive, sending upsetting messages to Katrice’s mother and sister.

The 32-year-old hoaxer was arrested and yesterday, after police issued her with a harassment warning, the family told of their torment.
---
the rest at the link above

It is a disgrace how this little ones disappearance was handled by the Military and now been pushed aside by David Cameron, I only found out about this in 1998 when we were based in Germany with the army. I'm so saddened to see that there is no facebook page dedicated to the case either, this little girl's case desperately needs more attention.......shame on Cameron.

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/sco...-unsolved-1981-abduction-toddler-katrice-lee/

Evil child killer Robert Black has been linked to the unsolved abduction of a two-year-old girl 35 years ago.

New evidence has been unearthed showing there was a “strong possibility” that Black – who died earlier this year – was in Paderborn, Germany, when Katrice Lee disappeared without a trace...

Last night, Katrice’s dad, former soldier Richard Lee, welcomed the breakthrough and said he hoped it would be followed up properly by the relevant authorities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tish-Army-base-Germany-three-decades-ago.html

A retired detective claims to have uncovered significant evidence linking serial child killer Robert Black with the disappearance of a British toddler who vanished in Germany 35 years ago.

Katrice Lee was snatched from a supermarket while out shopping with her mother and aunt in Paderborn, in the north east of the country, in November 1981.

She has never been seen since, with police convinced she was either drowned in a nearby river or taken by a childless couple.

As far as I know, Black has not been associated with crimes against children this young. IIRC his youngest known victim was Caroline Hogg aged 5.

26 April 2016 - Katrice Lee disappearance: Re-investigation 'a sham', says father

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36128371

and

Apr 28, 2016 - The sister of a girl who has been missing for nearly 35 years has hit out at military police reinvestigating the original flawed probe.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-reg...ly-criticise-military-investigators-1-7354469

Her father Richard Lee, now 66, was stationed there with the British Army. Katrice’s sister Natasha, 41, of Gosport, said she is losing confidence in the reinvestigation by the Royal Military Police. She said a key witness in the Naafi at the time has still not been interviewed.

This probe was sparked in 2012 when RMP chiefs admitted the initial investigation was flawed.

Katrice Lee

The Doe network profile http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/673dfdeu.html

_89427210_58347835.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member