OH - 'Dimebag Darrell' Abbott & three more slain in Columbus nightclub, 8 Dec 2004

angelnsb

Reaction score
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=495&e=1&u=/ap/nightclub_shooting

COLUMBUS, Ohio - [size=-1]A gunman charged onstage at a packed nightclub and opened fire on the band and crowd, killing top heavy metal guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and three other people before a police officer shot him to death, authorities and witnesses said.[/size]

More at link.

Sad story. 2 Fans and a guitarist killed.

Mr.Cake was a big Pantera fan-he's away and won't hear about this until he comes home next week!

This is just senseless! Its obvious the shooter intended for Darrell to die but why?
Either he's nuts or is a Mark David Chapman wannabe and thought itd make HIM famous is all I can figure out.

How horrifying for everyone there!!!!

messiecake said:
Mr.Cake was a big Pantera fan-he's away and won't hear about this until he comes home next week!

This is just senseless! Its obvious the shooter intended for Darrell to die but why?
Either he's nuts or is a Mark David Chapman wannabe and thought itd make HIM famous is all I can figure out.

How horrifying for everyone there!!!!
Yeah my boyfriend was a big Pantera fan as well. That's how I heard, tragic really. I guess the shooter blamed Darrell for the break up of Pantera. There are lots of whackos out there. Unfortunate that there was no metal detector in the building.

These are local guys and the radio stations have been talking about it since early this morning. I wonder what set the guy off. It was very personal! Such a shame.

I am interested in any new news on the case, for I am (or was) a huge Pantera fan! I have seen them 6 or 8 times in concert... back in the day.

At school today, one of my students told me his father will not let him go to a concert now because of this tragic occurrance. I think it's terrible that this incident is making people scared to go to shows!

Shame.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141121,00.html

The gunman was clearly troubled! He was accusing Pantera of stealing his lyrics and his identity years ago!
This couldve been prevented,there were so many warning signs,but it seems this young man didnt have anyone around him who cared enough to do anything and was a "loner".
He comes off alot like Mark David Chapman in the sense people knew he was "off" they just never suspected he'd become violent.

They were in a nightclub, not a concert venue, correct? I wouldn't take any of my kids into a nightclub either, but I'd certainly let them to go an age appropriate concert.

I got the news alert at work as I was on-air when it happened and I was going to post about it as soon as I got home, then I thought, "Nah, no one on WS knows who Pantera is, they like Barry Manilow." LOL!!! (based on previous music discussions.) Now I see I was wrong and I am sorry. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back