Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    Because there is no part of your constitution which outlaws discrimination on the grounds of number. There is a very clear part which outlaws discrimination on the grounds of gender. You cannot sue a prospective employer for not employing you and five other people together because you all applied for the job as a group. But you can indeed sue if you are not hired specifically on the grounds of your sex.

Btw, how many wives did Abraham have?
    You tell me but tell me when you do if it was sanctioned by his God? and any consequences of it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

It's not the same thing at all. You are asking if it's ok for someone to put out a call for violence and killing those who disagree with someone's religion versus someone saying they disagree with gay marriage because of their religion. You cannot compare the two - well I see you are trying to but the end result is very different.
    Nonsense. I'm asking you a very simple question - how would you feel if a muslim public school teacher made a fb post equating apostasy from Islam with murder? Not calling for death, or all that blah, just morally equating the two acts.

Would you be happy with him teaching in a public school? How would you feel if you knew one of his pupils was a young muslim who was privately wrestling with doubts about his/her faith?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    You tell me but tell me when you do if it was sanctioned by his God? and any consequences of it.
    I might get back to you about that in the abortion thread, after I've finished reading about what Abraham was ordered to do to Isaac.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Nonsense. I'm asking you a very simple question - how would you feel if a muslim public school teacher made a fb post equating apostasy from Islam with murder? Not calling for death, or all that blah, just morally equating the two acts.

Would you be happy with him teaching in a public school? How would you feel if you knew one of his pupils was a young muslim who was privately wrestling with doubts about his/her faith?
    I've already answered you - they believe it and post it already it - why would it be a surprise to see it on fb?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

I might get back to you about that in the abortion thread, after I've finished reading about what Abraham was ordered to do to Isaac.
    make sure you read to the end of that story. It has a happy ending.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

make sure you read to the end of that story. It has a happy ending.
    Yes, it does. Unlike the story of Jephthah's daughter.

Do you know how to read Greek? Or do you rely that someone else has translated Plato's Greek to English?
    I absolutely rely on translations. I often read a half-dozen or more and construct a chart so I can be clear as to how they differ.

But the difference is I don't vote based on texts I can't read and I don't deem people to be sinners on that basis either. I certainly don't equate them with murderers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

I've already answered you - they believe it and post it already it - why would it be a surprise to see it on fb?
    But I'm not asking you if its a surprise. Nobody said it was a surprise to see someone posting views against gay marriage on the grounds that homosexuality is equivalent to murder either.

What I'm asking you is how you feel about someone who thinks apostasy from Islam is equivalent to murder being a public school teacher. How do you feel about such a person being in a position of authority vis a vis a young muslim who is struggling with doubts about their religion?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetheart29 View Post
    Nope beacause that would be a crime. Theres laws that say muder is wrong. But there is no law that says not being ok with people being gay is crime. The Bible says we have to follow the law of the land.
    Once again, the issue is not thinking homosexuality is a sin, it's equating it with murder.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

So you are now saying that the teacher the article is about - wrote his statement based on old testament writings only? I'm just trying to clarify your point before responding.
    I think most Christians object to homosexuality based on the OT, the NT is very unclear and barely mentions the subject.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

It is exactly your opinion - and very offensive.
    Why isn't it bigoted to be anti-group marriage?
    Again, you're throwing in irrelevancies because you can't defend this teacher you've tried to make a martyr for some cause you support.

Group marriage is not equivalent to gay marriage for a number of reasons that have already been discussed in other threads. Pull up one of them or start a new thread is that is what interests you.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I think most Christians object to homosexuality based on the OT, the NT is very unclear and barely mentions the subject.
    That's incorrect -

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    He wasnt talking about any crime ,he was talking about sin. The fact that those sins are crimes was irrelavent to his post. He was purely speaking on his belief system and sins.
    More words games. Okay, you're right: sins, not crimes.

But if Christians think all sins are the same, there is something seriously wrong with their theology. There's still a difference between sinning that harms someone and consensual behavior that harms no one. To equate the two, even if technically correct according to somebody's dogma, is appalling.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Again, you're throwing in irrelevancies because you can't defend this teacher you've tried to make a martyr for some cause you support.

Group marriage is not equivalent to gay marriage for a number of reasons that have already been discussed in other threads. Pull up one of them or start a new thread is that is what interests you.
    It is equivalent because it's outside of the basis for marriage of one man, one woman that this man believes.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

More words games. Okay, you're right: sins, not crimes.

But if Christians think all sins are the same, there is something seriously wrong with their theology. There's still a difference between sinning that harms someone and consensual behavior that harms no one. To equate the two, even if technically correct according to somebody's dogma, is appalling.

just because something is consensual does not mean that it harms no one.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast