GUILTY KY - Korrey Stanton, 23, & Kaydence Miers, 22 mos, murdered, Winchester, 20 May 2012

Roxye

Reaction score
Website
www.southernsassoncrime.com
http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/...s_of_young_mom_toddler_152541885.html?ref=885

A grandmother now faces charges for the deaths of her daughter and toddler granddaughter.

Lillie Stanton, 48, is charged with two counts of murder. Winchester Police charged her late Monday afternoon. They say she admitted to the murders during an interview at UK Hospital.

23-Year-old Danel "Korrey" Stanton and 23-month-old Kaydence Miers were stabbed to death in a home on Vaught Road in Winchester. Lille Stanton was also found at the home with self-inflicted injuries.

This is my hometown. Friends of this family as in total shock. They appeared to all outsiders to be a very happy three-some! Hurts my heart to think this could actually happen.

Roxye, I am so very sorry for your pain. It truly gets you most when it's where you're from.

How horribly sad for this family of three. Prayers for the victims and other family members.

Wow - stabbed to death. That's personal. I was expecting maybe a poisoning case from the thread name.

If they seemed very happy, then maybe Grandma had a psychotic break. I cannot understand any other way a 'loving' grandmother could stab her toddler grandchild to death. :rose:

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Friends_in_shock_after_Winchester_double-homicide_152417775.html

While neighborhood speculation initially focused on Lily Stanton, investigators urged the public not to jump to conclusions.

On Sunday night, when asked if Lily Stanton was the suspect, Winchester Police Captain James Hall responded, "We're not labeling her a suspect -- anybody a suspect at this time."

Asked if Lily Stanton's injuries were self-inflicted, Hall replied, "I can't say that either."

When asked if police were confident they knew who committed the crimes, Hall answered, "Not at this time. We have individuals that we want to talk to though."

That was true as of Monday night. Since then they (Winchester Police Department) have held a press conference confirming that Lillie Stanton ( the grandmother ) has admitting to her participation in this crime.

http://www.centralkynews.com/winche...d-in-double-stabbing-20120522,0,2986818.story

“Due to her injuries, (Lillie Stanton) was not able to talk to us until yesterday,” Winchester Police Capt. James Hall said this morning in a press conference. “Ms. Stanton has given a statement to the police department admitting her actions in the murder and gave statements that she attempted to harm herself afterward.”

Hall said Lillie Stanton is still listed in serious condition, after being released from the intensive care unit, and in Winchester Police custody at the University of Kentucky Medical Center. Upon release, she will be lodged in the Clark County Detention Center.

Thanks everyone for the warm words!

Speculation of course abounds in why this might have happened. I can't say I am am insider now, because I haven't lived there for sometime, but my family is still in the area. It is quite possible, drugs were involved. MOO!!!!! Which leads me to believe that there is more to the story then we might know as of now.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/05/24/2200138/court-hearing-planned-for-grandmother.html

Stanton, 48, faces two counts of murder in Sunday's stabbings of Danel Korrey Stanton, 23, and Kaydence Ray Miers, 22 months. Lillie Stanton stabbed herself after the killings, police say.

Stanton told police that she slashed the victims' throats because she feared that her granddaughter's father was about to gain more visitation time with the child, according to a uniform citation filed Thursday with the Clark District Court clerk's office.

The report, based on statements Stanton made to Winchester police, gives a detailed account of what happened at the Stanton residence at 233 Vaught Road on Sunday afternoon.

It also lists 1 p.m. Sunday as the time the killings occurred. Lillie Stanton's former husband, Robert Stanton, arrived at the house about 5 p.m. to discover the stabbings. He called police.

This is beyond my comprehension at the moment.

She killed them because she thought they would be better off than her granddaughter having to spend time with her father ????????

What a bizarre reasoning!! If she was going to kill anyone (not that she should, obviously) but wouldn't it be the father??? This makes no sense whatsover.

What beautiful girls they were. :(

This is MOO, but she (Lillie) raised Korrey for 23 years. By all accounts, Korrey was a very happy, vibrant, intelligent young woman. She loved her daughter, Kaydance, beyond measure. She took pictures, made sacrifices, and doted on this baby girl. Kaydance was Korrey's world!

So... Lillie did something right at some point. She has a wonderful daughter, who loved her daughter. What changed? Why would Lillie go to such extreme measures to keep her grandchild away from her father?

Was Lillie on drugs and delusional? Was Lillie mentally ill? Was there something beyond that? We haven't heard anything from the father of Kaydance at this point.

I just can't wrap my mind around this right now. Something went so wrong, fast!

My Grandmother lived in Winchester for years. I remember it as being a wonderful little town.
My heart goes out to the family and all who are close to the family.

Another family tragedy, innocent lives taken by another family member. No reason for a grandmother to kill. Senseless. Preventable, who knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back