GUILTY UT - Kurt Harmer for sexual assault, victim commits suicide, Payson, 2011

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
The rapist, Kurt Hamer, got 365 days. :banghead:

As Kurt Harmer stood to be sentenced Tuesday, the woman he sexually assaulted was not in the courtroom to speak.

But in a letter she had written a week or so before, the 21-year-old woman listed the expenses she had incurred from an October sexual assault she suffered at the hands of Harmer, her landlord.

There was $750 for a deposit on a new place to live. Eight counseling sessions, at $110 a piece. There was $1,432 listed under "hospital stay for trying to commit suicide."

Next to "emotional pain and suffering," she wrote, "Hard to identify an amount."

Prosecutors knew the woman had struggled since the attack, but they had hoped counseling and a resolution to the case would help her cope.

On Thursday, however, the woman ended her own life.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54164530-78/woman-harmer-court-sexual.html.csp

I pray she can rest easy and without fear now. I have to admit, every time I read a story as heartbreaking as this one I feel like a little piece of hope I have for humanity dies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You know this wasn't his first rodeo at 43. Beware all.

May she RIP....some are just more fragile....and so sad she didn't feel she had the support to get through it.

Bless her fragile heart that she may now be at peace. A young woman who had so much to look forward to in life until................

Heart wrenching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back