Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melley View Post
    My brother's murderers were charged with murder months before his body was found. I am not going to talk about specific evidence, but there are many ways to prove someone was murdered without having their actual body in evidence.
    I am sorry about your brother, Melley!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

C/P from post made by EPIPHANY in last thread...

The first major breakthrough came on March 28 -- 12 days after Sierra's disappearance -- when the crime lab came back with news that DNA found on Sierra's clothing matched Garcia-Torres. His DNA coding was already in the law enforcement database.

In May 2009, police reports show that Garcia-Torres was arrested for obstructing justice when Morgan Hill police arrived at his former home looking for a probationer believed to be living there. Garcia-Torres repeatedly cursed at officers and told them to leave. Later, while being held in a town jail cell awaiting booking, he reportedly overflowed the cell's toilet and engraved graffiti into a bench. Police added a charge of vandalism and he was sentenced to 10 days in jail and one year probation.

In June 2010, he was arrested on suspicion of felony battery by sheriff's deputies after allegedly punching a tenant who owed his mother rent, according to the report. Charges were never filed in that case.

Evidence collected in the Sierra case also led authorities to believe Garcia-Torres was involved in at least one of three unsolved nighttime assaults in a pair of Safeway stores in Morgan Hill in 2009, Smith said. In one case, a man hid in the back of a parked car before accosting a female driver with the Taser.

The bigger breakthrough in the Sierra case came just days ago, when the crime lab came back with a positive match of Sierra's DNA in the red Jetta.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nstantly-weeks

It just gets me that a good number of felons commit crimes RIGHT after they are released...it's a darn shame when they get out and do the SAME crime they were in jail for - unfortunately, many times it's rapists, murderers, and pediphiles....and in THIS case...ONE month after his probation ended....

Anyone post about WHERE the property is/was that someone would "owe" rent to his mom???

TIA!!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MyTinkieGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bgmiller5 View Post
    They are saying it adamantly because they are charging AGT with murder, and they are probably hoping he would give up some info or cop to some kind of deal if he said where she could be found. Can't really accuse someone of murder and not be adamant about it. They obviously have no blood, no body, no weapon, no crime scene...not a lot to go on. But, you can't charge someone with murder and not be adamant about it. A week ago they were saying they have no indication she is dead and they probably still have very little indication, unless there was some kind of decomp or cadaver hit on the car. Seems like that would've been found out way before last night.
    Maybe I am way off base... but it seems to me the items they took from his trailer (blanket, etc.) could have MUCH more of the evidence they needed to tie him to murder.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    C/P from post made by EPIPHANY in last thread...

The first major breakthrough came on March 28 -- 12 days after Sierra's disappearance -- when the crime lab came back with news that DNA found on Sierra's clothing matched Garcia-Torres. His DNA coding was already in the law enforcement database.

In May 2009, police reports show that Garcia-Torres was arrested for obstructing justice when Morgan Hill police arrived at his former home looking for a probationer believed to be living there. Garcia-Torres repeatedly cursed at officers and told them to leave. Later, while being held in a town jail cell awaiting booking, he reportedly overflowed the cell's toilet and engraved graffiti into a bench. Police added a charge of vandalism and he was sentenced to 10 days in jail and one year probation.

In June 2010, he was arrested on suspicion of felony battery by sheriff's deputies after allegedly punching a tenant who owed his mother rent, according to the report. Charges were never filed in that case.

Evidence collected in the Sierra case also led authorities to believe Garcia-Torres was involved in at least one of three unsolved nighttime assaults in a pair of Safeway stores in Morgan Hill in 2009, Smith said. In one case, a man hid in the back of a parked car before accosting a female driver with the Taser.

The bigger breakthrough in the Sierra case came just days ago, when the crime lab came back with a positive match of Sierra's DNA in the red Jetta.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nstantly-weeks

It just gets me that a good number of felons commit crimes RIGHT after they are released...it's a darn shame when they get out and do the SAME crime they were in jail for - unfortunately, many times it's rapists, murderers, and pediphiles....and in THIS case...ONE month after his probation ended....

Anyone post about WHERE the property is that someone would "owe" rent to his mom???

TIA!!
    BBM - I am going to go out on a limb and say it was an illegal sub-let at the farmhouse.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by laniefi View Post
    I believe at the PC they said they DID NOT Have a murder weapon...

Can someone confirm?

ETA...but along your lines of thinking the murder weapon may be his hands (strangulation).
    I don't think they know yet how she was murdered, so even if he had a weapon, who's to say that's the murder weapon?

Until they find the body, they can't say how she was murdered, all they can say is they believe she was murdered.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpgman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    Holy moses.............
    Had to have a screen shot of that convo.......

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

I was so appaled I had to walk away last night and I havn't been back since. I just can't bear to see a teenaged victim's character being assasinated like that.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Here's link to Gilroy dispatch police blotter.. very interesting if you scroll down to that first week of March's theft arrests who the last arrest listed is..
    http://www.gilroydispatch.com/police...r-comment-area
    *sorry if already posted.
    Hmmm..Interesting! GF has a record, too!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

I believe at the PC they said they DID NOT Have a murder weapon...

Can someone confirm?

ETA...but along your lines of thinking the murder weapon may be his hands (strangulation).

Thanks, duh, I didn't even THINK about the "no murder weapon"....grrrr....LOL

I wonder why I can't get in. Shows blank page with no info
    Did you have any errors?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    Thanks, duh, I didn't even THINK about the "no murder weapon"....grrrr....LOL
    No worries - I can't keep track of details in all of these cases! I honestly can't remember a time when we had SO MANY active missing threads. So sad...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuoco7 View Post
    I wonder why I can't get in. Shows blank page with no info
    Did you have any errors?
    It takes some time to load, just scroll down the page.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

No worries - I can't keep track of details in all of these cases! I honestly can't remember a time when we had SO MANY active missing threads. So sad...
    I know, it's a shame.

I've been following cases (never posted before this month) for years now.
    Started following cases with the Ramsey case, and I've never seen so many OPEN missing cases in all the years since the Ramsey case.

Not a good sign.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rpgman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I wonder how it will affect a trial if Sierra's family does not accept the fact that she is dead. I remember in Carrie Culbertson's case, the prosecution had a hard time convincing her mother that she had to accept this, and testify to it, as in a case without the victim, they need everyone who knew her to admit that she is gone. They really don't want her family on the stand saying they believe she could be alive someplace. Eventually Carrie's mom agreed and did state that she knew/believed Carrie was dead and the suspect was convicted. I feel they probably have more forensic evidence in this case,, but they still need everyone on the same page, as it were. As it is, the defense will likely put people on the stand who claim to have "seen" Sierra since March 16th. JMO

It can't be assumed that Sierra will be found, without a confession. Who knows how far he drove that day with Sierra...while chances are it was probably not far, there are just too many places she could be.
    My impression is that Marlene is very close to accepting that Sierra is dead, if not there already.

If she truly thought Sierra is alive, why would she ask KlaasKids to keep on searching? Those searches never take place anywhere they would find a live victim; the only victim they might find would be dead.

A couple posters in the last couple days have mentioned that they didn't feel comfortable typing "Sierra is dead." How much more difficult it must be for her own mother to stand up in public and say that!

Those posters seem convinced that Sierra is dead, even though it isn't comfortable to type it yet.

I think Marlene is getting there.

Poor lady.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista_Gal View Post
    I think her little tirades on facebook actually make her and him look worse. I can understand that she is upset, but she should not be posting such things all over facebook. Given the way she speaks on fb, she is not the brightest crayon in the box. I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to lie for him, but like another person said here, her just saying he was around that morning is not enough. And her nasty comments make her look less and less credible. I like how she is going off and saying mean things about Sierra, but her DNA was found in her husband/boyfriend/fiance's (whatever he is) car. Wouldn't that also make him a "ho"?!

And his mother or sister's comment that he said he drove on that street everyday also wasn't very wise (I assume they were referring to the street her bus stop is on, is that correct?).
    Thank you ... and yes, I see your points. So he drove on that street every day, had daily opportunities to observe and plan ... and subsequently stalk even. So in effect, they're supporting what most likely happened.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast