Poll: What happened to Isa?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Isabel Celis?

What happened to Isabel Celis?

Which of the following best describes your current position on what happened to 6-year-old Isabel Celis who went missing from her home in Tuscon, AZ on April 20?

Submitted by BetteDavisEyes

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Wow ... what an interesting list of choices here ...

I had to vote "Other" because I cannot decide IF :

- Isabel was accidentally killed by one of her parents, and they are both involved in a cover-up.

- One of Isabel's parents murdered the little girl, and both parents are involved in a cover-up.

I sure hope they find little Isabel soon

JMO and

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Isabel was taken from home by extended family or friend and is in a location unknown to parents. Thanks this poll was a good idea!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gracelin For This Useful Post:

I voted for #1 in hopes that Isabel is still alive. I refuse to blame her parents until I have some hard core evidence! I can't imagine losing a child and then to be blamed for it. Even with CPS involved I still don't think Isa's parents had anything to do with her dissapearance. JMO

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MaryAnn For This Useful Post:

Other for me....I just don't know what to think.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nana46 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn View Post
    I voted for #1 in hopes that Isabel is still alive. I refuse to blame her parents until I have some hard core evidence! I can't imagine losing a child and then to be blamed for it. Even with CPS involved I still don't think Isa's parents had anything to do with her dissapearance. JMO
    I'm with you rearents. However, I am not so hopeful that we will have her back alive

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:

I was looking for the word 'acquaintance' in the choices but I voted ...

"Isabel was taken from home by extended family or friend and is in a location unknown to parents."

... instead of other.

I really don't know what to think. I have some feeling there is involvement by someone who knew the Celis' being either extended family, friend, or an acquaintance - the Celis' may have more info that we do not know of and suspect this/someone also. I would also not rule out some older friend(s) of the 14/15 year old.

However, I would not be surprised if any of the responses turn out to be true. I just don't think we have enough information at this point.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Other for me too - not enough evidence at all in this case to tell me what happened. Reminds me a lot of Kyron Horman.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

I voted 'other' because I dont think the person is a registered SO. I believe it is going to be like in the case of Sierra Lamar where the perp was not a RSO but may have had some run ins with the law but with little convictions.

Or they may have no criminal past whatsoever like David Westerfield didnt and this was the first time they went out of their comfort zone to kidnap a young child. They may have molested children in their own family in the past who have never told.

I think it very well could be a stranger but also think it could be someone that lives in the general area of the Celis family or someone who worked close by. Maybe even someone who would blend in at the functions the Celis family attended.

Someone mentioned that if Isa was abducted by a stranger she was targeted and that is true. Just like all the other stranger pedophile abductors chose their victim(s).

I do believe Isa is deceased and has been shortly after she was abducted.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I voted 'other' because I dont think the person is a registered SO. I believe it is going to be like in the case of Sierra Lamar where the perp was not a RSO but may have had some run ins with the law but with little convictions.

Or they may have no criminal past whatsoever like David Westerfield didnt and this was the first time they went out of their comfort zone to kidnap a young child. They may have molested children in their own family in the past who have never told.

I think it very well could be a stranger but also think it could be someone that lives in the general area of the Celis family or someone who worked close by. Maybe even someone who would blend in at the functions the Celis family attended.

Someone mentioned that if Isa was abducted by a stranger she was targeted and that is true. Just like all the other stranger pedophile abductors chose their victim(s).

I do believe Isa is deceased and has been shortly after she was abducted.

IMO
    I voted RSO, but I agree with you. Wish there was an option for "abducted non family but not necessarily RSO".

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marazul For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    thank you for the poll Bette and Kimster!
    This bee my opinion

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I voted RSO but, think it may be gang related... 14 to 16 yr olds, maybe. I think it may be an acquaintance... maybe, of a family member/sibling? JMO

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StrayKat For This Useful Post:

I voted 'other' because I think only one parent knew at the time what happened that night/morning.

I think there was probably some form of abuse, and Sergio must have killed her (is that accidentally?).

I think someone else helped cover it up, but not the rest of the immediate family. The mom may be covering now, though, imho.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to writer7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by writer7 View Post
    I voted 'other' because I think only one parent knew at the time what happened that night/morning.

I think there was probably some form of abuse, and Sergio must have killed her (is that accidentally?).

I think someone else helped cover it up, but not the rest of the immediate family. The mom may be covering now, though, imho.
    This is what I think as well.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

Either a person who is not on the RSO list because s/he has not been caught or one parent accidentally killed her and the other helping to cover it up. I cant make up my mind. I do not feel sexual abuse happened here at least right now anyway.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ladylub For This Useful Post:

#5 and #6 say the same thing, don't they?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huckleberryhound For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberryhound View Post
    #5 and #6 say the same thing, don't they?
    Here are the statements as I submitted them to administration for the poll:

5) Isabel was taken from her home by an extended family member or friend and is in a location known to her parents.

6) Isabel was taken from her home by an extended family member or friend and is in a location unknown to her parents.

I will ask Kimster to edit so that the statements reflect my original intentions. Thanks for your input.

ETA: Kimster has edited the poll. My statements were too long and had to be edited for posting. If anyone needs to change their vote in either #5 or #6, please let her know. Thanks.
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 05-24-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: New information

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Being alive and held by a RSO or other stranger doesn't necessarily equate with being "safe", in my mind, but I voted for it. I'm hoping beyond hope that Isa is brought home.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anita Richman For This Useful Post:

I voted this afternoon, but I just now listened to the 911 tape and want to change my vote to "One of Isabel's parents murdered the little girl, and both parents are involved in a cover-up." EXCEPT, I would strike the "both parents are involved in a cover-up" part.

(I had been deliberately NOT listening to the 911 call up until this point.)

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TechWriter797 For This Useful Post:

Hi. I've been following the case, just not posting before.

I voted other. I think it's quite possible that Isabel is still alive and possible that only one parent knows where she is.
    From my experience with families who had their children removed and were not allowed to see them for a time ... is not just because of physical abuse against the youngsters. There have been cases that CP has gotten involved in when there was extreme fighting/arguing by the parents which can also cause the children to suffer emotionally. If this is picked up by astute teachers in school, it's possible this was relayed to the police after the fact of Isabel going missing.
    Was there fighting between the parents? I don't know, but if there was and a divorce was in the talks ... fill in the best answer ...

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marikesh For This Useful Post:

"Other."

Isabel may have died, with her body then secretly removed from the home for disposal, due to foul play at the hands of one parent, i.e. death may have been unintentional but was caused by criminal abuse/neglect on the part of the parent.

Maybe the other parent does not know what happened and is therefore not part of the cover up?

Dad's 911 call is chilling IMO.
    Justice and power must be brought together,
    so that whatever is just may be powerful,
    and whatever is powerful may be just.
    Blaise Pascal

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Desdemona For This Useful Post:

I voted other, still need more info to determine what happened.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacct For This Useful Post:

Question

I voted extended family member/place known to parents. However, I believe this is my heart speaking. After hearing the 911 call (that chuckle, who does that?), it was harder to ignore the behavior of Isa's parents. Then CPS was smack in the middle of everything, only to find out they had been to the very same home in Dec 2011, I'm also confused at the (apparent) lack of urgency on the part of LE but understand.

I really hate to judge anyone and lack of information drives me crazy. On the other hand, LE keeping most everything close to the vest is very important, especially if Isa is still alive.

~~ Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. ~~

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewsMuse For This Useful Post:

My choice was there.

Isabel was murdered at home by one parent and it was covered up by both parents.

Sad to say in this case, but the most obvious scenario is usually the one that occurred.

Early on I did hope that it was a staged abduction (for profit) but the release of info regarding writing in Isa's closet and blood on her bedroom floor pretty much erased that hope for me.

What I cannot understand is the release of so much sensitive information so early in an investigation, then silence.

They have the initial testing results by now.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    My choice was there.

Isabel was murdered at home by one parent and it was covered up by both parents.

Sad to say in this case, but the most obvious scenario is usually the one that occurred.

Early on I did hope that it was a staged abduction (for profit) but the release of info regarding writing in Isa's closet and blood on her bedroom floor pretty much erased that hope for me.

What I cannot understand is the release of so much sensitive information so early in an investigation, then silence.

They have the initial testing results by now.
    Thanks for voting, SapphireSteel, and WELCOME to Websleuths!

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast