LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says several neighbours saw suspicious activity and called to report it. Does anyone know what suspicious activity?
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se...ickey-shunick/
While the search party was ongoing Sunday, several neighbors did file police reports with Lafayette Police, saying they did see suspicious activity in the area.

Crime Time: Sexual assault of a child
Jan 20, 2012 ... McClure, who apparently was a carnival worker, previously had been convicted in Illinois for criminal sexual abuse of a 10-year-old, according ...
blogs.star-telegram.com/crime_time/sexual_assault_of_a_child/ - Cached - Similar

Carnival worker arrested for sexual assault of a child | kvue.com Austin
Mar 24, 2011 ... A carnival worker was arrested and booked in Travis County jail for sexual assault of a child. 34 year old Willie Lee Miller of South Carolina ...
www.kvue.com/.../Carnival-worker-arrested-for-sexual-assault-of-a-child- 118619244.html - Cached

Carnival worker accused of child abuse for incident at Mount Horeb ...
Jun 7, 2011 ... Follow @MadisonCrimeKeep track of crime in your community. An Alaska carnival worker was charged with child abuse Tuesday for allegedly ...
host.madison.com/.../crime.../article_9fb51b34-9147-11e0-b7ed- 001cc4c002e0.html

Carnival Waiter Sexually Abuses a Minor Aboard Carnival's Liberty ...
Nov 22, 2011... to the criminal complaint filed against the cruise ship employee, Carnival ... December 10, 2011 Update: Update on Alleged Sexual Assault of ...
www.cruiselawnews.com/.../carnival-waiter-sexually-abuses-a-minor-aboard- carnivals-liberty-cruise-ship/ - Cached
Background Checks: Background check for carnival worker fell ...
Oct 31, 2011 ... Police: Background check for carnival worker fell through the cracks ... SALEM — Police have checked the criminal backgrounds of more ... but not the carnival worker who was charged with indecent assault over the weekend.
backgroundcheckssystems.blogspot.com/.../background-check-for-carnival- worker.html - Cached
Police: Background check for carnival worker fell through the cracks ...
Oct 26, 2011 ... SALEM — Police have checked the criminal backgrounds of more than 150 ... but not the carnival worker who was charged with indecent assault over ... What happened with the carnival worker is the exception rather than the ...
www.salemnews.com/.../Police-Background-check-for-carnival-worker-fell- through-the-cracks - Cached
Austin TX Carnival Worker Arrested, Charged with Sexual Assault of ...
Apr 6, 2011 ... Miami, FL – April 06 2011 - An Austin carnival worker was charged with ... for Victims of Crime (NCVC), the Miami sexual assault attorneys of ...
news.injuryattorneyfla.com/.../18-austin-tx-carnival-worker-arrested-charged -with-sexual-assault-of-child.aspx - Cached
Glen Leo Gagnon, Carnival Worker, Busted in Texas in Connection ...
Feb 14, 2012 ... A rodeo carnival worker was arrested on Sunday in Texas by the U.S. ... to Tucson to face charges stemming from the assault of his ex-girlfriend. ... is the key to apprehending these kinds of criminals," said Robert Almonte, ...
blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/.../glen_leo_gagnon_carnival_worke.php - Cached

Mickey is featured on Nancy Grace's main page.

BW confirmed on JVM that police have searched his home, car, laptop, etc.

I saw on the last thread they are starting water searches.. I hate to even hear that news...

My prayers go out for her safe return

BW confirmed on JVM that police have searched his home, car, laptop, etc.

That's good to know. I know that you and Mickey's family and friends feel he is innocent, which he may be, but it's best to leave no stone unturned.

Yeah, LPD may not be the best, but I'm quite confident his home, the last place she was seen, was one of the first places searched. Glad that he confirmed it.

Wow, I didn't know Baton Rouge was one of the top cities for Human Trafficking. Very disturbing, especially since my sister and I will be there for the weekend attending Bayou Country Superfest.

I didn't know that either!!! I brought up the idea of human trafficking to my husband a couple of days ago, and he didn't think it was likely, but now hearing about BR, our thoughts are changing.

I didn't know that either!!! I brought up the idea of human trafficking to my husband a couple of days ago, and he didn't think it was likely, but now hearing about BR, our thoughts are changing.

I agree. I was telling my MIL about Mickey's disappearance the other day and she mentioned human trafficking. She works in Baton Rouge, although she lives here in Hammond, and I suppose she has heard about it happening in Baton Rouge. She mentioned that she will be attending a seminar on it next month.

I hadn't realized BR was so known for it. It does make one wonder if Mickey could be a victim of human trafficking. One would think, though that if she were, who ever took her would leave at least her bike behind. But, obviously the people who committ such crimes are not logical, reasonable, or normal individuals so, to try to think the way they do is impossible. At least for me it is.

166 registered sex offenders in BW's area and 65 in Mickey's area. :sigh:

LE will not discuss leads with the family.

Per BW, Mickey drank the night before so she didn't drink the night she disappeared. They left the nightclub/bar and went to BW's house. Mickey was hungry so they went to Taco Bell drive thru (he drove) . They went back to his place, ate and at about 2 am Mickey said she was tired so got on her bike and left. That was the last time he saw her.

BW claims his house and car were searched as well as his laptop.

LE checking out carnival workers. Checking if any are RSO's and also their alibis for that night.

Mickey's dad said there is video surveillance from the nightclub but not sure about Taco Bell or any other area.

(all paraphrased and to the best of my recollection from JVM)

Just to clear up the exchanges from Thread #1 where we discussed the direction Mickey took upon leaving 100 Ryan Street, Ashley Says states (in the following news clip) that BW saw her ride off going DOWN Parkside, south -- away from Congress.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/1650307372001/1/Search-for-Mickey-Shunick

Here's the map again that shows the route she would have ridden as Brettly described it:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=200373679304996314350.0004c0a627809eb85f934&gl=us&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=m&vpsrc=6&ll=30.210347,-92.037706&spn=0.048806,0.090895&z=14

Her route near the Cajun Dome is approximate because she took the bike path there.

Wow, I didn't know Baton Rouge was one of the top cities for Human Trafficking. Very disturbing, especially since my sister and I will be there for the weekend attending Bayou Country Superfest.

I just heard about Mickey being missing on JVM's Show tonight ... I missed the beginning of the segment bought caught the remainder of it.

I was surprised to hear about Baton Rouge as one of the top cities for trafficking ... I still think of Baton Rouge as a "college town", but things sure have changed down here lately ... I am about 2 hours away from Lafayette via I-10 and 1 hour from Baton Rouge via I-10.

I will have to catch up on reading the previous thread later ... but a few questions if anyone can answer :

- Did anyone see Mickey riding her bike the night she went missing along the route to her home ?

- Did they find her bike ?

- Are they any searches scheduled ? Have they called in Mr. Tim Miller and TES ?

TIA !

:please: that Mickey is found soon !

Still no word of anyone seeing her riding her bike that night? No mention of her on any surveillance cameras? - strange

The carnival was in the process of being set up, but was it partially running (thereby attracting people from the bad side of town?)...

I think the carnival is key to this case. In so many cases I've followed there is an event that is different from all the previous days that precipitates the crime. Things such as a couple gets into a big fight, a new friend enters the picture, someone new moves into the neighborhood, etc., etc. And here we have a carnival that comes into town. That's the event that disturbs the normal pattern of things..

At this point I do not see any motive or event in involvement with her friend that implicates him.

Something I mentioned way back, and still wondering about, have there been cases of women being recently assaulted?
Is this a town that is sensitive to having high crime stats and is trying to suppress/downplay reports?

I don't think the fair was open yet, on the Cajun Dome website it states that it starts tomorrow afternoon. It runs over this weekend, through next week and next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail