872 users online (154 members and 718 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

CT - Ruth Lockard, 84, dies of extreme neglect, Windsor Locks, 7 May 2012

Brothers Charged With Leaving Their Mother In Filth (Hartford Courant)
    Two brothers face charges of cruelty to persons after they failed to properly care for their sick mother, who was found among rotting food and was covered with feces and blood, police said.

Ruth Lockard, 84, died a week after she was removed from the "completely filthy" home.
    Police had visited the home more than two years ago — on April 1, 2010, according to an arrest warrant affidavit — and noted that the home was "filthy and unfit." Police at the time reported that Ruth Lockard lived with her sons, and an officer recommended that state officials check in on her welfare.
    Police and paramedics were called again to Ruth Lockard's home on April 30, 2012, on a report that she was spitting up blood.
    "I observed Ruth was covered in human feces, blood, as well as [dried] feces on her feet," Windsor Locks Officer Andrew Dzierzgowski wrote in an arrest warrant affidavit. "I also observed human feces and blood scattered all over her bed sheets." There was rotten food all around her room, he wrote.

"The odor in the room was completely intolerable and the living conditions were one of the worst that I have seen in 12 years I have been employed with the Windsor Locks police department," Dzierzgowski wrote.
    more at Courant link above
    Officer Dzierzgowski asked the brothers why they had left their mother in such squalid surroundings.

William Lockard simply shrugged his shoulders and offered no answer. His brother James said he was 'extremely busy' and could not find the time to look after the 84-year-old.

The brothers, who also had poor hygiene, said they had changed their ill mother's bedding and bathed her about two weeks before.
    William Lockard, 50, remains in custody after bail was set at $35,000 on May 16 while James Lockard, 39, posted $25,000 bail.
    more at Daily Mail link below:

Brothers charged with cruelty after bed-ridden mother, 84, found covered in rotten food, blood and waste

Oh Captain, My Captain
    Words fail.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

New England
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

This just breaks my heart for this poor woman.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

State of Disbelief. SC
    That poor lady.

I'm so sorry you were treated like that Miss Ruth. I would have treated you with the dignity you deserved.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Upstate NY
    Horrible; horrible.

As Melville wrote in Redburn, "Ah! what are our creeds, and how do we hope to be saved?"

Why were 2 years allowed to go by before anyone checked on her again?

This woman died a week after they took her out of that house.

The really, really, really sad part? She had more children and grandchildren.

God, I pray I die at a young age. People just don't care about the elderly.

Oh how awful!