GZ past comments on SPD

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I also have had the opportunity to take ride-alongs with the city of Sanford Police Department and what I saw was disgusting," Zimmerman said at the time. "The officer showed me his favorite hiding spots for taking naps. ... He took two lunch breaks and attended a going away party for one of his fellow officers."

Zimmerman asked members of the city council to repeal the pension of the city's former police chief.

"I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white. It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those that are in the thin blue line," he said.

Sanford Police Capt. Robert O'Connor told CNN that the department does not have specific details about when Zimmerman rode with police or whom he rode with "if in fact he ever did ride with SPD."

On September 18, 2011, Zimmerman wrote an e-mail to the then-chief of Sanford's police, saying that he had "a completely new perspective" after working closely with the department's community volunteer coordinator.

"I have not had a positive perspective of Sanford Police Department," he wrote, according to a copy of the e-mail obtained by CNN after a records request.
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/23/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

BBM

Ironic how he know sits on that gray side of this...it appears what goes around does indeed come around, karma has been taken hold of GZ already..all he states about others, seem to bite him in his butt...I wonder if he sees the colossol lines in the black, white and gray comment...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/23/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

BBM

Ironic how he know sits on that gray side of this...it appears what goes around does indeed come around, karma has been taken hold of GZ already..all he states about others, seem to bite him in his butt...I wonder if he sees the colossol lines in the black, white and gray comment...

I can't believe the Chief would not know who GZ rode with because I believe you have to sign a form, unless the form disappeared from it's file. It would also be interesting to know who the officer was that GZ thought was sooooo lazy that night and was he a white officer???? If this information were part of the FBI investigation would SPD release it. I doubt it. They would probably say they had no information available at this time.

In either case, GZ speaking out about LE explains why he was unwilling to let LE do their job because he was so much better at it than they were. GZ certainly made sure his suspect did not get away. In today's world it is hard to hide your past. jmo

---On newly released recording, night watchman slams police
---Months later, he sends email to chief praising department

In less than a year, George Zimmerman went from slamming the Sanford, Florida, Police Department to singing its praises. This apparent shift is raising new questions about the Trayvon Martin case.

A newly released audio recording captures Zimmerman’s harsh words concerning the Sanford police at a city hall meeting in January 2011, about a year before the fateful shooting that would make him a nationally recognized figure. Zimmerman said he had gotten “the opportunity to take ride-alongs with the city of Sanford Police Department and what I saw was disgusting."

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/24/george-zimmerman-audio-surveilance-video

SO it looks like GZ did in fact attend that community forum for the black man that was beaten up by the cops son. That is allegedly where this audio tape is from.

Does that add to his credibility that he passed out those fliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313