GUILTY PA - Twins Adam & Eve Smalls, 18 mos, murdered, Philadelphia, 24 May 2012

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
A 41 year old mother is being questioned after her 18 month old twin boy and girl were found dead in a Tacony home. A 4 year old was rushed to the hospital and her condition has not been released. Apparently her mother gave her pills. The mother allegedly tried to kill herself by slitting her wrists.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...t-philadelphia-4-year-old-rushed-to-hospital/

This article quotes neighbors as saying mom is a Nurse and dad a Corrections Officer, but who knows? They had a slew of police on the scene and alllllllllllllllllllllllll the neighbors were out. I had wondered why the helicopter was hovering.

How da*n sad is that? How very sad.

'tried' to kill herself

GMAFB - these people who succeed at killing their babies but not themselves are such a joke

hope the older child makes it ok and hope dad can recover from this

Dear God what is wrong with people? Interesting how the perp can't manage to successfully kill themselves, but are all too efficient at killing the innocent. Makes me want to puke........

It would be so much better if they would just do themselves first.

I, too, find it remarkable how often parents are able to successfully kill their children, but botch their own suicide. Poor little babies. I hope the 4-year-old will be okay. So sorry for the father.

I am really sad by this. I really think with all the laws in this world, something should be mandatory about moms with you children getting checked out every 6 months. Because most don't realize they need help. And yes, not everyone does but to kill your own babies there must be something wrong.

I am really sad by this. I really think with all the laws in this world, something should be mandatory about moms with you children getting checked out every 6 months. Because most don't realize they need help. And yes, not everyone does but to kill your own babies there must be something wrong.

I think they had warning signs . I hope this doesnt come down to a religiuos belief.

Police say a mother is suspected in the death of her twin babies, an 18-month-old girl Eve and boy named Adam, before attempting to take her own life – inside their home in the 6800 block of Ditman Street

I'm so glad I didn't read this yesterday. My twin boys turned 6.

This has me furious!

I think they had warning signs . I hope this doesnt come down to a religiuos belief.

Makes ya wonder, being named Adam and Eve. Sort of reminds me of Andrea Yates in a way. She was obsessed with the religion aspect of it and that was her reasoning behind killing her kids.

I guess we'll see.

Note Filly is in no way a police officer or an anchor woman despite my winning personality. I do not know this "mom" nor her "man". They are reported to be married, but have different names.

However one of my dearest friends lives there. Not on that block, but there. She did not know the couple, but friends of hers on that block said they did and the woman was actually very nice. Again this is heresay. Not heresay is please say a prayer for the Officers that responded as they are devastated naturally.

Not heresay is this had nothing to do with religion. It had to do with: "This is why I killed your kids". Jealousy, revenge and Lord knows whatever else that is. Leaving those notes would indicate the woman thought she would kill herself as well.

Keeponsearching is right. There's something real wrong with you to murder your children.

My friend saw who supposedly was the dad and some guys moving stuff out of the house on her way to work today. Their house is smack right close to a corner of a really busy, busy street that leads from the Bridge from New Jersey. The news did try and interview the dad and he and someone else took a bunch of toys and a lil like crib and threw it in the trash truck.

Again I don't know these folks, but live close enough by that the throngs of neighbors are usually related to one of us or someone that we grew up with.

Littles RIP, and prayers for this little girl who is in hospital.

What I do not get is if your "husband" had an affair with your family member and you're that upset and miffed why not try and kill his sorry behind? That's if there truly was an affair.

It totally creeped me out that the father was already throwing away the babies things this morning. That seems very bizarre to me.

It totally creeped me out that the father was already throwing away the babies things this morning. That seems very bizarre to me.

B, I don't have any idea what is up with that. I would probably not totally believe it if I didn't see it on TV. My friend went to work earlier and they were moving stuff, but not tossing it.

That street is full of alot of kids. All those kids were out there watching as they took those little ones bodies out. People do that now. They'll just come up and stare and watch when others are in a crisis. We were never allowed nor did I allow my DD to even stick her head out the door if the cops came for someone or an ambulance. Nope, I mean that was like their Thursday night hang out over there yesterday.

It is almost unbelievable though. Over an affair. If you are so upset and I mean off your jealous, mortified, I am devastated rocker why not get him when he came home? Now he's free to be with who he wants. You murdered your babies, and you hospitalized your other child and left her without a mom.

From her fb page she seemed happy, loved her kids. There was no inkling there was anything wonky until May 19th. Then she posted on his fb and hers referencing his cheating. Maybe it hit her hard because everything seemed so good, but wow so much hate for a man to kill your own children. And him throwing out all the twins' things ?! Maybe he just couldn't bear the reminder, but it seems cold. Moo

I would think divorce would of been the next step. I have a few friends whose husbands have had affairs and I have witness the pain. Both stayed to work it out. But I wonder if more to the story is a custody battle in the future and the mom decided to take it all from him. Depressing.

I have no sympathy for this mother! She will have to live the rest of her miserable existence in a jail cell knowing she murdered her innocent children! And for what? Revenge?

I am so sick of parents doing this! I will never understand why they would choose to take the children! Just off yourself and be done with it. There is no reason to take the children's lives. It is the most vile and selfish thing anyone can do, imo, and I hope she lives the rest of her life in misery knowing what she did to her children!

MOO

Poor innocent little ones. This woman killed those little twins because her husband had an affair. She attempted to kill the 4-year-old too. Was this done to punish the husband. Stupid selfish mother who should have let her children live. She was a nurse. Don't nurses have compassion and help to heal the sick. Why not just take your own life if you are that devastated. She surely had mental health services available, but apparently revenge killing was more satisfying. She needs to be charged with two murders and one attempted murder. She should not be excuses with these crimes by pleading insanity. A nurse. Reminds me of that one in Texas who let her pedo BF move in and rape her little girl, after which she tried to cover it up. Lock her up and say no to any pleas for leniency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back