Those big old Easter Island heads? They also have bodies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
This has actually been known for many years, but seeing the pictures is a bit of a surprise.

Hidden treat: The Easter Island heads also have BODIES
The enduring image in the public's mind of the mysterious heads on Easter Island is simply that - heads.

So it comes as quite a shock to see the heads from another angle - and discover that they have full bodies, extending down many, many feet into the ground of the island.

The Easter Island Statue Project has been carefully excavating two of 1,000-plus statues on the islands - doing their best to uncover the secrets of the mysterious stones, and the people who built them, as best they can.
---
And what else did the team discover??
• The statues were erected in place and stand on stone pavements
• Post holes were cut into bedrock to support upright tree trunks
• Rope guides were cut into bedrock around the post holes
• Posts, ropes, stones, and different types of stone tools were all used to carve and raise the statues upright
• The dirt and detritus partially burying the statues was washed down from above and not deliberately placed there to bury, protect, or support the statues
---
more, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

Your basic Easter Island head w/body

Thank you. I'm embarrassed to admit I did not know this.

Thank you. I'm embarrassed to admit I did not know this.
I read it in an article someplace, National Geographic maybe, and they had an artist's representation of what the bodies probably looked like. I then forgot all about it till today when I saw the article.

Frankly, I still don't understand how ancient Polynesians found an island that is 1,500 miles from the nearest land in the first place! It's hard to imagine setting out across the Pacific in a dugout canoe.

Of course, Captain Bligh made the same trip in the opposite direction from Pitcairn Island.

Maybe like Bligh, the first Easter Islanders had no choice.

sorry woofy, but this is old news! Well, the part about the statues having bodies anyway. I've seen pics that looked like they were from 20 years ago, going off how the excavators(?) were dressed. I did not know this things about how 'they' got them to stand upright.

The old article had better pics though. On there you could see from the front... some of them had arms with the hands clasped by the belly.

I just want to know who (or what) set them up like that.

(I have no intention of finding the older article about this fyi)

sorry woofy, but this is old news! Well, the part about the statues having bodies anyway. I've seen pics that looked like they were from 20 years ago, going off how the excavators(?) were dressed. I did not know this things about how 'they' got them to stand upright.

The old article had better pics though. On there you could see from the front... some of them had arms with the hands clasped by the belly.

I just want to know who (or what) set them up like that.

(I have no intention of finding the older article about this fyi)
Ah well! Old news or new news, it is most certainly free news! Can't ask for your money back on this, lol.

http://www.thehiddenrecords.com/easter-island-rapanui-moai-orion-perseus.php

Lots of pics and info and links to more pics, facinating, i really miss the castles and old stones of the UK, when a child i believed i could feel the old souls, it felt good and strange.
I think stones can maintain reverberations of things past. I once lived in a house with many unusual things happening, built from stone quarried nearby. It wasn't a "ghost" exactly - but maybe a past still vibrant sounding through.

yea it was'nt ghosts, more like emotions and old memories, pride and power, hard to explain, but it was special to me, i allways felt respect for the old stones.

Ah well! Old news or new news, it is most certainly free news! Can't ask for your money back on this, lol.

As I said, it was news to me. Or just as likely, I had forgotten it. I've read Professor Diamond's book, COLLAPSE, which devotes a chapter to Easter Island and its decline. It's hard to imagine he didn't mention it. But because I hadn't seen pictures, it didn't register.

Thanks, wfgodot!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back