Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

I got hit on my bike when I was living in new Orleans. The guy put me and my bike in his van and drove me home. Luckily. Very likely scenario that this happened and ended differently for her. We are so naive when we are young.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CIRCA For This Useful Post:

tarabull is offline Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    Michaela "Mickey" Shunick now on AMW
    http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=80100
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

My initial thought was a drunk driver. The best (for lack of a better word) place for this would have been on Souvenir Gate. My best friend just moved from the St. Street area, and I know leaving her house at night going down the dark and windy Souvenir Gate is scary in a car with my husband, much less alone on a bike. But since there has been no evidence of this (and I really believe there would be SOMETHING had this happened), my gut reaction is that someone very near lured her in and has her. I am familiar with the area as well and have known several people who lived there, though I have never lived in the area myself. to me, there is always an uneasy feeling. Old houses, overgrown yards. Kind of always get the feeling you are being watched. Just something in my gut tells me that neighbors should be checked out, especially since they said the neighbors called about a disturbance around the same time.

I agree with your theory up to maybe # 8 or 9. We are friendly people here. She seems like a very friendly girl. I feel it was someone she may have passed before therefor felt comfortable stopping to say hello. It would have been much easier and quieter if he would have stopped her and then grabbed her in his own yard. He would be much more comfortable and efficient in his own territory. Wouldn't need a 2nd person.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CajunCoDe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    I still think there's a good chance she wrecked. As I said before, it's easier to wreck at night, there are holes in the road you would see in the daylight but can't see at night. Maybe she was injured/dazed and a "good samaritan" driving by stopped to "help" and "take her to the hospital or home" but who actually was a predator. That's why nothing has been found, he scooped everything up and put it in his vehicle.

Like Morgan Harrington, where she was intoxicated and probably hitchhiking on a college campus when she had the extremely unfortunate luck to get in the car with a predator (who had attacked women in the past) and who was likely cruising the college area looking for vulnerable women to victimize.

I am thinking of a case in Illinois of a husband and wife. Husband died at scene. She walked off into the snow and for a distance and died. It took them quite a while to find her and she was in a formal red gown.

I suppose there might be an area where Mickey could have wrecked, left her bike and it was stolen or picked up her bike and walked off and is laying lost and injured.... Find Mickey
    JMO

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

Coincident. Carny on the run http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=80112

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CIRCA For This Useful Post:

2 cents
    Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here,

I do not suspect BW of this, just does not fit the profile in my opinion/gut feeling of someone capable of harming someone in this fashion.

I first came to this websleuths site because of something close to my home in Indiana, the Lauren Spierer case.
    ==============================

I clipped the above because the post was quite long. This is my reply.

If you get a chance do compare Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer and Micky. It is amazing.

The three are blonde, blue eyes, about 110 and 5'1". All about 21 and all disappeared without a trace.

I think it was JVM or NG that showed the three girls pictures. Wow.
    When someone loves you they don't have to say it, you can tell by the way they treat you....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honeybun1807 For This Useful Post:

Am sure this isn't allowed, but I do think it is very relevant.

I don't recall Tim Miller being in Louisiana for a search in the past (I could be wrong or was just not aware of any).

Would like to let Mr. Miller and his crews know how welcome they are here and that we as Louisianians appreciate them.

Am challenging all my Louisiana friends to donate to TES $10+. Are we on Louisiana and our other WS friends!?? I am!

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    I am thinking of a case in Illinois of a husband and wife. Husband died at scene. She walked off into the snow and for a distance and died. It took them quite a while to find her and she was in a formal red gown.

I suppose there might be an area where Mickey could have wrecked, left her bike and it was stolen or picked up her bike and walked off and is laying lost and injured.... Find Mickey
    JMO
    Possible, blow to the side of the head caused a slow bleed. Unfortunately if that were the case, I would think whoever found the bike would say something and we have nothing yet! I just hope we don't have another serial killer on the loose!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCoDe View Post
    Hi all, new here.

I think Schmidty is on to something.

I have been thinking that it is possible a neighbor was familiar with her from coming and going to BW's house and possibly befriended her on occasion and knew at some point he would have an opportunity to snatch her. She was familiar with him and stopped to say hello giving him that opportunity. Are there any neighbors that live alone? Possibly a loner type? Is LE planning on going door to door? It doesnt seem to me that she got very far. Maybe I watch too much TV, but it is possible that the abducter could have her in his house right under our noses.
    I agree. If a local abducted her, she could be kept captive in the home. That is probably one of the best scenarios at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Did they say where the blurry image of someone on a bike was, in relation to B's house? To see how far she may have made it, if it was her?
    They didn't identify the place--NG called it a store--and Craft confirmed it was somewhere between Brettly's and Mickey's.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

This has me thinking- maybe the perp hit her with his vehcile and then took her. Sean Vincent Gillis (the lesser-known Baton Rouge Serial killer, arrested in 2005) hit one of his victimes, a jogger he had been stalking for sometime, while she was jogging. He hit her with his car, threw her in his car and then took her home to rape, kill, and mutilate her. She was jogging in a semi-residential middle class area off a main path (Quail Rd off of a main street, Perkins, for the locals) I think I daylight.

Maybe perp hit Mickey with his vehicle, took her bike, too or someone came later and scooped up bike. I know we think someone would have heard the crash, but I don't think anyone did in the Gillis murder/abduction of the jogger.

Quote Originally Posted by iSleuth View Post
    A few weeks ago when the Baines family were kidnapped etc.. my intuition kept popping up with the images of E.Smart feeling the younger girls were someplace " in the woods" and they were as it turned out.

What keeps coming to my mind in this case is something that happened to my brother two years ago. He was bike riding on a country road in upstate NY and a woman in a car hit him. Literally hit and drove him several feet off the road. He broke several ribs ( only ) but you know what the first thing the woman driver said? She said, "Are you Single???...because people DO MEET this way"!!! ) WTH... this struck me as a very strange thing to say considering he was sprawled out and injured.

But ....OT or not. for what ever it is worth....I keep thinking of that and seeing Poor MS run off the road in the middle of the night...then abducted by some truck or van by someone or "plural people" that took everything with them. I hate the thought and reality of human trafficking.:::shudder::: :-(

I really really, do not think that she voluntarily " ran away". Kids in close families do not miss their siblings graduations.

:-(
    Praying for the missing.
    We have to teach our kids how to be smarter/safer in our world.

CajunCoDe, me too (initial thought). But I don't know the area.

I can see several scenarios.

WRT (with regard to) someone watching her and pouncing when the time was rite (stranger or acquaintance), I still think someone may have played to her love of animals. Sure, it was 1am-ish, but apparently it's not uncommon for many people to be out and about that late, in that area. And any area could have someone taking their dog for the last walk of the day.

I still think accident or hit-and-run, but maybe that is becuz I prefer to think of the best case scenarios where she could still be alive and rescued. From everything said about her from those that know her, to me, voluntarily missing is the least likely.

I wish that LE would do a door-to-door search, starting with her likeliest route home from BW's, and then on the likeliest alternate routes.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post

JMO
    Yes, I followed that case from Day 1. Some differences were that the husband (RIP) had a high BAC, their vehicle hit a pole, and there was a snow blizzard that nite and afterwards. There had been searchers (when weather allowed) but they didn't find her until enough snow had melted. Really sad case as they had several young to teen children. She (RIP) had an ironic, poignant recent or last post on her FB, as well.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Possible, blow to the side of the head caused a slow bleed. Unfortunately if that were the case, I would think whoever found the bike would say something and we have nothing yet! I just hope we don't have another serial killer on the loose!
    Oh, Isabelle, I hope not, too. I live in BR and lived through Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Vincent Gillis. Scary time is an understatement....

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

I'm in! I'll donate when I get home!

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Am sure this isn't allowed, but I do think it is very relevant.

I don't recall Tim Miller being in Louisiana for a search in the past (I could be wrong or was just not aware of any).

Would like to let Mr. Miller and his crews know how welcome they are here and that we as Louisianians appreciate them.

Am challenging all my Louisiana friends to donate to TES $10+. Are we on Louisiana and our other WS friends!?? I am!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

We can donate as individuals but as representatives of Web Sleuths. In order to use the brand name one must first get permission.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post

2 cents
    Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here,

I do not suspect BW of this, just does not fit the profile in my opinion/gut feeling of someone capable of harming someone in this fashion.

I first came to this websleuths site because of something close to my home in Indiana, the Lauren Spierer case.
    ==============================

I clipped the above because the post was quite long. This is my reply.

If you get a chance do compare Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer and Micky. It is amazing.

The three are blonde, blue eyes, about 110 and 5'1". All about 21 and all disappeared without a trace.

I think it was JVM or NG that showed the three girls pictures. Wow.
    I had read somewhere where a person was talking about the similarities and also mentioned a kelly bordeaux (sp?)

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reedus23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Yes, I followed that case from Day 1. Some differences were that the husband (RIP) had a high BAC, their vehicle hit a pole, and there was a snow blizzard that nite and afterwards. There had been searchers (when weather allowed) but they didn't find her until enough snow had melted. Really sad case as they had several young to teen children. She (RIP) had an ironic, poignant recent or last post on her FB, as well.
    It was very sad. I'm trying to recall their name because I have forgotten how far she walked but it was outside the grid search. The accident occurred in the country on basically flat land that was not wooded but rather empty fields.
    In that case there was speculation she had run off or been abducted by a random perp after the accident. Also she had left a lone slipper by the roadside.

I am baffled by the lack of evidence and or LE not being able to give anything to the public in Mickeys case. I wasnt fond of Occams Razor (sp?) when I first joined WS but I try to keep it in the forefront of my thoughts.

The simplest explanation is what?

JMO

Schmidty - I used to love the hot dogs from that place! 15-20 years ago when I was in high school. I'm not sure if they are still as good, I don't eat hot dogs anymore.

-------

I really don't think she took Souvenier Gate, because I think it would be dangerous on a bike especially at night.

-------

I know what they are saying about the footage from cameras at night. The video from where my husband works is on the route facing the street but there's a field in between and all you could see were the blur of headlight from the vehicles. You couldn't even really tell what type of vehicle they were or what lane they were in, but it did show that there was a good amount of vehicle traffic down that road at that time. I certainly couldn't see any pedestrians or bikers.
    PJ

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjcitizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
    Oh, Isabelle, I hope not, too. I live in BR and lived through Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Vincent Gillis. Scary time is an understatement....
    Am in Baton Rouge too. Think it might be time to get a new mace and dust off my gun!

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    We can donate as individuals but as representatives of Web Sleuths. In order to use the brand name one must first get permission.
    We wouldn't have to donate as WS reps, it was meant to be a challenge, i.e., 'match me'!

Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
    I'm in! I'll donate when I get home!
    Yeah' you right!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

So - where is she? This is driving me nuts. Do you guys think she's going to be found soon, or is this going to be one of those mysteries that stay unsolved, and will be remembered in a few years only on the anniversaries of her disappearance. Good Lord I hope not.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Hoping MS was having some problems maybe with school and had to get away, rather than face them and her family. Nothing else matters when a child is missing. Any problelm/s can be solved, the only important thing is that the child is found safe! God I hope she is alright.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Hi, I've just read all three threads regarding this case, partly because I live about 40 minutes from Lafayette, (its where we small towners frequently shop/eat/play), so everyone near is afraid & concerned, and also because she seems like such a likable, sweet girl. Prayers for her family.
    But what I was wondering, is anyone else curious about BW's supposed GF? What were her feelings about the seemingly very close friendship he had with MS? Where was she the night MS was hanging out with her BF til 2am? I definitely don't mean to sound accusatory, it's just another thought on someone who, by default, knew MS pretty well...and possibly her comings & goings. Like I said, I'm totally just curious! I hope it doesn't offend anyone who may know them.

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kayleycakes For This Useful Post:

Hi Kayleycakes, and welcome to WS.

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast