Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Do the locals recognize this area? Would this be a regular route for Mickey?
    Is that st Landry st across from city hall? Video from city hall?
    PJ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pjcitizen For This Useful Post:

New developments: Can you identify this truck? LPD needs answers in the case of missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick. http://www1.katc.com/​full-coverage/...hunic​k/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/katctv3
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pjcitizen View Post
    No clue. I'm not a local that's why I asked the question.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pjcitizen View Post
    I think so, looks like the corner of St Landry and University.

There is a car gassing up, the next photo shows a white truck, going the opposite direction.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: this is a city government surveillance camera? If so WHY did it take a week to find this!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

As for the picture of Mickey riding her bike, I believe I heard they are not sure whether it's her or not (unless there has been a change in opinion).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to who knew? For This Useful Post:

Latest UpdateTruck of interest wanted in Mickey Shunick case

07:04 PM by Tonya LaCoste

There are new developments in the case of missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick. "Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street," according to Lafayette Police Dept. Cpl. Paul Mouton. Mickey then traveled on St. John Street, crossed University Ave. then continued on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video around 1:48 a.m. "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," said Mouton. Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    No clue. I'm not a local that's why I asked the question.
    I was try to answer but wanted to show I wasn't positive. It is the St Landry st area though and Queenofcorona says it's from LUS... Same general area. Thank god I can rule out BW in my mind AND heart now.
    PJ

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pjcitizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by who knew? View Post
    As for the picture of Mickey riding her bike, I believe I heard they are not sure whether it's her or not (unless there has been a change in opinion).
    This is new, not the same location! This is Mickey!

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

So I will now apologize to Brettly, because I was thinking that she may have never left his home. I am so jaded these days. And I have a beautiful daughter, age 20, and she has several male friends who swear they are just friends, but if they get drunk, they express their true 'motives'-lol
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    This is new, not the same location! This is Mickey!
    I hope it is - but they do say "believed to be Mickey Shunick". I really hope I'm wrong, but I am so tired of all the women and children being murdered, and it ends up being someone who should have been focused on caring for them, not killing them.

B could feel remorse because he didn't take very good care of his friend, but seems like a lot of coincidences happened at the same time M disappeared.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to who knew? For This Useful Post:

Hope someone recognizes the truck or if whoever owns it and is not involved will call LE immediately! But..I have a bad feeling. I think most of us guessed it would've been some sort of truck. Van or pickup.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Yes, we were beginning to slide down the slippery slope a page ago or so, and we had been asked not to sleuth Brettly or anyone who has not been named by LE as a person of interest or a suspect. So no more on BW, unless some huge reversal happens.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Following her on both streets.... :/ That's not good. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. I'm just glad they can prove she left BW's house. I'm very, very, very super shocked that she had made it that far, though, because I would have considered that to be getting safer on her route. I still think the parking garage of the old Lourdes needs to be checked, especially since they can now confirm she was on St. Landry.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    Following her on both streets.... :/ That's not good. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. I'm just glad they can prove she left BW's house. I'm very, very, very super shocked that she had made it that far, though, because I would have considered that to be getting safer on her route. I still think the parking garage of the old Lourdes needs to be checked, especially since they can now confirm she was on St. Landry.

That truck would have had to be driving very slowly to be following her on both roads. Not good, you are right.

The parking garage has been searched, might be worth going over it again.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

I don't get why they say the truck was following her (unless they didn't provide the correct photo or additional photos). At the same obvious location, Mickey/bike and truck are in separate photos, and are pointed in opposite directions. What did I miss (I refreshed)?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

So in the surveillance pics the truck is going the opposite way that Mickey was.

Possible Mickey going left to right:

Truck going the opposite way (do they think her bike may be in the bed?):

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by queenofcorona View Post
    Yes, this is front of the Circle K on the corner of University and St. Landry. To the left of the picture is LUS (Lafayette Utilities System) I suspect she went through the Saint Streets to get to the part of Congress with a sidewalk.

ETA: meaning the camera is at LUS.
    Yep, that's exactly where she was!!! I was hoping she didn't go down St. Landry to Coliseum at that time of night. St. Landry runs by the now abandoned Lourdes hospital and there are lots of medical buildings/Dr. offices down through there as well that would be closed at that time. There are some houses before, and past Lourdes but, once she got a few blocks past the vacant hospital, it gets somewhat remote ... fields. Going up Coliseum is the same ... field on her right and maybe 2-3 small commercial facilities which probably had no employees on duty that time of night.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be.....few really know who you are.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, we were beginning to slide down the slippery slope a page ago or so, and we had been asked not to sleuth Brettly or anyone who has not been named by LE as a person of interest or a suspect. So no more on BW, unless some huge reversal happens.

Thanks!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    Yes, big trucks like that are usually driven by very impatient drivers. They do not want to sit behind bicyclists. My 22 yr old has an extended cab F-250,and he would go around a girl on a bike at the first opportunity. No way would he be behind her on two different streets, UNLESS it was a friend and he was following in a protective mode.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Reminds me of the white truck in Lauren Spierer's case...poor quality surveillance photo with something in the bed. That truck turned out to be unrelated to whatever happened to Lauren.

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Is it city hall too? I always just thought LUS, but I have no clue, I've never been inside. I have been to that Circle K literally 100's of times. Questions, the Old Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital that is a bit down on the left, is it completely abandoned or do they still have stuff going on there? I know they moved to the other side of town.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to queenofcorona For This Useful Post:

That first picture of her on her bike, that is just haunting - it makes you want to just go back and stop time.

The truck is going the opposite direction. Maybe they wonder if they picked her up already...

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I wish KATC would clarify, and give TIMES of the 2 photos...so that we could make sense of it (silly me).

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast