NC/TN/IN/FL Sean Patrick Goble, long haul trucker 1995

kpdx

RIP Precious Lisa Roberts
Reaction score
Because of my interest in Buckskin Jane Doe (and other UIDs), I began to notice in the 80s and early 90s some similarities to other Jane Does.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/237ufmd.html

References a 1995 investigation into a NC long haul trucker suspected of being a serial killer.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/24/us/killer-driver-gentle-giant-or-wild-one.html

In 1995, Sean Patrick Goble confessed to the murders of at least three women who have been identified.

"He would pick up his victims at gas and service stations along the interstate and dump their bodies further down the road.

Authorities in seven other states want to question Sean about dozens of similar death that occurred along his truck routes. Many of the victims were prostitutes who were smothered or strangled. Perhaps we'll see Sean move up the ranks of his peers as he is linked to more killings.

On December 15, 1995, the 29-year-old trucker received two consecutive life terms for the killings in Tennessee."

He became a truck driver in 1992 but was considered in 7 states for matches including the following possible links:

North Carolina

an unidentified woman, age about 18, last seen at a Burlington, NC truckstop in 1990.

Cheryl Mason, a prostitute whose body was found in Guilford County, NC in 1991.

Nona Cobb, whose body was found along I-77 near an on ramp in Surry County, NC near Elkin, NC.

An unidentified woman whose body was found in western Guilford County, NC on February 19, 1995.

Tennessee

An unidentified woman found along I-81 in Greene County, Tn. Her body was badly beaten about the head.

Margaret Sue Goins, 26, of Soddy Daisy, Tn. Found in Sullivan County, Tn along I-81 near the Tri-Cities Airport. Her body had been run over by a tractor-trailer.

Rebecca Alice Hanes, 36, from Columbus, Ohio. One of the victims Goble confessed to killing, her body was found just a mile from that of Goins.

Ohio

An unidentified woman, age 20-25, found along I-75 in Miami County, Ohio (BUCKSKIN Jane Doe)

Marcia K. (Pepper) Matthews, age 25, body found June 12, 1985 along I-71 in Richmond, County, Ohio.

Shirley Dean Taylor, age 26, body found July 20, 1986 on Route 224 in Medina County, Ohio.

April Barnett, age 19, found December 4, 1986 along I-71 in Ashland County, Ohio.

An unidentified woman, age 20-25, found August 10, 1987 along I-70 in Montgomery County, Ohio.

Anna Marie Patterson, aka Cindy Lawson, aka Jenny Morrison, age 27, found March 23, 1987 near I-71 in Warren County, Ohio

Unidentified woman, age 25-35, found April 19, 1990 near junction of I-70 and SR 37, Licking County, Ohio.

Kathryn Hill, aka Wendy Turner, found November 5, 1990 near I-280 (Toledo area), Wood County, Ohio

From a profiling point of view, I find his self description of his being a "lady's man" and that women "love" him to be interesting. At 300lbs and average looking, I'd hardly say he's the man all women dream of at night. I remember a few guys back in school who weren't "good looking" but thought they were the hottest thing ever and bragged about being able to get any girl they wanted, even though they never had dates to social events. Naturally they treated girls like dirt - the pretty ones were pieces of meat and the not-so-pretty weren't "good enough" for them. Sean Patrick Goble reminds me of those guys. I'm sure he had deep-rooted disdain for women and a severe fear of rejection, similar to serial killer Gerald Stano, who also preyed on prostitutes and was also very unpopular with the girls. I highly doubt his killing women began when he became a truck driver - I am sure that he drove around in a regular vehicle picking up prostitutes and hitchhikers long before that and also while he was not on a haul. Maybe he became a long haul truck driver deliberately to carry out his sick fantasies because of how easy it would be to pick up women and dispose of them on deserted, dark highways. I bet he's responsible for at least a few of the murders listed above and possibly more that have not been unearthed yet. The article stated that he really doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of his crimes so I doubt he'd feel inclined to disclose locations to more remains or take credit for those he hasn't already so while he sits in jail with his three meals a day and clean clothes, countless families go to sleep at night without justice for their loved ones.

Recent article on Goble in the local Asheboro newspaper. http://courier-tribune.com/news/local/asheboro-serial-killer-may-have-more-victims

For the past two decades Asheboro serial killer Sean Patrick Goble has been kept under lock and key in a Tennessee prison.

Goble, now 49, was convicted 20 years ago of killing three women while a long-haul truck driver. Authorities suspect he is responsible for many more deaths.

While there are no active investigations, authorities are interested in new information, said Scott Williams, special-agent-in-charge of the Northern Piedmont District of the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) in Greensboro.

Unsolved murders matching Goble’s modus operandi and whereabouts at the time number in the dozens in states including New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana. Several women were murdered or vanished in circumstances similar to those involving Goble while he was driving trucks in the mid-1990s.

In North Carolina those cases include:
* A woman’s skull found in Asheboro in the late 1990s.

* An unidentified woman last seen at a Burlington truck stop in 1990.

* Cheryl Mason, a prostitute whose body was found in Guilford County in 1991

* Nona Cobb, whose body was found along I-77 near Elkin.

* And an unidentified woman whose body was found in western Guilford County on Feb. 19, 1995.

Goble is just one of two dozen former truck drivers serving life sentences for murder in U.S. prisons.

Sean Patrick GOBLE (Murderpedia profile)

"The Giant"

One headline referred to the 300 pound suspect as a "gentle giant."

On April 13, 1995, federal, state and local authorities arrested 28-year-old Sean Patrick Goble when he pulled his 18-wheeler into its garage in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

According to reports, Goble confessed to three murders. The first was the January 1995 strangling of Brenda Hagy, 45, of Bloomington, Indiana. Her body was found in Tennessee beside I-81.

Next, was the strangulation murder of an unidentified woman whose body was found beside I-40 in North Carolina on February 19.

Last was Alice Hanes, 36, of Columbus, Ohio. Her body was found March 19 beside I-81, also in Tennessee. Her purse was allegedly found in Goble's truck.

According to an Associated Press report, authorities say Goble strangled two of the women with his hands, the third with his legs. The identified victims were prostitutes. Goble allegedly said he killed each after sex, then dumped their bodies many miles away.

There are a litany of names, a roll call of women who have either been murdered or have simply gone missing in circumstances similar to those involving Goble. A partial recounting of some of those names are as follows:

North Carolina:
-An unidentified woman, age about 18, last seen at a Burlington, NC truckstop in 1990.
-Cheryl Mason, a prostitute whose body was found in Guilford County, NC in 1991.
-Nona Cobb, whose body was found along I-77 near an on ramp in Surry County, NC near Elkin, NC.
-An unidentified woman whose body was found in western Guilford County, NC on February 19, 1995.

Tennessee:
-An unidentified woman found along I-81 in Greene County, Tn. Her body was badly beaten about the head.
-Margaret Sue Goins, 26, of Soddy Daisy, Tn. Found in Sullivan County, Tn along I-81 near the Tri-Cities Airport. Her body had been run over by a tractor-trailer.
-Rebecca Alice Hanes, 36, from Columbus, Ohio. One of the victims Goble confessed to killing, her body was found just a mile from that of Goins.

Ohio:
-An unidentified woman, age 20-25, found along I-75 in Miami County, Ohio
-Marcia K. (Pepper) Matthews, age 25, body found June 12, 1985 along I-71 in Richmond, County, Ohio.
-Shirley Dean Taylor, age 26, body found July 20, 1986 on Route 224 in Medina County, Ohio.
-April Barnett, age 19, found December 4, 1986 along I-71 in Ashland County, Ohio.
-An unidentified woman, age 20-25, found August 10, 1987 along I-70 in Montgomery County, Ohio.
-Anna Marie Patterson, aka Cindy Lawson, aka Jenny Morrison, age 27, found March 23, 1987 near I-71 in Warren County, Ohio
-Unidentified woman, age 25-35, found April 19, 1990 near junction of I-70 and SR 37, Licking County, Ohio.
-Kathryn Hill, aka Wendy Turner, found November 5, 1990 near I-280 (Toledo area), Wood County, Ohio.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back