Thread: The Complete List of Things College Athletes Can't Say on Social Media (wait; what?)

The Complete List of Things College Athletes Can't Say on Social Media (wait; what?)

Deadspin's main story:

Don’t Say "Colt 45" Or "Pearl Necklace": How To Avoid Being Busted By The Facebook Cops Of College Sports

The list:

"Ass Ranger" To "Zoomies": The Complete List Of Things College Athletes Can’t Say On Social Media (Deadspin)
    This is the master spreadsheet for trigger words that UDiligence, a social-media monitoring service, provides to all its client universities. (We obtained the spreadsheet from LSU through an open records request.). In an email to LSU's compliance director, Kevin Long, UDiligence's CEO, explained that the company classifies words with a score of 1 as "lowest risk," 2 as "medium risk," and 3 as "high risk." (Schools are also allowed to give UDiligence their own trigger words.)
    the rest at the Deadspin links above

Caveat: the list does include offensive terms; enough, in fact, probably to offend everybody at least several times.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Who knew there were so many varieties of the F word? I'm having quite the education
    England's dancing days are done...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Thank you for posting this! I don't know why, but some of the terms cracked me up! Especially the acronyms (and I thought I had a handle on those..) Really though, "Budweiser" and "Jeremiah Weed"...those are pretty benign, oh well, like I said, it was an interesting and at times hilarious read!
    "I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharkeyes For This Useful Post:

While I can curse like a sailor after a week on the grog, this did enable me to add new versions of old favorites to my repertoire.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

godot, you come up with the most unusual & interesting topics. I am uncertain if this story fits either of those descriptions & I am a little bit amazed, shocked, surprised & angered with myself for spending so much *insert a level 1 word from profanity*, *insert a level 3 word from profanity* time with this ".

I am amazed, shocked, surprized & angered how many words fit the definition of "amaze, shock, surprise & anger". (You must read the list to understand.)

I saw quite a few terms that were new to me too, but I'll try not to work them into my conversation.

I am amazed, shocked & surprised a list such as this even exists... must be an effort to protect the status-building athletic programs. There is something very wrong there but I love college sports, so I'll say no more about that.

And I am angered, about the list's racism & sexism. Slang for some racist terms scores consistently more offensive than slang for other races. And apparently female body parts arre fair game, while matching parts of the male body is a #3 no-no. Why?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noZme For This Useful Post:

I'm lucky I'm not a college athlete, I didn't know that "50" is a bad word, and I've posted articles about racism. I'd be so busted... (oops, that one was banned too).

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Who knew there were so many varieties of the F word? I'm having quite the education
    Somewhere I have a book with a history of ye olde f-word. Great stuff - its longevity and durability and ability to adapt to the times make it one of the most useful words in the history of the English language. Long may it continue to shock.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

The ratings make no sense to me.
    I am embarrassed to say how little of the slang was foreign or unknown to me!
    Might be time to sign off for a year or two.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:

Why is the n word a 3 and redneck is 1 isn't that still calling a people a name that could offend them.