Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    My thought is AGT might have had access since he worked for Safeway - perhaps using them was part of his job?
    I have a hard time believing it. He worked there in 2010, I doubt things were exactly the same. Plus there are still the cameras.

And if MH did not have locks and/or cameras there is still the fact that it's daytime.

Produce department uses the dumpsters ALL day long and courtesy clerks dump garbage one time every hour the store is open. WAY too risky, imo.

And I just don't see him leaving the initial scene of crime and driving toward town. I think he either left her body in the general area of her house/bag/phone, or went somewhere secluded, esp. with his love of nature.

All jmo

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tuliptiptoe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    My thought is AGT might have had access since he worked for Safeway - perhaps using them was part of his job?
    I don't think so because to him that was his safe hunting grounds. If a body happened to be found in a dumpster there goes his stomping ground to find more victims.

There is a RV park in the area where LE (UVAS)has been searching and dumpsters all over the place. Same trailer type that he lived in with his mom and wife. Perhaps they lived there once. I would concentrate in that area to search.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    I have no problem whatsoever with a circumstantial evidence case. I believe kidnapping could be proven if LE really has videos of this car in enough situations and at the right times and if Sierra's DNA is in that vehicle, especially if any was found in the trunk.

I am at this time concerned with what evidence LE has that says Sierra has died. They claim not to have any blood evidence but blood is not the only bodily fluid that might indicate a victim has died. So, does LE have something else?

I have thought about hairs but I do not know how long a person would have to be deceased for a death band to show up on a hair. So a hair with a death band on it is possible in this case, but is certainly not a given.

It appears as though something came back from the crime lab that points to Sierra having been in that vehicle most likely alive, and possibly after death. But what would that be? It seems reasonable to assume AGT cleaned out his car after the crime, but could he possibly be so far removed mentally from his criminal deeds that he didn't even bother to do that? Not probable, IMO. But still remotely possible.
    I'm not all that worried because SCSD has a proven history of being tight lipped and keeping lots of evidence very close.

I don't think they've exactly lied but they certainly mislead.

When they say they have skin fragments, that makes me think of something more than just skin cells. For an example, they might have pieces of skin embedded in a tire iron.

What they've released so far isn't enough to make me feel 100% certain AGT is guilty but I'm not ruling out that they have more.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tuba View Post
    You have nuclear DNA in mind, resident in the hair bulb but I am talking about mitochondrial DNA resident in the hair shaft and quite well protected after the hair is shed. The mitochondrial DNA is present and protected by the shaft even in a cut hair.
    You are correct and I am grateful to you for straightening out my confusion.

Thank you!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I think this could change, that eventually they may want Sierra found badly enough, although it is not usually up to the family to make a deal as far as I know. They would be consulted, but if LE feels it is the best thing to do, they could do it anyway.

It depends, IMO, on whether and when the family accepts that Sierra is not coming back. Right now, they don't accept that. I wonder if LE has shared all of their evidence or just what they have made public.
    If the family thought Sierra was alive, wouldn't they be eager to make a deal to rescue her ASAP? If they don't want to plea bargain, that implies to me that they believe she was murdered.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    I don't think so because to him that was his safe hunting grounds. If a body happened to be found in a dumpster there goes his stomping ground to find more victims.

There is a RV park in the area where LE (UVAS)has been searching and dumpsters all over the place. Same trailer type that he lived in with his mom and wife. Perhaps they lived there once. I would concentrate in that area to search.

He worked at both MG Safeway's, too....they could check both of then I would think. I'm assuming this was at the same time?
    There are no facts, only interpretations. -Nietzsche

I don't know what information you are all referencing that specifically stated they have Antolin's DNA in Sierra's bag, and Sierra's DNA in his car. According to the document submitted to the court, both instances of "DNA" were shown to have a "strong association" with the DNA belonging to both individuals.
    The term "strong association" is a statistical term, which does not have any quantifiable value. It is an indicator of a relationship, but does not provide any numerical value of that relationship.

Another point I wanted to bring up is the possibility that ATG and Sierra had some contact with each other on the basis of their shared appreciation for Extacy. If you look at the pictures on his myspace page, he has two references to E. One is part of a caption of a picture of a cat, which reads "Thizzin". Another reference is the picture that is a doctored skittles bag, with the word "Thizzin". Thizzin is a term which refers to the act of taking extacy. Sierra had already expressed her appreciation for the substance in her twitter posts so it stands to reason they may have had contact in the past.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissContrary For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    If the family thought Sierra was alive, wouldn't they be eager to make a deal to rescue her ASAP? If they don't want to plea bargain, that implies to me that they believe she was murdered.
    You are right...they must deep down know she is dead, if they in fact are saying no bargaining. But I think they said as far as locating her body.
    Just my opinion, of course.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    It sounds to me like she has tried to get the truth from him at least once before and he denied it.

She says she doesn't think he would do something like that but (paraphrasing) she isn't his shadow, either, so she cannot know.

I guess I don't see the denial because I'm not 100% convinced myself. The facts outlined do look incriminating but there's not enough detail for me to connect all the dots yet.

His mother is admitting the possibility he did it, which is a huge step it seems to me.
    I was thinking about this on my way home today. I have a son, 22, my only son and my youngest child. If he lived with me and a policeman came to the door I would assume he was in trouble. If he said to me "there's no evidence", I would think he meant, "they can't prove it", which to me is totally different than I didn't do it.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CarolynV For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissContrary View Post

Another point I wanted to bring up is the possibility that ATG and Sierra had some contact with each other on the basis of their shared appreciation for Extacy. If you look at the pictures on his myspace page, he has two references to E. One is part of a caption of a picture of a cat, which reads "Thizzin". Another reference is the picture that is a doctored skittles bag, with the word "Thizzin". Thizzin is a term which refers to the act of taking extacy. Sierra had already expressed her appreciation for the substance in her twitter posts so it stands to reason they may have had contact in the past.
    SBM

They know each other because they both have an interest in a drug? Seems like a stretch. They both liked to smoke marijuana, too, but I don't think that means they might have known each other.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bgmiller5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bgmiller5 View Post
    SBM

They know each other because they both have an interest in a drug? Seems like a stretch. They both liked to smoke marijuana, too, but I don't think that means they might have known each other.
    When I was younger I had friends that smoked marijuana daily, perhaps she or someone she knew had purchased from him in the past. I can almost guarantee you, if he saw her walking and she recognized him, if he asked if she wanted to smoke before school, she would have obliged. NOW seeing that LE initially said they thought she went willingly, this could explain a lot. Just a thought.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Annah View Post
    When I was younger I had friends that smoked marijuana daily, perhaps she or someone she knew had purchased from him in the past. I can almost guarantee you, if he saw her walking and she recognized him, if he asked if she wanted to smoke before school, she would have obliged. NOW seeing that LE initially said they thought she went willingly, this could explain a lot. Just a thought.
    Do you know her? I'm not sure how anyone could say that about her, really. I mean, she didn't appear to love school, but she didn't seem like the type to just blow it off to me. We all have our opinions I suppose.

Then again I'm blown away by how there are those that think LE should publicize every detail of an investigation just so the public can try to figure out the mystery themselves. Never ceases to amaze me.

23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bgmiller5 For This Useful Post:

I'm with you. It does never cease to amaze...
    I suppose the less that is known, the broader the horizon for speculation.
    There certainly is no shortage of that .
    I guess that is just a large part of the territory.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DOUBTFUL For This Useful Post:

I'm really behind on this case, so please feel free to shoot holes in the following.

From my read, dogs lost Sierra's scent at the end of her driveway ( link ). Then you have a string of assaults at two Morgan Hill Safeways. One where the assailant used a knife and the other where he used a taser. ( link ) Later reports indicate Antolin Garcia-Torres, who worked at both Safeways, was tied by DNA to the taser assault. ( link ) Now, consider Sierra's last known location, the locations of the teen's items, her school, and where Garcia-Torres lived/worked ( link ), I'd bet dollars to donuts, the guy spent some time stalking her, to not only determine where she lived but to also get an idea of her and her family's routine, and then tased her the morning he abducted her.

Given the proximity of her belongings to her abduction, I think he continued on Hale Ave to Bailey Ave, and then took 101 back towards his work/home. Considering that his previous assault failed, I highly doubt he kept this girl alive. That is, he was/felt triumphant in catching his prey, but concerned he would be caught. So, imho, he likely murdered her shortly after abducting and raping her. Since they found her items so close to when she was abducted, this indicates to me, that he dropped those first. Hopefully, searchers have scoured Bailey Avenue. Esp around the treed area under the the area were Bailey Avenue crosses over coyote creek trail. ( link )

And finally, surely, the guy had a cell phone? If so, I would think LE executed a warrant with the carrier to obtain ping information. Which, if so, I think can ultimately be used to, at the very least, narrow down search locations.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, at this point. Please feel free to correct.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bgmiller5 View Post
    Do you know her? I'm not sure how anyone could say that about her, really. I mean, she didn't appear to love school, but she didn't seem like the type to just blow it off to me. We all have our opinions I suppose.

Then again I'm blown away by how there are those that think LE should publicize every detail of an investigation just so the public can try to figure out the mystery themselves. Never ceases to amaze me.
    wow, wasn't expecting such a harsh response.

To answer your question NO I DO NOT know her but according to her twitter she smokes, and I AM VERY INVOLVED in my own 2 TEENS LIVES, forunately my children DO NOT SMOKE BUT ALOT OF THEIR FRIENDS DO. Alot of them smoke then go to school on time and still manage great grades. Todays youth are much different than other generations. Even the smartest of kids smoke and party. I happen to be very knowledgeable in the area of teens, their slang, and culture. Like everyone else here I'm trying to help, and that requires being realistic.

I'm sorry if you or anyone else for that matter finds it offensive. BUT ITS REALITY.
    Last edited by Annah; 05-28-2012 at 04:46 AM.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Annah For This Useful Post:

Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast