Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoSueMe

Former Member
Reaction score
Thank you for joining Websleuths! :welcome3:

Please remember the following when discussing the Allison Baden-Clay case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Our rules can be reviewed here: The Rules (PLEASE make sure you know the rules!)

Currently, we are considering Allison's husband to be a suspected person of interest in this case. There is a possible second party involved per MSM and it is okay to discuss that aspect, but please refrain from accusing anyone of murder at this juncture. Speculating is one thing, accusing is another.

Thread 1

Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7

Thread 8

Thread 9

Thread 10

Thread 11

Thread 12

Thread 13

REMEMBER: No cutting and pasting of comments from other social or media websites. You may paraphrase and provide a link.

The only social media sites allowed are those belonging to the victim, Gerard Baden-Clay and any named (by law enforcement) POI or Suspect, or site created and devoted to the murder of Allison.

Media/Timeline Reference Thread: CLICK HERE

CHAT ROOM: not for case discussion!

411302-allison-baden-clay.jpg

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/05/10/1226352/411302-allison-baden-clay.jpg

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For a few days in a row, there have been numerous TOS violations on this case. While it may seem harmless to some, we are getting dozens of complaints from other members who want to discuss this case constructively. From now on, there will be more time outs issued to those who repeatedly choose to ignore our guidelines.

Here are just some of the problems that occur over and over:

* Baiting /Trolling / Inciting Conflict:There are times when a member violates our rules by trying to upset other members. Please use your ALERT feature when this happens and DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS. When a moderator is able to deal with the problem, it takes a LOT less time when he/she doesn't have to also deal with all the responses to the offense. Plus, it makes the one who initially started the conflict keep on going.

* Inviting/Baiting: This is when someone says they have information they can't share on the forum. Then someone else asks for them to PM the information. It's like be at a party and whispering secrets to each other and is not allowed here. If you have something private to share, then send a private message and don't announce it on the public thread.

* Dreams/Visions: WS doesn't condone dreams and visions and psychic information. There are plenty of sites out there on the WWW that do, but we are not one of them. We have not found that information to be helpful in solving cases.

* Announcing alerts: Don't announce that you are alerting. Just do your part and make the alert and move on.

* Sleuthing other members: It doesn't matter what they are doing here, we do NOT sleuth other members. Anonymity is taken very seriously on Websleuths. If this continues, a member could lose their posting privileges permanently

* Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling: is not allowed here. I'm learning more and more Aussie slang, so knock this stuff off.

* “Off-Topic” Posts: Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended. There is a chat thread created just for you guys. Go there and discuss things that interest you, or just to joke around in a positive manner. This thread is for discussion of Allison's murder.

None of these rules are new and a more detailed explanation of them can be found here: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Everyone is now being held responsible for knowing the rules.

119498958977780800stop_sign_right_font_mig_.svg.med.png

Have you read the two previous posts? If not, read them now.
By posting on this thread, you are stating you know the rules!

Yeah - sorry. I know it must be annoying to have newbies clogging up the works when you are all fully informed. Just wanted to introduce myself. Will wait until I've fully caught up.

And the emoticons - just something I'd wondered while I was reading over the last week. Thought I might as well ask.

Will try not to intrude till I've read it all. :truce:

WELCOME! Yes it does help to be well informed but also is a huge task to read through 13 threads. If you really were going to try to read them all the first 6 threads do give you a good idea of the basics but maybe after that just read a few chunks here and there. The last few threads i have not been able to keep up, sometimes the posts move so fast it becomes impossible.

Anyway welcome and look forward to reading your posts.

IMO, losing business is a sign that the community isn't behind him. If he wasn't suss to many, they would help him rather than run.

What do you guys think? Would you rally behind someone whose wife was murdered by a stranger, but if you thought he had something to do with it , you'd run?

Do you think the media is convicting him?

The media does seem remarkably restrained for the last four weeks, barring the mistress story last week.
In the past I've witnessed generosity from people towards those who are involved in high-profile cases, and I would think the media has helped tremendously to promote a cause.

From the very beginning of this case when Allison first disappeared, I simply watched the still photographs of GBC, and tried the read between the lines of the news stories, focussing on what was not said. I really believed, in those early days, that the journalists were trying to tell us who was responsible. When the "Pie Face" photo appeared in the CM I could only gasp at the implied message: this man pictured is a liar.
I am not saying that they swayed me to think a certain way. But when so many other intimate murders have had so much coverage, both investigative and analytical, the ordinary punter like me finds a depressively familiar pattern in the circumstances of Allison's relationship, her own tendency for silence, and the eventual discovery of her body in an unlikely suicide location.

And in the "leafy suburb of Brookfield," the quiet withdrawal of financial dealings from the most obvious suspect is the gentile equivalent of pitchforks and torches in the night. Just as devastating too, bless their hearts.

My theory has changed...Allison was drowned....information from someone very close to it all...sorry to speculate but it's real close too it all...

A horrible thought - especially as to how it happened. Maybe she was having a bath at the time, which is bad enough, but if he somehow subdued or bound her and then ran a bath and forced her into it, even more horrific.

Maybe this is what the post from Hawkins was alluding to - something the jury would find very disturbing to have to hear.

I am so concerned my original speculation and use of the KISS principle is really naive. Some of these other options are certainly disturbing, but who are we to say it hasn't happened? It's just hard to believe that something like this has occurred, and that people are so evil. But it may have, and the drugging is an interesting theory, and could explain the visit to the chemist.

Kimster
Interesting point you raised about parents supporting their offspring who kill. Naturally you still love your kids no matter what they have done but as you say some seem to be in denial. It's as if they side with the killer and demonise the person murdered and pretty much blame them for causing it.

I once met the parents of a murderer at a community morning tea. They were taking care of their 5 year old grandaughter because thier daughter was recovering from a drug problem. Their son had been convicted of murdering his girlfriend by strangling her with a towel through the window of her car. His parents asked me if I had kids, when I said that I had sons they said 'Oh you are lucky, sons are wonderful, don't have daughters they are little *****es", as they looked sideways towards their sweet little grandaughter. They told me their son was appealing his sentence on the grounds he had no knowledge of killing his girlfriend, that he must have had some sort of psychological 'blackout'.

As for the Century 21 business closing, yes I totally agree. Living in the area and being aware of GBC's profile, I have always felt his support was tenuous and based on his profile which was more or less created by him and family for business reasons. As for actually forming strong, enduring friendships I don't see GBC having any close mates standing up for him. Looks like the staff and business community have run a mile. One telling thing is that he was President of the local Chamber of Commerce, yet where are all the members, local business people, by his side supporting him? He has been a member of the Chamber of Commerce for many years and an office bearer for at least one term.

"According to friends, Mr Baden-Clay was left with no salespeople and the business has only office and rental staff who have been assisted by his parents, Nigel and Elaine."

Interesting??? A loyal employee would stay around and help during this really tough time. Seems to me the only people willing(in more ways than one) to help are his parents.

Century 21 owner Charles Tarbey said he was waiting to learn the fate of the Westside franchise but Mr Baden-Clay was yet to seek required approvals to move.

Can anyone elaborate on what this would entail???

IMO Next week's Sunday mail will have the biggest news report of the year???

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...truggling-office/story-e6frep2f-1226367888088

Mr Baden-Clay removed a trailer full of goods from the business yesterday.
Hehe not even going there but at least we now know in some way there was a trailer involved ; )

Actually I was going to go back and edit that. Will do now.

just wants robots and humans to get along

Media has been known to print photos that show POI at their worst, so I would not put too much stock in those. I recall they actually digitally enhanced some of Martin Bryant.

"According to friends, Mr Baden-Clay was left with no salespeople and the business has only office and rental staff who have been assisted by his parents, Nigel and Elaine."

Interesting??? A loyal employee would stay around and help during this really tough time. Seems to me the only people willing(in more ways than one) to help are his parents.

Century 21 owner Charles Tarbey said he was waiting to learn the fate of the Westside franchise but Mr Baden-Clay was yet to seek required approvals to move.

Can anyone elaborate on what this would entail???

IMO Next week's Sunday mail will have the biggest news report of the year???

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...truggling-office/story-e6frep2f-1226367888088

Mr Baden-Clay removed a trailer full of goods from the business yesterday.
Hehe not even going there but at least we now know in some way there was a trailer involved ; )

Generally, you need to be a loyal employer to get loyal employees.

The media does seem remarkably restrained for the last four weeks, barring the mistress story last week.
In the past I've witnessed generosity from people towards those who are involved in high-profile cases, and I would think the media has helped tremendously to promote a cause.

From the very beginning of this case when Allison first disappeared, I simply watched the still photographs of GBC, and tried the read between the lines of the news stories, focussing on what was not said. I really believed, in those early days, that the journalists were trying to tell us who was responsible. When the "Pie Face" photo appeared in the CM I could only gasp at the implied message: this man pictured is a liar.
I am not saying that they swayed me to think a certain way. But when so many other intimate murders have had so much coverage, both investigative and analytical, the ordinary punter like me finds a depressively familiar pattern in the circumstances of Allison's relationship, her own tendency for silence, and the eventual discovery of her body in an unlikely suicide location.

And in the "leafy suburb of Brookfield," the quiet withdrawal of financial dealings from the most obvious suspect is the gentile equivalent of pitchforks and torches in the night. Just as devastating too, bless their hearts.
very well said Ooohm, do we have a writer in our midst? ;)

Or that it was simply hired from one of the dozens of service stations in the area, or that it was borrowed.

Cheers

IMO BWDIK

haha I now find myself not even reading your posts until I have deciphered the reason for editing!

Generally, you need to be a loyal employer to get loyal employees.

IMO - Not surprising that GBC lists himself as a director of a Real Estate Employment Agency which prides itself in the fact that:

"The personnel [the agency provides] are exempt from the Workplace Relations Act ... None of the other onerous issues imposed by the Workplace Relations Act apply".

Kimster
Interesting point you raised about parents supporting their offspring who kill. Naturally you still love your kids no matter what they have done but as you say some seem to be in denial. It's as if they side with the killer and demonise the person murdered and pretty much blame them for causing it.

I once met the parents of a murderer at a community morning tea. They were taking care of their 5 year old grandaughter because thier daughter was recovering from a drug problem. Their son had been convicted of murdering his girlfriend by strangling her with a towel through the window of her car. His parents asked me if I had kids, when I said that I had sons they said 'Oh you are lucky, sons are wonderful, don't have daughters they are little *****es", as they looked sideways towards their sweet little grandaughter. They told me their son was appealing his sentence on the grounds he had no knowledge of killing his girlfriend, that he must have had some sort of psychological 'blackout'.

As for the Century 21 business closing, yes I totally agree. Living in the area and being aware of GBC's profile, I have always felt his support was tenuous and based on his profile which was more or less created by him and family for business reasons. As for actually forming strong, enduring friendships I don't see GBC having any close mates standing up for him. Looks like the staff and business community have run a mile. One telling thing is that he was President of the local Chamber of Commerce, yet where are all the members, local business people, by his side supporting him? He has been a member of the Chamber of Commerce for many years and an office bearer for at least one term.

firstly, that is a shocking, appalling story, and I feel sorry for that little girl being brought up by people like that.
and secondly, it was at first surprising how no one once supported GBC publicly, and the distinct lack of friends around him. I remember not so much defending any possible friends/close business acquaintances in an earlier post as much as trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, as to why. my train of thought was that maybe they were advised to make no comments. But its becoming clearer and clearer and now blindingly so, that the support was never there. As Ooohm said, the withdrawal of financial dealings speaks very loudly coming from the elitist Brookfield community. It doesn't bode well for old GBC. If not fully responsible for Allison's death, I am of the opinion we are going to hear some very seedy, sordid stories with GBC and associates or family at the very centre

I find it telling that there doesn't seem to be one person, friend, colleague, employee, neighbour who is prepared to speak out in support of him.
For all the organisations he was involved in, this silence is deafening.
Actually even he has never said himself that he is innocent has he?
IMO I think he knows the game is up and is just waiting for that knock on the door.
Dead Man Walking.

"Century 21 owner Charles Tarbey said he was waiting to learn the fate of the Westside franchise but Mr Baden-Clay was yet to seek required approvals to move".

As far as I know the Realestate licence goes with the address. When you apply for a licence you get it to operate at the address on the application, if you want to move your business to another address you first have to apply to operate from their. Not sure the exact rules, somebody just told me something like that one day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado