Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 908

Thread: Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under the Southern Cross
    Posts
    11,730
    Quote Originally Posted by possumheart View Post
    I feel that the broadcast of the funeral and the subsequent quietness of the media has provoked us to speculate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post
    It was said in an earlier thread: "this case offends our collective consciousness". IMO we are legally entitled to have an opinion about it. It is in the TOS of this forum that we must state IMO (in my opinion) or MOO (my opinion only) etc. We learned in an earlier post that a Criminal Court will convict/not convict based on the judgement of 'evidence' put before The Court, not public opinion, lynch mob opinion or local gossip.
    I agree with both of you...the full quote from Justice Paul Coghlan says it so perfectly I think even though his words were about Arthur Freeman.

    Justice Paul Coghlan... “You brought the broader community into this case in a way that has been rarely, if ever, seen before. It offends our collective conscience.”

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldingTruth View Post
    I wonder after the publishings in todays CM, whether we are going to see some more drip feeding of stories in the next week, leading up to arrest/s... Just my ponderings..(JMP, lol)
    I agree with your thoughts. They'll want something in the news every day (the media outlets will anyway!) as every day there's been an article it has been the number one most popular article all day long online.

    And hopefully it's the police doing the feeding as it suits their case.
    In jail!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:


  5. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    its been bugging the crap out of me..there is NO substantiation or the alcoholic rage scenario.
    without any info whatsoever, lets assume that the BC's drink like the average aussie, (and I'm 'dancing wide' on this one, talking about your typical aussie who has a regular drink), now this could be:

    not much during the week, and occasional big night at parties or with friends..or

    a glass or two of wine most nights, sometimes on weekends having a big one...or

    gets pissed on a regular basis


    sticking with this scenario, I have trouble believing they would have a dry wedding. In fact I would bet $100 that this type of 'typical aussie' wouldnt have a dry wedding.

    So, what sort of people have a dry wedding? (and here I am lost at sea...hahaha so please bear with me if I make no sense) we have:

    1. religious reasons


    sorry, I got nothing else
    My hubby's 1st wedding was dry. Quite bizarre given his family love a social drink! His ex wifes family were both Salvation Army & Masons. Not sure which of the two tipped the scales with regard to alcohol. No music permissible either. When his family left they continued the party

    Oh and hubby is what I would consider a 'typical Aussie'!!
    Last edited by Sleuthilicious; 05-27-2012 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Added last line

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthilicious For This Useful Post:


  7. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Queensland, AU
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    I agree with both of you...the full quote from Justice Paul Coghlan says it so perfectly I think even though his words were about Arthur Freeman.

    Justice Paul Coghlan... “You brought the broader community into this case in a way that has been rarely, if ever, seen before. It offends our collective conscience.”

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to possumheart For This Useful Post:


  9. #130
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_mum View Post
    Where is the compassion for a husband who has lost his wife and the mother of his children? Until he is arrested/charged/convicted, he is still a victim. Where is the compassion for the BCs who have lost their DIL?

    <modsnip>?
    I believe people are hesitant to state their concern for him even when they feel sympathy for him as an innocent man. unfortunately he is portrayed through the media and grapevine as a disrespectful, philandering self centered man. On top of that, his actions and the actions of nearly EVERY SINGLE BUSINESS ASSOCIATE/FRIEND/NEIGHBOUR/COMMUNITY CONTACTS/GENERAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS OVER HIS 40 ODD YEARS seem to indicate that no one wants a bar of him...NO ONE..even his own family, whilst not turning him away, couldn't be described as definitively supportive...they are perhaps only supportive in their TOTAL SILENCE, its not so much that they state their believe and faith in him, they kind of just pot around and say sweet F all. There are plenty of reasons why they aren't receiving a single ounce of compassion IMO, and most of it is of their own doing
    Last edited by minni; 05-27-2012 at 03:44 AM. Reason: both is neither here nor there

  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  11. #131
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    So it has nothing to do with the case? or does it? Thanks.
    I assume you are referring to the dry wedding.

    When it was announced a few weeks ago it was just an observation. However if reasons for a dry wedding were because either couldn't handle their drinking then it could be related to activities on the night in question.
    It's all a rather big "what if", but about as relevant as half the other theories on here.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wakeskate For This Useful Post:


  13. #132
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Outerspace
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate View Post
    I assume you are referring to the dry wedding.

    When it was announced a few weeks ago it was just an observation. However if reasons for a dry wedding were because either couldn't handle their drinking then it could be related to activities on the night in question.
    It's all a rather big "what if", but about as relevant as half the other theories on here.
    lol..true really. I didn't see the fuss over the dry wedding. IF its for reasons of drinking problems, then possibly it COULD be related..But both are really just speculation pulled out of the air. Then again as you say,s o have a few other things over the course of 14 threads on this topic!

  14. #133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Outerspace
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Nads View Post
    I agree with your thoughts. They'll want something in the news every day (the media outlets will anyway!) as every day there's been an article it has been the number one most popular article all day long online.

    And hopefully it's the police doing the feeding as it suits their case.
    Yep. My thoughts, as an arrest/s looms closer(PLease lets hope)..I think there may be some freeing up of stories that so far seems to have been kept quiet.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:


  16. #134
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I think people could start assuming, based on previous posts, that maybe alcohol was an historic issue?? IMO not sure....don't believe it has anything related to the case though, purely speculation
    It is good speculation and always probable, however, I am of the opposite opinion, IMO, I think the entire alcohol concept complete crap. Whilst there has been an enormous amount of discussion regarding GBC's alcoholism and rages...the only time EVER, that alcohol has been mentioned from the day Allison went missing was when it was reported (factually) that they had a dry wedding.
    THIS is the info we should be using in our sleuthing, not the whole alcoholic violent crazy man scenario....
    Its very possible (these guys cover this stuff up very very well), but its just another pathway with poor lighting and no direction IMO

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  18. #135
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    952
    The reason I was commenting on the dry wedding was that some were intimating that it was because one of the sets of parents were weird. That was how I read it, so I commented.
    In jail!

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:


  20. #136
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Outerspace
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    It is good speculation and always probable, however, I am of the opposite opinion, IMO, I think the entire alcohol concept complete crap. Whilst there has been an enormous amount of discussion regarding GBC's alcoholism and rages...the only time EVER, that alcohol has been mentioned from the day Allison went missing was when it was reported (factually) that they had a dry wedding.
    THIS is the info we should be using in our sleuthing, not the whole alcoholic violent crazy man scenario....
    Its very possible (these guys cover this stuff up very very well), but its just another pathway with poor lighting and no direction IMO
    Yep, I think possibly people are desperate for more facts on this case and so every little thing is being swooped on and at times probably being made a mountain out of a molehill, or something there that maybe isn't.

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:


  22. #137
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    112

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Who owns the gold Suzuki that was in the last hugging photo, it's the same one the hypocrite was driving in earlier media videos......does it belong to the sister and hypocrite?
    Greg, I would say BC seniors own it. I have seen it in BC seniors carport on day of raid, NBC driving it away from I think the Indro police station, and leaving BC seniors house.
    IMO

  23. #138
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    in relation to the talk that ABC and GBC didn't drink anymore because they are teetotallers or avoiding alcohol because they have big drinking problems blah blah blah...... I think this is totally unverified rumour and in all probability BULL*****.,..my reason for thinking this is very simple and maybe also BULL*****, however, I think its as simple as going through their online photos of the nights they went out together.

    Every photo I have seen of them together has been captured at an exciting event, a dinner party, an events night, a real estate convention, an awards night, A HELL OF A LOT OF FUN TIMES IN OTHER WORDS, and I cant say for sure, but they both look like they have enjoyed the hell out of themselves in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO I HAVE SEEN. In my humble and uneducated opinion

    BWDIK

  24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  25. #139
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by linette View Post
    Even if GBC did not do this... I would still find the way he and his family have acted as being very strange. I mean, this is their wife/daughter in law, mother of kids/grandkids and there has been NOTHING!! Even just his family, apart from his sister saying a few things, where were the BC's crying at the loss of the mother of their grandchildren, their son's wife?? It comes across as though they are totally uncaring about the whole thing. Like it's just one big inconvenience to them. What the heck?

    If this happened to one of my son/daughter in laws, I'd be both upset for my child loosing their partner & grandkids loosing their mum, and also upset that I'd lost the in law.

    It seems they have no feelings. I know some won't agree, but this is my opinion. Where are their tears? Can't they at least cry over the fact those girls have no mother now, regardless of who killed her? All IMO. I'd show more emotion than they have if I saw a dog get run over.
    I couldn't agree more, their public response has been quite shocking to me on multiple fronts, no heart felt pleas for Allison's return (apart from her SIL who doesn't even live in the same city), no presence around 'the troops' who rallied so quickly to do whatever they could (ie ie family, friends and police, fire, SES and rescue), no public thanks expressed to all those who devoted so much time and energy (often unpaid and on their own time) to help find Allison and no expression of sorrow for the tragedy that unfolded in their midst. To me, it shows a decided lack of empathy and also a decided lack of appropriate social responses (ie at least try to show some empathy and concern even if you don't feel it). To me, this isn't just a matter of being private people with a different way of responding to tragedy, it shows a deficiency in character at the best and and indication of concealment and involvement in Allison's murder at worst

  26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Doidy For This Useful Post:


  27. #140
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post
    One Up Man's Ship??? If some posters have professional credentials then KIMSTER has stated previously they need to be verified to claim professional status on this forum.
    The level of education of the poster should not matter. People are free to post anyway. Anybody can hold an opinion on this case. Sometimes good sleuthing is done by those with a good 'ear to the ground' or 'nose to the grindstone' intuitive sense anyway - not learned academics. To have a curious mind and desire to ask questions [regardless of education level] is equally important to sleuthing. MOO.
    thanks Fuskier...I like that I can state my thoughts here and have some recognition sometimes for my input (when its relevant, and quite frankly, I don't always stay on topic!)

    but its important that ANYONE, who cared for Allison or has been affected by Allison's story, can come here and talk to other like minded people without feeling they didn't spend enough time in school to warrant some recognition

  28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  29. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under the Southern Cross
    Posts
    11,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Yes I saw the article too. It has crossed my mind that police may have noticed GBC was hung over that next morning, or still reeking of alcohol, or perhaps evidence of drunken behavior as you say. Would be another reason he would need assistance for driving etc that night (would need more than one person to help in this case). All speculation, MOO.
    Yes it is all just speculation at this stage & is all we can do until further info is released.

    I'd been thinking on the report re the neighbours being interviewed three times by police....if they'd not heard too much I think police would have questioned them about it but I can't see them going back a second & third time for further interviews.

    How often is alcohol involved in domestic disputes these days??...it is soo common....alchohol or drug fuelled violence..... I can quite easily see alcohol being involved in this case.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:


  31. #142
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi50 View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before and I missed it. Delete it if it has.
    Transcript of a speech GBC gave to student leaders at Kenmore State High School
    http://expertrealestate.blogspot.co....g-history.html
    Now that just confuses me even more. Where did it all go wrong ///////???????

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxymoo For This Useful Post:


  33. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyerdahl View Post
    ... many appear to believe that ABC was suffering emotionally in her marriage - yet no-one apparently recognised that she was in any danger of any kind, or could no longer cope with her own situation, not even her best friend of many years standing.
    This may not be so. People generally do not know how to deal with DV unless they have experience with it either personally or working with it. Although others close to Allison may have recognised that she may be in danger, it was Allison's decision to make in view of her children and her situation - often to the anxiety of best friends and family members who very often feel helpless. MOO. However, as a society we are learning, and we are learning how to advise victims of DV before their situation deteriorates fatally.
    Last edited by Fuskier; 05-27-2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: typo

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:


  35. #144
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12
    Hmmm just saw this blog,

    "http://www.crookedincanada.com/2012/05/27/allison-baden-clay-murder-update-husband-gerard-packs-real-estate-business/

    not good at posting links sorry :-(

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amandaton1 For This Useful Post:


  37. #145
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Doidy View Post
    I couldn't agree more, their public response has been quite shocking to me on multiple fronts, no heart felt pleas for Allison's return (apart from her SIL who doesn't even live in the same city), no presence around 'the troops' who rallied so quickly to do whatever they could (ie ie family, friends and police, fire, SES and rescue), no public thanks expressed to all those who devoted so much time and energy (often unpaid and on their own time) to help find Allison and no expression of sorrow for the tragedy that unfolded in their midst. To me, it shows a decided lack of empathy and also a decided lack of appropriate social responses (ie at least try to show some empathy and concern even if you don't feel it). To me, this isn't just a matter of being private people with a different way of responding to tragedy, it shows a deficiency in character at the best and and indication of concealment and involvement in Allison's murder at worst
    ABSOLUTELY..they simply cannot justify this behaviour with the pathetic, piddly, simple, character deficient explanation that this is 'JUST WHO THEY ARE'......It won't hold true for a single person who knows anything about this.

    THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN SAY OR DO THAT WILL EVER EVER EVER MAKE THEIR 'NON REACTION' AND 'NON EMOTION' AND 'NON DETERMINATION TO FIX THIS BE OK WITH THE PUBLIC. EVER

    and I dont say this to insinuate that they are homicidal, or murderous or guilty of Allison's death, I am saying that, these people IMO, are cut from a different cloth to the people that I know and love. I do not understand them. I think they make GBC's situation nearly unbearable for him, if innocent

  38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  39. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    922
    Very interesting whats happened this weekend with the police saying there is a delay in toxicology and then the tox place rebuffing saying they will have it out next week.

    Anyway - lets hope that all goes to plan for the police!

  40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Liadan For This Useful Post:


  41. #147
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxymoo View Post
    Now that just confuses me even more. Where did it all go wrong ///////???????
    It was a fascinating look into his mind. Think I learned more about him on that blog than anywhere else.
    I thought it quite sickening to see him preach personal responsibility, team work etc etc.
    One thing I do notice there appears to be no occasion when he doesn't throw in the Baden Powell links.

    I'm surprised they didn't call themselves Baden-Powell-Clay.... bet they were tempted.
    All IMO only

  42. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kiwi50 For This Useful Post:


  43. #148
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxymoo View Post
    Now that just confuses me even more. Where did it all go wrong ///////???????
    It makes you want to disregard every bad thing you have heard over the last 5 weeks and believe that this man is an upstanding, caring and contributing member of our community. you are so right...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  45. #149
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    ABSOLUTELY..they simply cannot justify this behaviour with the pathetic, piddly, simple, character deficient explanation that this is 'JUST WHO THEY ARE'......It won't hold true for a single person who knows anything about this.

    THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN SAY OR DO THAT WILL EVER EVER EVER MAKE THEIR 'NON REACTION' AND 'NON EMOTION' AND 'NON DETERMINATION TO FIX THIS BE OK WITH THE PUBLIC. EVER

    and I dont say this to insinuate that they are homicidal, or murderous or guilty of Allison's death, I am saying that, these people IMO, are cut from a different cloth to the people that I know and love. I do not understand them. I think they make GBC's situation nearly unbearable for him, if innocent
    Exactly!! If Gerard is honestly innocent {as opposed to found not guilty and is really guilty} it can never change the fact of how cold his family has been. IMO even if a family is private they still don't act like that. As I said before, it's like they have no feelings. They should have been really worried when she went missing, and in total shock when her body was found. At the funeral they should have been really cut up. Geez, they don't even look like they've been crying behind closed doors. I couldn't even PRETEND not to care. How do they just breeze through this? Are the little girls being comforted enough?

    I went to the funeral of someone I'd never met last year {Rellie of hubby} and I started crying when the photos came up.

    This family actually knew her very well, she gave them grandchildren. Look at all of the people who have been deeply affected over this who have never even laid eyes on her... what is the BC's problem?? Surely somewhere in there must beat a heart?? ... maybe not.

  46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  47. #150
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    251

    Question

    Just a quick question for locals .......... I was driving inbound along Mt Crosby Rd this arvo, and half way between Kholo Creek and the Anstead mowing shop, I saw a very tall pole on the right hand side of the road, with what looks like a camera at the top. Does anyone know if it is a camera? It's probably not, but just thought I'd ask.

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bellgirl For This Useful Post:


Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1489
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
  2. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9
    By Kimster in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1403
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 10:31 AM
  3. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7
    By Kimster in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1108
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 10:41 AM
  4. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6
    By Kimster in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1199
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
  5. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012
    By kiwijayne in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1240
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •