LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue discussion of the Mickey Shunick case here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172835"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173300"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173520"]Thread #3[/ame]

Facebook link: Find Mickey Shunick Now

The Advertiser: Police map Mickey's route

When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.

And much thanks to queenofcorona, who started the original thread!

Now WHY would LE cancel an already-scheduled press conference for "lack of new information"??? Why schedule one to begin with? In hopes something would develop by airing time?

Is it possible they have a break in the case and need to pursue that instead of holding the presser? Or would they get someone to speak at the presser while the investigation continues?

Befuddled.

I am sad they postponed the presser. :mad: That is not good, imo.

One thing I'd like to mention again. It's been brought up by a couple of people...

The truck in the picture appears to have a nonstandard gas tank door, it's definitely not white like is standard on trucks like that. It may be chrome or a dark color and it could possibly help ID that specific truck.

You can see it here, the gas tank door is located just in front of the back wheel, it's the dark spot there:

533401_10150946280286969_61662826968_9696871_1682134408_n-630x442.jpg

I've never seen a presser postponed like that. That is odd.

I've never seen a presser postponed like that. That is odd.

I just read on another site that if you hold them too often, the press stops showing up and the case is quickly forgotten because of no new news. Don't know if that's why but makes sense.

Would love to know why ICE was called in. I thought this morning would have brought some news.

It wasn't postponed, it was cancelled (word used by KATC TV 3) citing the reason as there being no updates in the case.
It doesn't concern me since LE has been pretty quiet locally besides a handful of interviews by the chief with a radio station and NG. Yesterday's 3pm pressed was the only one to date.

I think generally the pressers I've seen canceled have been canceled because there is no new information to present. We can cross our fingers and hope that this one is because of new, important information coming in and now being processed by LE.

Now WHY would LE cancel an already-scheduled press conference for "lack of new information"??? Why schedule one to begin with? In hopes something would develop by airing time?

Is it possible they have a break in the case and need to pursue that instead of holding the presser? Or would they get someone to speak at the presser while the investigation continues?

Befuddled.

I sure hope you're right! We know a couple of new things have happened....it would be nice to hear they've interviewed the cyclist who came forward to ID the truck.

Have they verified her story?
Ruled it out?
Are they working on a sketch of the driver?
Have they received any calls at all about the truck?
Were they able to get a plate # for the truck on any of the videos?
Has any other female called in with a similar story?
Have the people who were gassing up at the Circle K been interviewed?
Is the KATC report that ICE has been called in accurate?
If so, why were they called in?
Did they check out the gutter?

Heck, I could ask enough questions just by myself to warrant a press conference!

Is this the same truck?

I'm still on page 8 of the last thread, but was "traveling" on the map provided and noticed this truck in the parking lot further up the street on St. John where MS was headed. Does the person who drives or owns the truck work here? Locals....do you know this business? TIA Long shot...and we don't know the date of the map image, but.....???

http://goo.gl/maps/8JI6

ETA: Oh carp.....it won't link the street view because it's a customized map. BRB after I convert.

I sure hope you're right! We know a couple of new things have happened....it would be nice to hear they've interviewed the cyclist who came forward to ID the truck.

Have they verified her story?
Ruled it out?
Are they working on a sketch of the driver?
Have they received any calls at all about the truck?
Were they able to get a plate # for the truck on any of the videos?
Has any other female called in with a similar story?
Have the people who were gassing up at the Circle K been interviewed?
Is the KATC report that ICE has been called in accurate?
If so, why were they called in?
Did they check out the gutter?

Heck, I could ask enough questions just by myself to warrant a press conference!

I don't see anywhere on KATC's page that ICE has been called in. I see request for ice (as in frozen water) and ice chests for searchers.

ICE seems generally to get called in - or at least it seems so lately - not necessarily because there are any immigration issues afoot (thus one shouldn't read into it that suspects from across the border are being looked at) but just generally because they can be extra boots on the ground, and provide logistical support for searches. Lots of ICE agents in TX, so not too far away and they can be there without too much travel.

I know they have interior cameras, and surely they've got the pumps being videoed!

What are the chances that these types of cameras don't record over after a certain period of time? Don't these things usually only hold x-hours of footage stored until they are recorded over? This break was good for LE but coming a week into the investigation is not good if any potential footage is lost.

Befuddled.

Yesterday it was announced that there would be a daily presser from now on. But on the days that they have absolutely nothing new, what's the point in holding one kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk