Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks those are 2 different trucks?
    I think the 2 by the Circle K may possibly be the same truck. The truck in the photo by itself (in same location as the car they're looking for) is definitely a different truck.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be.....few really know who you are.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bitizen View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/QPPFi.jpg

Hopefully that shows a few things, definitely on University going North.

Also, possibly irrelevant but a few people weren't sure what coulees were. This is the one near St. Landry and St. Mary.

http://i.imgur.com/oSL8d.jpg
    i searched that area twice and in the parking tower

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jessien{N}jess23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    So, I take it that these are the actual vehicles and not just an idea of what the vehicles might look like?
    I am not sure what Charlie was talking about. But KATC has continually posted in the comments section under the photos of the truck that the photo is of the actual truck LE want to know about.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    The "figure" doesn't seem to have a head. Or clothing. I think if Mickey, who was very safety aware, were hanging off the tailgate of a truck, and saw people at the Circle K, she would have jumped on.

MOO: there is no one hanging off the end of that truck.
    Do u see a "head" on the pictures of her on her bike? No it's a bright blur it's because of how blonde her hair is and the way it shows up on the camera. Someone see if u can crop and zoom the pic of her on her bike and put it next to the figure in the back of the truck I bet you'll see what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
    Hello all, I am a local student at ULL who happens to live not even two blocks from which MS was last see on video. And let me say, I, a 22 year old capable male, will think twice before traveling the streets near my house. It is very sad and surreal to know that this can happen in OUR neighborhood.

I am a frequent customer at the Circle K where MS was last seen on the camera of the Consolidated Gov building. I suppose that there is another camera at the Martin & Castille funeral home on the corner of St. Mary and St. Landry. Let me just add that further passed the funeral home is in fact a conspicuous poorly lit and desolate area. The two pictures of vehicles on St. Landry appear to be the same truck to me, and if it is, then there might really be something to go on.
    I think it is just plain nuts that Mickey or anyone else would be riding a bike at that time of the morning, alone! I don't care how much everybody else does it. This is NOT a safe world we live in, not safe at all.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jessien{N}jess23 View Post
    i searched that area twice and in the parking tower
    Yeah, some of the out of towners didn't know what a coulee was. That was just a visual for them. Like I said, probably irrelevant, but helps paint a picture of the surrounding area for those not familiar with it.

The parking garage is the one across from the abandoned Lourdes building. Pretty eerie at night, even in a car.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bitizen For This Useful Post:

This is the picture identified as a truck traveling in the same direction as Mickey. It has to be St. Landry, but I'm not recognizing it. Looks like a pedestrian on the sidewalk walking toward the direction of the truck.

I was on St. Landry today, I feel like I should recognize this with no problem!
    RBBM - if I am seeing what I think you are referring to as a pedestrian (a figure at the top of the picture somewhat just right of center), then I think that is actually a people-crossing street sign. It is visible in the google map street views too. I thought it was a person at first too, until I zoomed in and compared to the daylight satellite shots. Just goes to show you (well it did me at least!) how easy it is to misinterpret these images... Jmo...

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maedlamsmom For This Useful Post:

Third white truck with cover was clocked at 1:51:27 AM, the latest time.
    Keeping in mind we don't have times on Truck 1 and 2 that look to be the same truck.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Has anyone posited yet that the kidnapper(s) picked Mickey up without her bike, and then came back and picked up her bike later, perhaps after dropping Mickey off somewhere? It's not totally unlikely, given that there are many hours between her disappearing and anyone noticing her missing. They could've tossed it in a bush or even leaned it on a post, and came back and got it at any other point? I hope they're watching all of these surveillance videos for vehicles that came through again a few hours later.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissEm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Findmickey View Post
    Do u see a "head" on the pictures of her on her bike? No it's a bright blur it's because of how blonde her hair is and the way it shows up on the camera. Someone see if u can crop and zoom the pic of her on her bike and put it next to the figure in the back of the truck I bet you'll see what I'm talking about.
    I highly doubt someone would drive around with her on the back like that. Especially with people so close at the gas station? I don't know. Seems a tad out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Third white truck with cover was clocked at 1:51:27 AM, the latest time.
    Keeping in mind we don't have times on Truck 1 and 2 that looks to be the same truck.
    The cover... are they automatic? Could someone have stopped, closed the tailgate & pulled the cover within a couple of minutes?

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DegeMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissEm View Post
    I think the picture of the truck with the bed liner (the one that we seem to agree is driving N on University past the cemetery) shows the same truck as the picture that was released last night. If you look closely at the initial picture, it's very possible that the "person in the truck" that people keep seeing (I don't) is just reflections of light off a bed cover. I think it may well be the same truck. It passed the opposite way of Mickey, turned left, got picked up on the Southwest Insurance cam just a block away. That's my current theory, at any rate. Look at the picture again (and especially look at the way the camera seems to be spreading the headlights on the second truck; it spreads the taillight the same way on the first truck, causing an optical illusion that makes it look like the truck has no tailgate).
    Very good thinking. IOW, all three pics of white trucks might well be the same truck. I would like to see the time stamps of the truck when it was at the intersection, as well as Mickey at the same location. With time stamps we can start to get a better picture. I'm speculating that this truck passed her and caught up with her, again (drove around the block, did a U turn, etc), and snatched her.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:

I'm sure the time stamps from the 2 cameras might be different, but for this exercise, let's assume they are the same. That puts the goldish car (1:49) 1 block from Mickey photo at circle k (1:48). If the car was traveling the posted speed limit (35 ish mph) and Mickey was traveling average biking speed ( help me out here, 11 ish mph), at what point on st. Landry would the car overcome the bike? Assuming there was a green light at the intersection? Someone posted earlier that the second photo of the car was on st. Landry going in mickey's direction. Unfortunately that one is not time stamped. Any math folks able to figure it out? And if that second car photo is from a block or so up past the circle k on st. Landry, why wasn't there footage of Mickey on it as well? She would have ridden past that spot seconds after the video at circle k was taken??.?.? Wth?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to typasus3 For This Useful Post:

Mickey is only 5'1 that's tiny especially if she's curled up feeling vulnerable maybe questioning herself of her situation
    I undertand she is small in stature, but I don't think she could make herself that small. Compare the image to the image of the "running" man/woman in the gas station parking lot. He/she should appear much smaller bc he is in the distance, and the "person" is in the foreground. In fact, he appears larger. The perspective is completely off. I just cannot believe that is a human shape based on it's size. I do however, think it does look strikingly like a person wearing nude colors (or actually nude). But, I think it is just a trick of the eye and the glare of the photo.

Also, logically, I must agree with the other posters who pointed out that this is a still from a video and a video would allow for the figure to be much clearer. If a person were seen driving in the back of a pickup, I think it would be part of the LE released description of the vehicle.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maedlamsmom For This Useful Post:

Snipped:
    Quote Originally Posted by notlaw View Post
    This truck is heading north on University in front of the graveyard. This is about two blocks north of St. Landry Street.

In my opinion this does not look like the truck(s) captured on St Landry in front of the Circle K on the St. Landry / University intersection.
    I agree it doesn't appear to be the same truck by the Circle K. I'm curious as to why they released this photo though because the time on it is 1:51 am which is 3 minutes past the time she traveled through the St. Landry/Univ intersection at 1:48 am unless ... LE thinks it IS the same truck that was in the left turn lane by the Circle K???
    Last edited by mahmoo; 05-26-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be.....few really know who you are.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

Look, from my perspective, there's no way in heck she (or anyone) is sitting on the tailgate. The truck is about to turn left onto University, a major North/South thoroughfare with a speed limit of, what? 45 in town and hitting 55 shortly thereafter? It's not a slow, meandering road through the country, it is a serious highway that moves quickly. No one in their right mind would feel safe sitting on the back of an open tailgate riding up the road. And as the truck is stopped/stopping, there's ample opportunity to jump off.

It makes no sense.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MissEm For This Useful Post:

I heard news from a reliable source that is terrifying. A body was supposedly found behind the northside post office. I hope it's merely a rumor.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billiam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    I think the 2 by the Circle K may possibly be the same truck. The truck in the photo by itself (in same location as the car they're looking for) is definitely a different truck.
    Yeah, I think I finally am "getting" what KATC is saying. There are only TWO new vehicles of interest; the truck on University and the older model car. So that means the two pictures of the truck by the Circle K must be of the same truck.

Adding: maybe I am wrong again! The truck headed down St Landry is the one they identify as the new vehicle of interest, and the one on University is said to be the same one that is see turning left onto University at the light. Which would mean the truck in the turning lane has a bed cover AND a tailgate!
    Actually, I can see her blonde hair on the photo taken at LUS. I have zoomed and played with both photos. It looks like a person-Mickey-on the bike. It does not look like a person in the bed of the truck.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Artis View Post
    Very good thinking. IOW, all three pics of white trucks might well be the same truck. I would like to see the time stamps of the truck when it was at the intersection, as well as Mickey at the same location. With time stamps we can start to get a better picture. I'm speculating that this truck passed her and caught up with her, again (drove around the block, did a U turn, etc), and snatched her.
    Pretty sure they are different. One definitely has a bed cover and took a left on to university. The other which was headed the same direction looks to be a diff make/model... And since it had no cover would have been easier to throw a bike in the back of. It also fits the description of the truck reported by the other bike riding girl.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtyRunner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
    I heard news from a reliable source that is terrifying. A body was supposedly found behind the northside post office. I hope it's merely a rumor.
    Rumor, I heard.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DegeMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster View Post
    The new photo of the white truck ^^^ was taken from University Av going North just north of the intersection w/ St. Landry by the cemetery.. I went to college in Lafayette, and confirmed this on Google Maps.

EDIT to include URL: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=lafay...305.85,,0,8.77

So the large car would have passed the corner where MS was last imaged by the gas station, first passing the gas station and heading up that road north up past Ryan Street? If MS made it across the street without interference from truck 1, she would have been gone considering the 1 plus min that had gone by. If MS had been stalled, or there was an altercation/accident, they might have witnessed something like truck 2 that is probably the same as 1 going straight the same way MS had gone a minute or so earlier.

Of if large car had come from the direction that MS had been heading . . . but large car peeps would have only had one minute to harm her and move on.

Am I making sense?

The "figure" doesn't seem to have a head. Or clothing. I think if Mickey, who was very safety aware, were hanging off the tailgate of a truck, and saw people at the Circle K, she would have jumped on.

MOO: there is no one hanging off the end of that truck.
    ^^THIS

It's a highly pixelated reflection and that's all. Hopefully, the FBI or somebody will enhance these images.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:

Identify the nature of the source. I kind of doubt it since there are still posts going up about searches tomorrow.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AMB22 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    1:47:?? AM Video Captures Mickey
    1:49:38 AM Video captures large car

What road is large car on?
    Does anybody else think LE may want to speak to whoever is in large car to find out if they saw any activity involving uncovered white truck #1 (#2 is likely the same truck). LE must have the time stamps relative to the uncovered white truck that traveled in both directions (if proven to be the same truck).
    Where (what page of photos) are you getting the time stamps?

Can someone drop a link to the scanner thread? Still new, and don't know where to look.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to AquaDementia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DegeMama View Post
    Rumor, I heard.
    Word of mouth isn't too reliable apparently.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billiam For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast