Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Is this anywhere near the reported smell?
    Not even close.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

Hard to believe we have been following this case a week.....a week with no Mickey.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Seems awfully quiet around here - Whatever is happening right now, I hope MS's family gets some answers. Of course I pray for MS's safe return along with everyone else.

Question, which way was MS going to go when she was stopped across from the Circle K - right, straight or left? ty.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    Now WHY would LE cancel an already-scheduled press conference for "lack of new information"??? Why schedule one to begin with? In hopes something would develop by airing time?

Is it possible they have a break in the case and need to pursue that instead of holding the presser? Or would they get someone to speak at the presser while the investigation continues?

Befuddled.
    I know, LE even said in yesterday's conference that he highly doubted they'd have one today...then one was announced, then canceled. Strange indeed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Hard to believe we have been following this case a week.....a week with no Mickey.
    A week with no nothing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    I passed by there earlier on my way from lunch--there were several people looking at the older parking garage on St. Louis/St. Landry and the coulee nearby, and as we were approaching Blackham on St. Landry, there were several police cars and a K-9 unit going in that direction.
    Yeah I was just there and there are people looking around at St. Louis/St. Landry but no police cars that I could see. There was a car that looked like a golf cart (no doors) that was going round and round over there. Don't know if it's volunteers with the search groups. There was a man on the roof of the garage earlier today.

Earlier today around 10am there was a police car near Backham, but not more than one and no K-9. Wonder if they are finding anything. Yesterday evening near Backham there was a car with a boat on top, which I think I had also seen near the search center on St. Mary.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concernedformickey For This Useful Post:

I hope to god they don't find her deceased. With this summer heat though, the smell of decomp would be starting soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    One thing I'd like to mention again. It's been brought up by a couple of people...

The truck in the picture appears to have a nonstandard gas tank door, it's definitely not white like is standard on trucks like that. It may be chrome or a dark color and it could possibly help ID that specific truck.

You can see it here, the gas tank door is located just in front of the back wheel, it's the dark spot there:

Did Charlie not say that this is not the SPECIFIC truck they are looking for or did I totally misunderstand?

Quote Originally Posted by concernedformickey View Post
    Yeah I was just there and there are people looking around at St. Louis/St. Landry but no police cars that I could see. There was a car that looked like a golf cart (no doors) that was going round and round over there. Don't know if it's volunteers with the search groups. There was a man on the roof of the garage earlier today.

Earlier today around 10am there was a police car near Backham, but not more than one and no K-9. Wonder if they are finding anything. Yesterday evening near Backham there was a car with a boat on top, which I think I had also seen near the search center on St. Mary.

I almost turned around to see where they were going with the K-9 unit, but decided not to...sort of wish I did, now. The K-9 had a police car with a small trailer on the back, with the painted K-9 unit info on it. If they weren't going there, I wonder where they were going.

Purely speculation, but maybe they want to finish checking out the leads such as the gutter smell and whatnot before doing a press conference? The only new info since yesterday's is the truck, but you'd think they'd want to 'officially' make a statement on that....unless they have a promising lead they want to check out before issuing their statements?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CIRCA View Post
    I hope to god they don't find her deceased. With this summer heat though, the smell of decomp would be starting soon.
    I graduated from UL in Criminal Justice, and during several different classes in policing and forensics, it was mentioned that in this area, decomp would start very soon, I'd find it hard to believe you wouldn't have the smell until a week after the fact. With the humidity and temps where they are, it would only be a few days.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

I graduated from UL in Criminal Justice, and during several different classes in policing and forensics, it was mentioned that in this area, decomp would start very soon, I'd find it hard to believe you wouldn't have the smell until a week after the fact. With the humidity and temps where they are, it would only be a few days.
    I rode the same route yesterday and didn't pick up any smell. Also, I am not seeing much police at that intersection.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to concernedformickey For This Useful Post:

Unless the person who grabbed her held her captive for a few days before dumping her body. I hope not, but that would explain why it took so long for there to be a smell.
    btw- This is my first post here, but I've been religiously following this case for the past three days. As a college kid, I used to ride my bike around the inner ring suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. Now, going on 40, I realize anything could have happened, but i just didn't see it then. I hope by some miracle Mickey is okay.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Eskimo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MamaRoux View Post
    Did Charlie not say that this is not the SPECIFIC truck they are looking for or did I totally misunderstand?
    You're right.

Here's her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/charlene.shunick

Scroll down left column for her specific comments from last night.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Unless the person who grabbed her held her captive for a few days before dumping her body. I hope not, but that would explain why it took so long for there to be a smell.
    btw- This is my first post here, but I've been religiously following this case for the past three days. As a college kid, I used to ride my bike around the inner ring suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. Now, going on 40, I realize anything could have happened, but i just didn't see it then. I hope by some miracle Mickey is okay.
    Thanks for the info about decomp, I was just guessing.
    Needless to say I won't ever be jogging or biking by myself at night anymore. It was my absolute favorite time to ride and run. So quiet and peaceful. Now a terrifying idea. Attached is my embellished rendering of what everyone is seeing in the photo release by LE ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338063912.156230.jpg what is that squarish thing behind the back drivers side tire?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CIRCA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    You're right.

Here's her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/charlene.shunick

Scroll down left column for her specific comments from last night.
    All things considered and even if LE considers there to be nothing suspicious about THAT white truck, it still makes no sense to NOT be searching for that particular truck. None.

If it were my vehicle that had been captured on that cam within minutes (see car at gas pump for time reference), innocently driving by, I would expect to be found and questioned as to what, if anything, I had seen.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:

So that's not THE truck, just one of four seen in the area?

As far as ICE being brought in to assist, perhaps the mexican license plate some one had seen/mentioned yesterday and I believe he called it in or you all told him to call it in has some part in her missing.
    Just thought I would mention it as I stopped in to check on Mickey.
    JMO

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    All things considered and even if LE considers there to be nothing suspicious about THAT white truck, it still makes no sense to NOT be searching for that particular truck. None.

If it were my vehicle that had been captured on that cam within minutes (see car at gas pump for time reference), innocently driving by, I would expect to be found and questioned as to what, if anything, I had seen.
    I think you said it best last night on [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7968082&postcount=253"]thread #3, #253[/ame]:
    How very very frustrating.

Two thoughts:

LE may not want that truck to be named as "the one" for legal reasons, similar to how LE won't identify someone as a suspect but now use the term "person of interest".

Second, as more importantly, I suspect there is some concern on the part of LE based on the tone of the (younger) population ...namely, retribution, and they don't want anyone going vigilante on their own. I think they may feel it important to cast that doubt as to this being only a truck that is "similar" so as to divert anyone who may think of doing something stupid if in fact they do happen upon that - or a similar - truck.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

I would definitely be going into LPD to speak with officers if that was my vehicle and I wasn't involved. I would want my name cleared ASAP.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GulfCoastKAT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by concernedformickey View Post

'

we went by around 12 and behind the cajundome by the cement coulee there were police a k-9 unit and theyre putting up caution tape around that field with an orange cone down???? i think they found something

37. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jessien{N}jess23 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone else see chrome trim around the upper edge of the rear wheel well on the truck?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Wheelz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Does anyone else see chrome trim around the upper edge of the rear wheel well on the truck?
    Last night I thought I did. Hard to tell.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jessien{N}jess23 View Post
    '

we went by around 12 and behind the cajundome by the cement coulee there were police a k-9 unit and theyre putting up caution tape around that field with an orange cone down???? i think they found something
    What exact location are you seeing K9 & LE at?

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GulfCoastKAT For This Useful Post:

'

That would make sense, we drove by closer to 2. It's possible that the K-9 were leaving at that time and not arriving.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

'

Is that near the intersection of Coliseum and Souvenir Gate?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast