Boy buys camera at yard sale, finds photo of uncle, 23 yrs after he died in car crash

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Wichita boy’s garage-sale buy holds a treasure for his family (Wichita Eagle)
Addison Logan, 13, probably wouldn’t have gone to the garage sale Thursday if he hadn’t broken his arm in a dirt bike accident a couple of weeks ago.

He probably would have been riding the bike.

Instead, Addison, who likes garage sales, was driving around to some of them with his grandmother, Lois Logan, in west Wichita. After three stops, he finally found something he wanted to buy. It was an old Polaroid camera at a house about a mile away from his grandmother’s house. He thought the camera was “pretty cool,” he said. He bought it for $1
---
much more, with pictures, at links above and below
---
When Addison removed the cartridge and opened it he saw an old photograph inside which he took over to his grandmother.

Lois identified one of the people in it as her son, Scott, who was killed in a car accident 23 years ago.

She guessed that the photo, of him and his high school girlfriend Susan, had been taken about 10 years before his death.
---
Addison’s father told the paper: ‘I’m just shocked. The more time that passes, the more in disbelief I am.

‘So many things have to come together for that to happen. It just seems supernatural.

'It’s almost like he’s reaching out to us, saying he’s still with us.’
---
Boy who bought a $1 camera at garage sale finds photo of his uncle inside - 23 YEARS after relative died in car crash (Sunday Mail)

Thats amazing!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SOOOOOOO amazing!

Just proof - that in life - expect the unexpected!!!!!!

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"There's one thing that gives radiance to everything and that's the idea of something just around the corner!"

And say what you like --- THAT is really something!

I LOVE IT TOO BLONDIE!

Terrific Memorial Day Weekend story - glad MailOnline found it; I regularly look at my "home state" Wichita Eagle, but I missed the original story entirely.

Wow! I love stories like this! Thanks wfgodot!

sooooo ... I wonder whose camera it was and who took the picture?

Very cool story!
Maybe Uncle Scott is warning Addison to be careful...Scott and his brother both died as results of accidents...Addison had just broken his arm in an accident...:waitasec:

Very cool story!
Maybe Uncle Scott is warning Addison to be careful...Scott and his brother both died as results of accidents...Addison had just broken his arm in an accident...:waitasec:
Didn't think of it - wow, I like that angle!

I think that bogeygals signature is the perfect fit for this (hope it's ok that I borrowed it)

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
Albert Einstein

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie