1302 users online (233 members and 1069 guests)  

Websleuths News

Boy buys camera at yard sale, finds photo of uncle, 23 yrs after he died in car crash

Wichita boy’s garage-sale buy holds a treasure for his family (Wichita Eagle)
    Addison Logan, 13, probably wouldn’t have gone to the garage sale Thursday if he hadn’t broken his arm in a dirt bike accident a couple of weeks ago.

He probably would have been riding the bike.

Instead, Addison, who likes garage sales, was driving around to some of them with his grandmother, Lois Logan, in west Wichita. After three stops, he finally found something he wanted to buy. It was an old Polaroid camera at a house about a mile away from his grandmother’s house. He thought the camera was “pretty cool,” he said. He bought it for $1
    ---
    much more, with pictures, at links above and below
    ---
    When Addison removed the cartridge and opened it he saw an old photograph inside which he took over to his grandmother.

Lois identified one of the people in it as her son, Scott, who was killed in a car accident 23 years ago.

She guessed that the photo, of him and his high school girlfriend Susan, had been taken about 10 years before his death.
    ---
    Addison’s father told the paper: ‘I’m just shocked. The more time that passes, the more in disbelief I am.

‘So many things have to come together for that to happen. It just seems supernatural.

'It’s almost like he’s reaching out to us, saying he’s still with us.’
    ---
    Boy who bought a $1 camera at garage sale finds photo of his uncle inside - 23 YEARS after relative died in car crash (Sunday Mail)

Thats amazing!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Truly a "goosebumps" story.

I love this story!

SOOOOOOO amazing!

Just proof - that in life - expect the unexpected!!!!!!

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"There's one thing that gives radiance to everything and that's the idea of something just around the corner!"

And say what you like --- THAT is really something!

I LOVE IT TOO BLONDIE!
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

Terrific Memorial Day Weekend story - glad MailOnline found it; I regularly look at my "home state" Wichita Eagle, but I missed the original story entirely.

Wow! I love stories like this! Thanks wfgodot!
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

sooooo ... I wonder whose camera it was and who took the picture?

Very cool story!
    Maybe Uncle Scott is warning Addison to be careful...Scott and his brother both died as results of accidents...Addison had just broken his arm in an accident...

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Very cool story!
    Maybe Uncle Scott is warning Addison to be careful...Scott and his brother both died as results of accidents...Addison had just broken his arm in an accident...
    Didn't think of it - wow, I like that angle!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    How bizarre! And awesome!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I think that bogeygals signature is the perfect fit for this (hope it's ok that I borrowed it)

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~