Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 567

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midway between Austerlitz & Ghent
    Posts
    22,716

    LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

    Please continue discussion of the Mickey Shunick case here.

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172835"]Thread #1[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173300"]Thread #2[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173520"]Thread #3[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173629"]Thread #4[/ame]


    • We definitely should keep this updated. If you have time, here's a good way to spend
    it, as it can help create order out of chaos; and thanks, tarabull, for starting the thread:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]


    KATC Twitter feed

    • Facebook link: Find Mickey Shulnick Now

    The Advertiser, 05.27: 'Too early to quit'

    • When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.

    • Please do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.

    And much thanks to queenofcorona, who started the original thread!
    Last edited by wfgodot; 05-27-2012 at 03:51 PM.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rural Alabama
    Posts
    2,488
    Here's the location where the bike was supposedly found. I-10, exit 127.

    https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,0.363579&z=12

  3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by chili fries View Post
    here's the location where the bike was supposedly found. I-10, exit 127.

    https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,0.363579&z=12
    family denies this rumor

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaRoux View Post
    family denies this rumor
    Family also denied the pictures of the truck were the truck that we should actually be looking for. Just saying.

  7. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
    Family also denied the pictures of the truck were the truck that we should actually be looking for. Just saying.
    Yeah, that was odd.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    Here's the location where the bike was supposedly found. I-10, exit 127.

    https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,0.363579&z=12


    Hey, I just got here. How far is this from Lafayette?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Artis View Post
    Hey, I just got here. How far is this from Lafayette?
    27 miles

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    27 miles
    Which looks like about 36 min. time frame, to get a perspective of what time events could have been happening if this "tip" or whatever pans out:

    Map of Directions from Lafayette to the exit:

    http://goo.gl/maps/fEBp

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yorick For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana.
    Posts
    31

    Google Maps and Mickey

    Quote Originally Posted by yorick View Post
    Which looks like about 36 min. time frame, to get a perspective of what time events could have been happening if this "tip" or whatever pans out:

    Map of Directions from Lafayette to the exit:

    http://goo.gl/maps/fEBp
    Hey guys. This is the first posting in the forum, but I have read up on every post thus far in each thread. Here is my shot at it.

    The map you posted above is accurate, but.
    http://goo.gl/maps/KWkG

    The direction that this person was heading, if it were the white truck seen, takes him directly to the I-10 exit east. I used to live right off of St. Landry, only blocks away from where this happened. Usually, people only take a few routes with their bikes to get to congress. You either go through what the locals call the "St. Streets", you can take St. Landry all the way down, passed Blackham Coliseum to Cajundome Blvd (which is SKETCHY), or you can cut over to Johnston Street from St. Landry. I did the math using Google Maps Directions, and the only way plausible for him to pick her up assuming she is not in the bed of the truck at the time the picture was taken of the white truck making a left onto university, is if he made the left onto University. . and then made another left further down to take him into the St. Streets where he waited for Mickey to pass by. Then, he will still be easily accessible to go towards this exit after abducting her. Those are my two cents, and that is ONLY IF it is her bike in the basin. Also, that basin is common for murders or bodies to be dropped off. It's really sad


  17. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    27 miles
    Thanks.

    If this is Mickey's bike, lets hope it provides some evidence.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Artis View Post
    Hey, I just got here. How far is this from Lafayette?
    I think someone said 20 to 25 minutes away by highway.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,766
    But this is still unconfirmed by LE and the family? Seems odd that the news station would release that if it were merely a rumor. I am thinking someone leaked it or someone with the station witnessed it somehow.
    __________________
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    But this is still unconfirmed by LE and the family? Seems odd that the news station would release that if it were merely a rumor. I am thinking someone leaked it or someone with the station witnessed it somehow.
    __________________
    I agree. They are even sending out a reporter there right now. Why on earth would they waist their time doing that, if they were unsure of the information they received.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mommyof6 For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof6 View Post
    I agree. They are even sending out a reporter there right now. Why on earth would they waist their time doing that, if they were unsure of the information they received.
    It was a hot media mess when a body was found in Colorado City, TX thought to be Hailey Dunn (but later found to be a man). Of course, that's Colorado City...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    But this is still unconfirmed by LE and the family? Seems odd that the news station would release that if it were merely a rumor. I am thinking someone leaked it or someone with the station witnessed it somehow.
    __________________
    LE and news crews are there now, they found a bike but it hasn't been confirmed yet that it is Mickey's. They just suspect that it is her bike, as their report says.

  28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    LE and news crews are there now, they found a bike but it hasn't been confirmed yet that it is Mickey's. They just suspect that it is her bike, as their report says.
    Didn't she have a Schwinn? LE and media could at least confirm color and make! That's not rocket science!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midway between Austerlitz & Ghent
    Posts
    22,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Didn't she have a Schwinn? LE and media could at least confirm color and make! That's not rocket science!
    A Schwinn Madison fixed gear, I think it was.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  33. #18
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Here's a map from Bing, it shows the 127 exit, but it has really good zooming pics if you switch to Bird's eye view and zoom in.

    http://binged.it/KNXIIT

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


  35. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    244
    Not saying it's true, but there is someone posting on the Find Mickey page that they saw cops/news vans on that exit while they are heading to New Orleans. Will wait for official confirmation from the authorities, but it does seem as though something might have happened/been found.

  36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RWRNHZ40 For This Useful Post:


  37. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    118
    I wonder what color his TRUCK is? And if he was out of jail on 5/19?

    http://www.kadn.com/feature/man-arre...ild-kidnapping

    5/11
    "A Lafayette Parish man was arrested after sheriff's deputies say he tried to get a 12 year old boy into his truck."


    I know this speaks to a different type of crime/criminal, male/male child, as opposed to a possible male/female adult, crime/criminal, but this individual if released, still has an unfinished "need" that NEEDS to be attended to. This NEED was so great that he internally crossed that right/wrong line and attempted to make his fantasies or NEEDS, real!! I doubt this need went away and its probably more exacerbated. Lets say he knows he faces jail time for this crime, he bonds out or gets released before 5/19, he is a suspected "kidnapper" with a "truck" in "Lafayette, LA" looking to fill a "NEED" before heading off to prison. I think their victim profile widens out of desperation and the need to get the "NEED" satisfied in a now, time constrained window. IMO
    "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

    JC

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SK_Hunter For This Useful Post:


  39. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by SK_Hunter View Post
    I wonder what color his TRUCK is? And if he was out of jail on 5/19?

    http://www.kadn.com/feature/man-arre...ild-kidnapping

    5/11
    "A Lafayette Parish man was arrested after sheriff's deputies say he tried to get a 12 year old boy into his truck."


    I know this speaks to a different type of crime/criminal, male/male child, as opposed to a possible male/female adult, crime/criminal, but this individual if released, still has an unfinished "need" that NEEDS to be attended to. This NEED was so great that he internally crossed that right/wrong line and attempted to make his fantasies or NEEDS, real!! I doubt this need went away and its probably more exacerbated. Lets say he knows he faces jail time for this crime, he bonds out or gets released before 5/19, he is a suspected "kidnapper" with a "truck" in "Lafayette, LA" looking to fill a "NEED" before heading off to prison. I think their victim profile widens out of desperation and the need to get the "NEED" satisfied in a now, time constrained window. IMO
    Lafayette, LA Online Mugshots: http://lafayettemugshots.com

    Direct link by specific crime/charge: http://lafayettemugshots.com/charge/

    In case anyone would like to help
    "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

    JC

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SK_Hunter For This Useful Post:


  41. #22
    tarabull's Avatar
    tarabull is offline Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by SK_Hunter View Post
    Lafayette, LA Online Mugshots: http://lafayettemugshots.com

    Direct link by specific crime/charge: http://lafayettemugshots.com/charge/

    In case anyone would like to help
    Been there, done that...

    was in jail 5/19.

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:


  43. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by SK_Hunter View Post
    Lafayette, LA Online Mugshots: http://lafayettemugshots.com

    Direct link by specific crime/charge: http://lafayettemugshots.com/charge/

    In case anyone would like to help
    I believe this was discussed already and if I remember correctly, the guy involved was still incarcerated at the time of Mickeys disappearance.

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosyriveter For This Useful Post:


  45. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by SK_Hunter View Post
    Lafayette, LA Online Mugshots: http://lafayettemugshots.com

    Direct link by specific crime/charge: http://lafayettemugshots.com/charge/

    In case anyone would like to help
    Is this the former Police Chief of Lafayette?

    http://lafayettemugshots.com/mug/michael-hubbard
    "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

    JC

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to SK_Hunter For This Useful Post:


  47. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by RWRNHZ40 View Post
    Not saying it's true, but there is someone posting on the Find Mickey page that they saw cops/news vans on that exit while they are heading to New Orleans. Will wait for official confirmation from the authorities, but it does seem as though something might have happened/been found.
    Welcome to websleuths !

  48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Secrett For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012
    By CatFancier in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
  2. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1009
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 04:44 PM
  3. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 613
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  4. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 537
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 11:42 PM
  5. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 546
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 03:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •