LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue discussion of the Mickey Shunick case here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172835"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173300"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173520"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173629"]Thread #4[/ame]

• We definitely should keep this updated. If you have time, here's a good way to spend
it, as it can help create order out of chaos; and thanks, tarabull, for starting the thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]

• KATC Twitter feed

• Facebook link: Find Mickey Shulnick Now

• The Advertiser, 05.27: 'Too early to quit'

• When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.

• Please do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.

And much thanks to queenofcorona, who started the original thread!

But this is still unconfirmed by LE and the family? Seems odd that the news station would release that if it were merely a rumor. I am thinking someone leaked it or someone with the station witnessed it somehow.

Here's a map from Bing, it shows the 127 exit, but it has really good zooming pics if you switch to Bird's eye view and zoom in.

http://binged.it/KNXIIT

But this is still unconfirmed by LE and the family? Seems odd that the news station would release that if it were merely a rumor. I am thinking someone leaked it or someone with the station witnessed it somehow.

I agree. They are even sending out a reporter there right now. Why on earth would they waist their time doing that, if they were unsure of the information they received.

Not saying it's true, but there is someone posting on the Find Mickey page that they saw cops/news vans on that exit while they are heading to New Orleans. Will wait for official confirmation from the authorities, but it does seem as though something might have happened/been found.

I agree. They are even sending out a reporter there right now. Why on earth would they waist their time doing that, if they were unsure of the information they received.

It was a hot media mess when a body was found in Colorado City, TX thought to be Hailey Dunn (but later found to be a man). Of course, that's Colorado City...

Are there many exits on I-10 between Lafayette to that basin exit? Sorry, trying to figure it out per google map but hope someone may have a quicker answer.

I wonder what color his TRUCK is? And if he was out of jail on 5/19?

http://www.kadn.com/feature/man-arrested-for-attempted-child-kidnapping

5/11
"A Lafayette Parish man was arrested after sheriff's deputies say he tried to get a 12 year old boy into his truck."

I know this speaks to a different type of crime/criminal, male/male child, as opposed to a possible male/female adult, crime/criminal, but this individual if released, still has an unfinished "need" that NEEDS to be attended to. This NEED was so great that he internally crossed that right/wrong line and attempted to make his fantasies or NEEDS, real!! I doubt this need went away and its probably more exacerbated. Lets say he knows he faces jail time for this crime, he bonds out or gets released before 5/19, he is a suspected "kidnapper" with a "truck" in "Lafayette, LA" looking to fill a "NEED" before heading off to prison. I think their victim profile widens out of desperation and the need to get the "NEED" satisfied in a now, time constrained window. IMO

I hope this is just a rumor about her bike, but it seems weird that KATC would report it...

Seeing those surveillance photos from the cameras makes me feel like I was watching the abduction in real time in my own backyard. They are haunting. I want to jump into the photos and stop whatever is about to happen to Mickey.

Even if this is her bike, I will NOT give up hope on Mickey Shunick being found alive. I can give you two reasons why - Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Lee Duggard.

Everyone involved knows exactly what her bike looked like. It was not a common type of bike. I think someone said it was one with a "fix gear." If you look at her picture where she is on the bike, you can tell that it looked different from a regular bikes. JS

LE and news crews are there now, they found a bike but it hasn't been confirmed yet that it is Mickey's. They just suspect that it is her bike, as their report says.

Are there many exits on I-10 between Lafayette to that basin exit? Sorry, trying to figure it out per google map but hope someone may have a quicker answer.

University Exit is 101. The exits along the way are Exit 103, 104, 109, 115, 121, then Exit 127 which is near the area where the bike was found.

We can only make observations and judgments from outsider perspectives. The "suspected" bike is for sure being investigated as we speak. There are cops near the area. LE or the FBI have not given the public any solid information thus far and I firmly believe they are doing this for a reason. I don't expect them to release the news of the bike anytime soon. The tactical approach would be to not the the suspect know what information LE has. One can only question why the FBI was involved SO QUICKLY???????

There is exit 104 that connects to I-49, another that is the last Lafayette exit for Louisiana Ave, then two more (Breaux Bridge and Henderson/Cecilia) before you get onto the Basin Bridge. Then there are a few exits onto the Basin before you get to this particular one (I think Butte La Rose is before Whiskey Bay, but I'm not sure how many others/if there are others).

No, not many at all. There's one right before you get on and one right after you get off, but the only two exits ON the basin bridge are Whiskey Bay (which is highly deserted) and Butte La Rose, which has a beautiful welcome center/rest stop (which I believe is open or has security 24/7 and security cameras) Butte La Rose is closer to Lafayette and the Whiskey Bay exit is between Lafayette & Baton Rouge, if that makes sense.

I've driven that bridge hundreds if not thousands of times for work- if I have to use the bathroom while on it, I will hold it and wait until the rest stop at the Butte La Rose exit (in daylight hours, not sure I'd even stop there at night...probably go to Cecilia/Henderson off the bridge going to Lafayette). No way would I get off at Whiskey Bay even in daylight, just because there's nothing there. Also makes it a better place/obviously popular place for nefarious activity, particularly that connected to missing women. :(

ETA: Sorry....thought you were asking about exits ON the basin bridge itself.

This is why LE needs to be working something via social media and controling the flow of information online: KATC reports something, family denies it, chaos reigns, etc. etc. Jeesh.

Yeah, Whiskey Bay has practically nothing there. It's not well-lit, it's mostly a place to get on and off the Basin by boat (boat ramps and such). We had a flat tire one night and pulled off there and I was terrified while we waited for a tow truck. It's very desolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth