Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 567
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof6 View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...89875161_n.jpg

    Picture of site of where the suspected bike was found.
    So did they throw her bike from the highway above or actually leave the highway and drive down there?

    If it's a case of the later, I'm REALLY afraid.....
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.


    "It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare


  2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    My heart just sank.

    I am trying to find anything positive in this discovery. But sadly, if they took her to this desolate location, and dumped her bike, then I feel the worst case scenario unfolded. I hope I am wrong, but I feel so hopeless right now.
    I'm there with you katy.


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    434
    I wonder if there are any traffic cameras on that bridge.


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Secrett For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    26,154
    Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...text|FRONTPAGE

    According to the advertiser just 10 minutes ago, it's been confirmed.

    Edit--sorry, I looked to see if it had been linked, and didn't see it...then I started reading and found where it had been posted.
    That's okay - this thread moves so fast at times that posting something again sometimes helps. I missed it the first time then saw yours.


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  9. #50
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Locked Room
    Posts
    2,757
    Quote Originally Posted by finishstrong View Post
    Thank you all for helping us better understand and visualize that area/exits. Unfortunately, it seems like a likely place for them to find something. As others are aware of the likeliness as well, I wonder if they had a search team there today. Or I guess perhaps just a random spotting by a passerby.



    ETA: I now see the article posted of how it was reported.
    You're right...likely....Seems like that should have been one of the first places they searched....like on Monday after she went missing or something.


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:


  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Unscripted View Post
    KATC FaceBook entry and picture regarding current Exit 127 Activity:

    https://www.facebook.com/katctv3/posts/427278880626635
    Per the comments (take with a grain of salt/rumor), the police are questioning fishermen and boaters as to whether they saw anything floating or suspicious in the river.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.


  12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:


  13. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    761
    The quickest way to stay abreast of the unfolding events is probably via Twitter:

    https://twitter.com/#!/katctv3


  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Unscripted For This Useful Post:


  15. #53
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    442
    There are cameras in-lane right at the truck stop weight station near Henderson.

    If working, they see (record?) every vehicle approaching the bridge.



    Quote Originally Posted by Secrett View Post
    I wonder if there are any traffic cameras on that bridge.


  16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:


  17. #54
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    I just joined. Am a local. Whiskey Bay is, of course, where two of Derrick Todd Lee's victims were found. There is nothing there but a boat ramp. No gas stations, no buildings, no nothing. It's a jumping off point to take a boat deep into the Atchafalaya Basin, and also the only exit nearby that can be completely deserted at night, due to the lack of any businesses. I have worried about Whiskey Bay because it's so obvious that it's almost not obvious, if that makes any sense. Let's hope this bike rumor is a false alarm, because there are "better" places for the bike to be found, as far as a good outcome.

    To help eliminate this sort of outcome, I took my boat on the Vermilion for 7 hours last Tuesday. I put in at the Hwy. 92 bridge at Milton (a few miles downstream of Lafayette). I headed upstream and check every side cut and coulee mouth I found, and went as far up every coulee as I could get until I grounded. Went up past the airport until the Vermilion split into two bayous. Went up those bayous for about half a mile each until they became impassable. Then I came back down through the entire city, past Milton, and went down to Abbeville and back. No sign, no circling birds, no odor.

    I was glad to hear that they put boats on the river yesterday, because almost no one uses the Vermilion at all. It's the most unused river going through a largish city I have ever seen. In those 7 hours, covering maybe 30 miles, I saw exactly one boat. The folks hanging out at the Milton Landing said that right before I pulled up again heading south from the city, they had seen a Vermilion Parish Sheriff's boat heading south toward Abbeville, with three officers. During my ride, as I passed some black fishermen on the banks near Hwy. 90, volunteers were going from person to person passing out flyers. I was impressed at the blanket coverage.

    The main reason I signed up is that I wanted to help ID the car in the photos. I'm an old car buff and have studied the photo for awhile. In my opinion, that car is either a 1979-'86 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, or an '87-'89 Cadillac Brougham.

    There are two points that inform my conclusion:

    1. The back windshield is pretty small, due to the overlap of the vinyl top. From the research I did, the back windshield was bigger from '78 on back.

    2. In '90, Cadillac extended the vinyl top to encircle the back half of the rear passenger windows. Looking at the photo, you can see the vinyl top reflecting white. Had it been a '90 to '92 Brougham, you would have seen the white reflection on the right-rear passenger window extending forward.

    So, that's my opinion. That car should be easy to find, because there looks to be body damage to the right quarter, possibly involving the right taillight.



  18. #55
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof6 View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...89875161_n.jpg

    Picture of site of where the suspected bike was found.
    Notice all of the white vehicles, including pick ups. Shows what a needle in a haystack the white truck is


  19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:


  20. #56
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Locked Room
    Posts
    2,757
    IF someone dumped Mickey in or around where they dumped her bike (and I am still holding out that's she alive, but just "IF") then maybe the fact that it's a holiday weekend and so many people are out fishing (fishing and boating are HUGE in South Louisiana) is a good thing for this case. In addition to any searchers that will be sent out there, I feel like it's positive timing with the holiday weekend for fisherman or boaters to find something else. More eyes help, even if they aren't necessarily searching. They can happen upon stuff. Find it quickly where a ton of forensic evidence can still retrieved. (And I hope it is Mickey's purse or something...not Mickey)


  21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:


  22. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,043
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    I just joined. Am a local. Whiskey Bay is, of course, where two of Derrick Todd Lee's victims were found. There is nothing there but a boat ramp. No gas stations, no buildings, no nothing. It's a jumping off point to take a boat deep into the Atchafalaya Basin, and also the only exit nearby that can be completely deserted at night, due to the lack of any businesses. I have worried about Whiskey Bay because it's so obvious that it's almost not obvious, if that makes any sense. Let's hope this bike rumor is a false alarm, because there are "better" places for the bike to be found, as far as a good outcome.

    To help eliminate this sort of outcome, I took my boat on the Vermilion for 7 hours last Tuesday. I put in at the Hwy. 92 bridge at Milton (a few miles downstream of Lafayette). I headed upstream and check every side cut and coulee mouth I found, and went as far up every coulee as I could get until I grounded. Went up past the airport until the Vermilion split into two bayous. Went up those bayous for about half a mile each until they became impassable. Then I came back down through the entire city, past Milton, and went down to Abbeville and back. No sign, no circling birds, no odor.

    I was glad to hear that they put boats on the river yesterday, because almost no one uses the Vermilion at all. It's the most unused river going through a largish city I have ever seen. In those 7 hours, covering maybe 30 miles, I saw exactly one boat. The folks hanging out at the Milton Landing said that right before I pulled up again heading south from the city, they had seen a Vermilion Parish Sheriff's boat heading south toward Abbeville, with three officers. During my ride, as I passed some black fishermen on the banks near Hwy. 90, volunteers were going from person to person passing out flyers. I was impressed at the blanket coverage.

    The main reason I signed up is that I wanted to help ID the car in the photos. I'm an old car buff and have studied the photo for awhile. In my opinion, that car is either a 1979-'86 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, or an '87-'89 Cadillac Brougham.

    There are two points that inform my conclusion:

    1. The back windshield is pretty small, due to the overlap of the vinyl top. From the research I did, the back windshield was bigger from '78 on back.

    2. In '90, Cadillac extended the vinyl top to encircle the back half of the rear passenger windows. Looking at the photo, you can see the vinyl top reflecting white. Had it been a '90 to '92 Brougham, you would have seen the white reflection on the right-rear passenger window extending forward.

    So, that's my opinion. That car should be easy to find, because there looks to be body damage to the right quarter, possibly involving the right taillight.
    Thank you for your efforts and your information. Bless you.

    ETA: Welcome to Websleuths. (sorry about my bad manners initially)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.


  23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:


  24. #58
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    442
    Good post, chicken_fried, and thank you for joining and giving your input. Thank you also for your initiative on the waterways.

    I agree with you re the Whiskey Bay area.


  25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:


  26. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    26,154
    Welcome to WS, chicken fried!


  27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  28. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    26,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Unscripted View Post
    The quickest way to stay abreast of the unfolding events is probably via Twitter:

    https://twitter.com/#!/katctv3
    Just added this link to the initial thread post so if anyone suddenly remembers they want to check Twitter, it's there as well.


  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012
    By CatFancier in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
  2. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1009
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 04:44 PM
  3. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 613
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  4. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 537
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 11:42 PM
  5. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 546
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 03:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •