1411 users online (265 members and 1146 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - 6 Dead, 37 Wounded In Holiday Weekend Shootings

Chicago, of course. What in the world is happening there?!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05/...ampaign=309905

May 28, 2012

CHICAGO (STMW) Six people are dead and at least 37 others were wounded in weekend shootings across the city since Friday, including a 7-year-old girl shot while playing in front of her South Side home.

And a long hot summer still lies ahead.

u
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Chicago, of course. What in the world is happening there?!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05/...ampaign=309905

May 28, 2012

CHICAGO (STMW) Six people are dead and at least 37 others were wounded in weekend shootings across the city since Friday, including a 7-year-old girl shot while playing in front of her South Side home.
    I'm here in Chicago, not to far from where the little girl was killed. It's a shame and scary. I have a 12 yr old son that I don't even want to go outside to play. The main problem are gangs. I believe these gangbangers need to be charged as terrorists and sent to Gitmo. These scumbags can't aim. Instead of killing each other (which would be fine with me) they shoot innocent children. Last summer a pregnant teenager was shot not to far from me. I wish I knew what to do. Besides packing my boy up and getting out of "Dodge" literally.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriM View Post
    u

I'm here in Chicago, not to far from where the little girl was killed. It's a shame and scary. I have a 12 yr old son that I don't even want to go outside to play. The main problem are gangs. I believe these gangbangers need to be charged as terrorists and sent to Gitmo. These scumbags can't aim. Instead of killing each other (which would be fine with me) they shoot innocent children. Last summer a pregnant teenager was shot not to far from me. I wish I knew what to do. Besides packing my boy up and getting out of "Dodge" literally.
    Who here misses the world we grew up in where neighbors were friends and lent a helping hand...where everyone in town knew and watched out for each other. I don't honestly even recognize the U. S. anymore. It's so removed from what I knew when I grew up. I am so worried about what my grandchildren will be faced with if something doesn't change soon.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Now nine are dead, it seems. Absolutely shocking.

s

Quote Originally Posted by scapa View Post
    Now nine are dead, it seems. Absolutely shocking.

s
    Why so shocking? Seems typical for IL. Specifically Chicago.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post

JMO
    Sadly, it is typical. When the weather is warm, murders go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kat View Post
    Sadly, it is typical. When the weather is warm, murders go up.
    Record high of 97 yesterday.

Right now, at 11:15 PM, it's 81 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Record high of 97 yesterday.

Right now, at 11:15 PM, it's 81 degrees.
    Yep, it was a hot one this weekend for sure!! The hotter it is, the more people out and about, including all the gang bangers.

On a side note though, it was awesome pool weather!! I have been waiting for this week since labor day of last year. We aren't as lucky to have the Cali weather like you!

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post

JMO
    Shocking to me, as a non-Chicagoan. The span and intensity of the violence and the random quality of several of the shootings described. And the generally resigned response of inhabitants -- I understand that it oughtn't to shock those who are used to it, but that in itself I find unsettling. Understandable, but unsettling.

s