IL - 6 Dead, 37 Wounded In Holiday Weekend Shootings

And a long hot summer still lies ahead.

:banghead:u
Chicago, of course. What in the world is happening there?!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05...PH&utm_source=topvph_news&utm_campaign=309905

May 28, 2012

CHICAGO (STMW) – Six people are dead and at least 37 others were wounded in weekend shootings across the city since Friday, including a 7-year-old girl shot while playing in front of her South Side home.

I'm here in Chicago, not to far from where the little girl was killed. It's a shame and scary. I have a 12 yr old son that I don't even want to go outside to play. The main problem are gangs. I believe these gangbangers need to be charged as terrorists and sent to Gitmo. These scumbags can't aim. Instead of killing each other (which would be fine with me) they shoot innocent children. Last summer a pregnant teenager was shot not to far from me. I wish I knew what to do. Besides packing my boy up and getting out of "Dodge" literally.:banghead:

:banghead:u

I'm here in Chicago, not to far from where the little girl was killed. It's a shame and scary. I have a 12 yr old son that I don't even want to go outside to play. The main problem are gangs. I believe these gangbangers need to be charged as terrorists and sent to Gitmo. These scumbags can't aim. Instead of killing each other (which would be fine with me) they shoot innocent children. Last summer a pregnant teenager was shot not to far from me. I wish I knew what to do. Besides packing my boy up and getting out of "Dodge" literally.:banghead:

Who here misses the world we grew up in where neighbors were friends and lent a helping hand...where everyone in town knew and watched out for each other. I don't honestly even recognize the U. S. anymore. It's so removed from what I knew when I grew up. I am so worried about what my grandchildren will be faced with if something doesn't change soon.

Now nine are dead, it seems. Absolutely shocking.

s

Record high of 97 yesterday.

Right now, at 11:15 PM, it's 81 degrees.

Yep, it was a hot one this weekend for sure!! The hotter it is, the more people out and about, including all the gang bangers.

On a side note though, it was awesome pool weather!! I have been waiting for this week since labor day of last year. We aren't as lucky to have the Cali weather like you! :)

Why so shocking? Seems typical for IL. Specifically Chicago.

JMO

Shocking to me, as a non-Chicagoan. The span and intensity of the violence and the random quality of several of the shootings described. And the generally resigned response of inhabitants -- I understand that it oughtn't to shock those who are used to it, but that in itself I find unsettling. Understandable, but unsettling.

s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back