Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    I have no access to Facebook.

Can you send them the flyer?

HERE IT IS:

OLD CAR

Appreciate it!
    You mentioned getting permission to distribute the flyer, so should I wait to post on FB then?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Been bottle feeding preemie kittens and following along....

There has to be more video/pics LE is not sharing. How far apart are these cameras? I wish they would definitely say if that's the LAST pic of her or not.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PinkiGreen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiGreen View Post

There has to be more video/pics LE is not sharing. How far apart are these cameras? I wish they would definitely say if that's the LAST pic of her or not.
    I totally agree. I just wish I knew why.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to queenofcorona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slowlybutshelly View Post
    BW said her route should have been :
    1. rt parkside
    2. lft congress
    3. left st mary
    4. to johnson or st landry - to get on bikepath to cajundome bvd.

But she obviously did not do that. I suffice it to say that instead of taking a completely opposite and different route (st john to st landry t oazalea to congress) that she merged what BW thought she did but switched the first half of her ride until she got to st landry. From St landry, I hate to say it but I think she was going to coliseum blvd and cajundome in those desolate fields.
    No, BW never said that she would take Parkside to Congress, he had specifically said at one point that she didn't do that. One of the first maps that the news broadcasted last week said that she would typically take a left from Ryan St. to Parkside, then turn Right onto St. John (which turns into St. Landry), and onto Coliseum to the bike path. Then she'd go to Congress, turn left and continue straight until she got to the neighborhood between Guilbeau and Amabassador Caffery, she would cut through there and go straight through the light on Bonaire.

If she turned on to Congress from Parkside, there would be no need to go down St. Mary or Cajundome Blvd, she'd already be on the street that would get her home.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I totally agree. College kids do not have to go to the seedy parts of town in the middle of the night to score weed. They can buy it from their friends or co-workers or barristas. And I really doubt that she was worried about buying pot at 2 am when she had a bunch of family functions the next morning. She was on her way to he parents home to sleep.
    i have to respectfully disagree, as i have once been a college student, not too terribly long ago. as were many of my friends. although terribly terribly foolish, i know quite a few young college girls that went to dangerous parts of town in pursuit of recreational drugs.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oddball62983 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    Also, as for the marijuana angle - generally, these exchanges will either occur at the dealer's home or at a gas station or car wash.
    Or ANYWHERE else. You'd be surprised.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkiGreen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiGreen View Post

Bottle feeding preemie kittens?? You're my new best friend

I agree that LE must be keeping a few things to themselves. It's frustrating because I feel like I've worn out all my speculations, but I'm trying to have faith in them.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bonbonbelle For This Useful Post:

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong -- BUT it could easily take 10-15 minutes to get gas at that store, especially if you're paying by cash, because you have to go in and pay first.
    True, but for all three vehicles to be there, that leads me to believe it was a short period of time. I have a hard time believing that all three would spend more than five minutes at the gas station.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lindsayw View Post
    You mentioned getting permission to distribute the flyer, so should I wait to post on FB then?
    I don't know. I just sent the detective the info 10 minutes ago.

After speaking with them twice, if they didn't want the info spread, they should have called me back, seems to me - though they have a lot of tips to go through.

The thing is - this is a local car - by getting it out there, SOMEONE knows who he is!

By not getting it out there, more time goes by with a bad description of the car.

Seems to be if they didn't want the car ID-ed, they shouldn't have released ANY description.

What do y'all think? Don't they want the car ID-ed - shown by them describing it?

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bonbonbelle View Post
    For what it's worth, I've been to Artmosphere a couple times, and if you're looking to get weed, it would be a lot easier and safer to get it from someone there. I would venture to say that most of the people who go there either have some or know someone there who does. I don't think Mickey was meeting somebody to "broker a deal" that night (excuse the parlance, I have no idea what people who are looking to get drugs call it lol).
    That's what she may have done - arranged with someone there to drop some off to her later (which may have happened on her way home). Text message my have been 'look for me around St. Landry Street'. They don't walk around with it on them to sell I don't think.

If that happened, the person may have come forward out of consciousness (even though it just blew his cover as a dealer - maybe just small time). But for that reason, maybe he wouldn't come forward. Depends on how into it he is and if he's bringing in big bucks or just helps out his friends.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se.../#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/52/

This should be (if I linked it right, lol) the route Mickey would have been taking home, to clear up any confusion.

Ok, so I can't make the link work...but the pic is #53 on the site.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    True, but for all three vehicles to be there, that leads me to believe it was a short period of time. I have a hard time believing that all three would spend more than five minutes at the gas station.
    Especially at that time of night.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    This bears repeating.
    I totally agree with you.... I highly doubt your perp was hanging out at Whiskey Bay after the dump occurred of the bike. I mean you never know, but very doubtful.

When it comes to the missing flyer I think it was either placed by media for dramatic effect or placed by a volunteer.

I am perplexed as to why they would dispatch a civilian search team to such a hazardous area in total darkness, this to me was fool hardy. I know if I am out in the darkness here where I live I could not find my butt with both hands, none the less be sure if I saw a bike, missing poster, or anything else. Searches in total darkness don't bear fruit, so that is very scary that they put you in harms way. or do you all choose to go to Whiskey bay that night on your own? I am very curious? TIA....IMHO....and all that stuff...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Portabella For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    No, BW never said that she would take Parkside to Congress, he had specifically said at one point that she didn't do that. One of the first maps that the news broadcasted last week said that she would typically take a left from Ryan St. to Parkside, then turn Right onto St. John (which turns into St. Landry), and onto Coliseum to the bike path. Then she'd go to Congress, turn left and continue straight until she got to the neighborhood between Guilbeau and Amabassador Caffery, she would cut through there and go straight through the light on Bonaire.

If she turned on to Congress from Parkside, there would be no need to go down St. Mary or Cajundome Blvd, she'd already be on the street that would get her home.
    I'm glad you're clarifying because as I'm looking at the map, it just didn't make sense for her to get off congress at all.

I lived in Lafayette all my life up until we moved to Texas three years ago and as well as I know that area, this is all overwhelming and confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    I don't know. I just sent the detective the info 10 minutes ago.

After speaking with them twice, if they didn't want the info spread, they should have called me back, seems to me - though they have a lot of tips to go through.

The thing is - this is a local car - by getting it out there, SOMEONE knows who he is!

By not getting it out there, more time goes by with a bad description of the car.

Seems to be if they didn't want the car ID-ed, they shouldn't have released ANY description.

What do y'all think? Don't they want the car ID-ed - shown by them describing it?
    I've been here a longggg time, not my first rodeo, and one thing that we see over and over again, LE will not give call backs on anything unless you have the info they need. Now, if you actually knew who owned that vehicle, they would immediately get back to you. It's a shame, and can make you very angry, but that's how they treat these cases. Not saying it's wrong, but they want specific info.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bonbonbelle View Post
    For what it's worth, I've been to Artmosphere a couple times, and if you're looking to get weed, it would be a lot easier and safer to get it from someone there. I would venture to say that most of the people who go there either have some or know someone there who does. I don't think Mickey was meeting somebody to "broker a deal" that night (excuse the parlance, I have no idea what people who are looking to get drugs call it lol).
    Its funny that you say this because I always thought artmosphere was a "hooka lounge" sort of place. Like since years back

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fairest of them all For This Useful Post:

Dang it, I somehow gave you the link to an older version of the OLD CAR poster.... that didn't show the body damage as well.

THIS IS THE CORRECT ONE!

SORRY!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    That's what she may have done - arranged with someone there to drop some off to her later (which may have happened on her way home). Text message my have been 'look for me around St. Landry Street'. They don't walk around with it on them to sell I don't think.

If that happened, the person may have come forward out of consciousness (even though it just blew his cover as a dealer - maybe just small time). But for that reason, maybe he wouldn't come forward. Depends on how into it he is and if he's bringing in big bucks or just helps out his friends.
    That's perfectly rational, but...I don't know, I have a hard time believing she would do that. Leave on her own and bike further into a bad part of town to get pot at 2 AM, I mean. Didn't she say she was too tired to wait for the others to go to Mel's Diner? Marijuana isn't that big of a deal (yes I know it's illegal); I don't think she would have kept it from everyone she knew.

I kind of think that if she did deviate from her usual route, it may have been to meet a guy. I have a hard time believing that a young, beautiful college girl had "no boyfriends." Maybe she wanted to keep him secret for some reason.

JMO of course!

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bonbonbelle For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Slowbutshelly, did the search organizers send you out to the basin that late at night (midnight?) or did you and a group just decide to do so? TIA

When LE is quiet...sometimes it means they are onto the case and have a good handle on it.

Of course, that is not always true, AKA Holly Bobo...
    Just my opinion, of course.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    These threads are flying....I'm having a tough time keeping up while trying to do my normal daily activities.

It took me two and a half hours last night to catch up in my kitchen and be sure the laundry was up to par - so everyone had their faves available to put on this morning, etc.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    Having staked out that area most of this weekend, at that time of night the average vehicle was there for around 7-8 minutes

42. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

from thread #8----

Quote:
    Originally Posted by manlet View Post
    Why does everyone always assumes a man did it? Why not a woman? or a man with a woman? A man could use another woman as bait to attract another woman over. It's been done before. I see it all the time going down at nightclubs.

Mickey most likely would of trusted a woman or a couple (man & woman) to drive her home or to the hospital more so than a single man if she was offered a ride or her bike was accidentally hit.

Hollyblue's reply---------
    You make a very good point. I've thought about the xgf of BW. Not accusing her at all, but all bases should be covered. Didn't BW say she was a friend of MS before...and that's how he met her? Then in the "inaudible" long interview, didn't BW say that her and Mickey were estranged now? I just can't get past the thought that someone did not want her moving to NO...or with BW. They were going to proceed with the move the 1st of June right? Were classes already over for the summer when she went missing?
    The above really caught my attention.

Indeed, all bases should be covered.

If BW were suspecting that his xgf played a part in Mickey's abduction, then his suspicion could account for BW's odd behavior while being interviewed, as well as his statement (paraphrase) "YOU know what you have done....."

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dum-Dum Sucker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    I've been here a longggg time, not my first rodeo, and one thing that we see over and over again, LE will not give call backs on anything unless you have the info they need. Now, if you actually knew who owned that vehicle, they would immediately get back to you. It's a shame, and can make you very angry, but that's how they treat these cases. Not saying it's wrong, but they want specific info.
    Well, he probably hasn't got the e-mail yet.

But the e-mail's pretty specific.

I'm a witness claiming to have seen a specific car of a specific color in town, possibly with the same body damage.

Hope it helps!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se.../#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/52/

This should be (if I linked it right, lol) the route Mickey would have been taking home, to clear up any confusion.

Ok, so I can't make the link work...but the pic is #53 on the site.
    Let's see if this attachment works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to megsy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast