801 users online (71 members and 730 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Candace Holmes, 27, East Germantown, 25 May 2012

A passerby on a Germantown street found a woman wrapped in sheets in a wooded area. Police said the unidentified woman was dressed, but was missing her shoes. The cause of death was not determined yet.

The woman who is probably in her late 20's remains a Jane Doe. Police estimate she could have been left at the scene for about 24 hours.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...155198155.html

Poor woman just dumped. Just left. I always think of the women in Egg Harbor when I hear missing shoes.

RIP Miss.

RIP, girl. We will watch for justice for you.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Do they have anyone reported missing from the area?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Do they have anyone reported missing from the area?

mysteriew, I am not familiar with that part of the city. Haven't seen anything on the news about anyone missing. I'll go check.

Thank you.

On May 6th a man and a woman although not from that part of the city. All they give is their names and no age, race, nada. I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately they found the two deceased. So it's not her.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    mysteriew, I am not familiar with that part of the city. Haven't seen anything on the news about anyone missing. I'll go check.

Thank you.

On May 6th a man and a woman although not from that part of the city. All they give is their names and no age, race, nada. I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately they found the two deceased. So it's not her.
    5100 block of Rufe Street. Looked it up on Google Maps and got the "Street view". Woods on one side, railroad tracks on the other. Not much of a street, just a few homes here and there. It looks like a perfect place to dump a body.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    5100 block of Rufe Street. Looked it up on Google Maps and got the "Street view". Woods on one side, railroad tracks on the other. Not much of a street, just a few homes here and there. It looks like a perfect place to dump a body.
    Thank you, Joe. I don't know that neighborhood at all.

Nothing in the paper today or on the news. I'll keep watching.

nvestigators say an unidentified black female in her late teens to early 20’s was found wrapped in sheets along a curb near a wooded area on the 5100 block of Rufe Street around 6:50 p.m. She was pronounced dead at 7:48 p.m.

Read the comments under the articular..Mother of 4 so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracelin View Post
    nvestigators say an unidentified black female in her late teens to early 20’s was found wrapped in sheets along a curb near a wooded area on the 5100 block of Rufe Street around 6:50 p.m. She was pronounced dead at 7:48 p.m.

Read the comments under the articular..Mother of 4 so sad.
    Thank you Gracelin. I didn't know they had ID'd Candy. However I couldn't see the comments, but I can imagine.

Candy Holmes always singing, and excited about newfound sobriety was about to enter rehab on Tuesday. Someone's daughter, sister, and mother herself.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/l...d-ones-murder/

Candy's mother who would not identify herself by name out of fear said FB chatter focused on her addictions and record as opposed to her death.

Well that just s*c*s. Of course it is relevant and has to be taken into account, but let the poor woman rest for Lord's sake.

When I read and saw there was no marks or wounds on Candy I had wondered if possibly she could have OD'd. Sadly it happens all the time. You're with another human being and OD and they just dump you. Or someone was angry she was determined to start a new life.

Candy, we care. We are sorry you were left wrapped in sheets. I am sorry you didn't have your new flip-flops on. RIP up there girl as you know how ugly it can get down here.

So sad for Candy, her family, and especially her poor mother, who has now lost two children to murder.

You deserve flowers and candles and tributes and memorials too, Candy. I hope you are singing forever now.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero