1346 users online (227 members and 1119 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98
Results 1,456 to 1,465 of 1465
    Quote Originally Posted by MBK View Post
    This is an interesting post, and I would very much appreciate it if you could elaborate on what you mean by "frequest use of make up that seems sometimes out of place." Do you think it's out of place, meaning inappropriate? How so, is it too much, way too adult or teenager-ish, etc. I haven't looked at a lot of photographs. But I do remember those disturbing photographs of Madeleine McCann wearing make up. And various scenarios suggested by those photographs in the makeup . . which were horrifying.

Missing tooth as in knocked out? Hmmmmm. . .
    No, I did not mean to imply anything of the sort. Isa is 6. Children start losing their baby teeh at this time (some a little bit sooner)and permanent ones begin erupting. They do not come to full growth overnight or a few short weeks! As far back as I can see the upper left tooth appears different, even of different color when you enhance the photo. IDK....guess I need some sleep. No comment on the make up at this time. Still reviewing photos.
    MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    Yep, the top left tooth is whiter. Would be nice to see a pic we know is recent showing her missing teeth. Wonder if they had a group baseball pic taken recently. Maybe online somewhere?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Jules71, I thought it was my monitor so I changed out two others!
    There is another photo of her almost a side view looking to the right, showing this front tooth and the two directly beside it. They appear to have a space between them or are crooked. I am making myself nuts trying to find it again. The point is, it appears to me that this little girl has had some teeth caping or a flipper in place to hide a less than perfect smile (by pageant standards).

Anyone want to offer up a logical reason one would cap or provide a tooth appliance for a 6 year old girl for cosmetic reasons? I can think of two. Pageants...maybe? I am still looking for that photo!! Thanks Jules71 and in case you missed it I apologized for misspelling your name a few posts up. Gotta go for now. My eyes are getting crossed

IF Isa is a pageant girl - why would these parents hide that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stash777 View Post
    BBM
    If you look closely at the picture between the front right tooth (your right) and the one next to it, there seems to be another tooth behind them with a bit of a gap...maybe that's the gap you see from the side??

MOO
    Looks like a perfectly normal mouth of a little girl in the process of having baby teeth getting a bit worse for wear before they fall out. The photo of her with the face paint (tiger?) shows her with the left upper lateral missing. I see absolutely nothing that looks like anything other than normal processes going on in the mouth of a six year old. Nothing mysterious in any way. MOO, JMO, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BaxterDE42 View Post
    Thanks Jules71, I thought it was my monitor so I changed out two others!
    There is another photo of her almost a side view looking to the right, showing this front tooth and the two directly beside it. They appear to have a space between them or are crooked. I am making myself nuts trying to find it again. The point is, it appears to me that this little girl has had some teeth caping or a flipper in place to hide a less than perfect smile (by pageant standards).

Anyone want to offer up a logical reason one would cap or provide a tooth appliance for a 6 year old girl for cosmetic reasons? I can think of two. Pageants...maybe? I am still looking for that photo!! Thanks Jules71 and in case you missed it I apologized for misspelling your name a few posts up. Gotta go for now. My eyes are getting crossed

IF Isa is a pageant girl - why would these parents hide that?
    Remember the reaction to JonBenet's pageant footage?

But I think it would be extremely difficult to hide that.

I have pix of my DD at age 5 and 6 and 7, wearing dance recital outfits and lipstick and eyeliner. There is nothing sexual about it. It is a childhood rite of passage for many little girls who love to dance and/or sing.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Respectfully bolded by me. What photos? There is one (1), that I am aware of, which the parents themselves released. If it was more than a case of a kid raiding the makeup box, why on earth would they have released that photo to the media.

In any event, I have seen no photo of Isabel that I consider "disturbing" or inappropriate. Yeah, I don't like make-up on kids. Hate child beauty pageants, can't stand the thick make-up they put on kids for dance.

But, there are occasions where some people in some cultures, like in the south, for example, at beauty pageants, put make-up on their kids.

I have a series of pictures of myself that my mom had done when I was about six. I wore eyeliner and lipstick. I was also dressed in a Spanish, regional, folkloric dance dress (Sevillanas) and had my hair done flamenco style as well. Once a year, kids in the south of Spain get dressed up for La Feria and little girls wear some make-up:

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.ne...rtadilla_0.jpg

Isabel did not look like she was posing suggestively or wearing inappropriate clothes in her "make-up" photos. Not a big deal to me. Seemed like it was part of a performance.

In fact, my law partner's 8 year old just got all dolled up in a similar fashion for her dance performance at school.
    Bravo! I too lived in Andalusia for a few years! Cute! (I also used to use the screen name of "Gitana" as well! Those are lovely photos!
    Last edited by Azcrabcakes; 06-08-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Richman View Post
    I took it to mean that she would be more self-centered. People frequently are, when they are ill or in trauma.
    Yes, this is what I meant. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by callyn View Post
    Looks like a perfectly normal mouth of a little girl in the process of having baby teeth getting a bit worse for wear before they fall out. The photo of her with the face paint (tiger?) shows her with the left upper lateral missing. I see absolutely nothing that looks like anything other than normal processes going on in the mouth of a six year old. Nothing mysterious in any way. MOO, JMO, IMO
    I completely agree. My post wasn't meant to indicate anything amiss; quite the opposite. It was in response to the poster I quoted to clarify a gap in teeth the OP was questioning.

This thread will be closing in just a few minutes.

Salem

Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-23-2015 at 07:58 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98