Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Quote Originally Posted by paris_paris View Post
    I forget where the the next camera was that Mickey should have been seen on. If it was further down Landry, she could have been hit anywhere along there. It doesn't mean she turned down Brashear. Or is the camera right after Brashear? If the truck turned down Brashear then that helps break down the neighbourhood it was headed to.
    I think it's 224 St. Landry

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo64 View Post
    Yes thats it. I noticed the one that is being looked for appears to have black mirrors and door handles like the one you have posted. That is an LT model Silverado and not an LTZ which has chrome mirrors, door handles and more interior goodies. That would narrow it down a little registration wise I would think. I know it does insurance wise. Does La have mandatory insurance? Might not be a point, because if it's financed the driver would have to have insurance on it. If you see one on the street though the only way to tell is by the chrome accessories or LT/LTZ will be on the lower right of the tailgate.
    Yes, mandatory insurance...but I'm not sure it will narrow down the search *that* much. Most of the ones I've seen have had black and not chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
    It's houses. A nice little residential area. There are traffic barriers about halfway down Brashear, but a bike can easily go right through or around them and come out onto Johnston st where it seems she was headed because it has a bike lane.
    If someone was following me, it would be logical to go down Brashear, beacause of the traffic barriers. She could have easily biked through them and a truck couldn't.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billiam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EBR View Post
    What is this Svengali-like hold that white trucks have over the men of Lafayette that makes them think of purchasing nothing else but these white trucks? They aren't attractive in any way. The vast majority have never carried more than a potted plant in the bed, gone more off road than a gravel parking lot, or ever hauled anything.
    We have a Silverado crew cab but it's red, not white. And, the reason we have it is b/c it was a gift! And you hit the nail on the head about the other things--exept not EVEN a potted plant. I'm no gardener.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?
    On google maps, I see what appear to be houses on either side of Brashear at St. Landry. I can't believe no one would have seen/heard something if that's where it happened. I still think she tried to escape through the parking lot on the right and cut over to Azalea. That's what I would have done if I thought someone was following me there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eskimo For This Useful Post:

Just out of curiosity...does anyone know her intoxication level, if any, that night? Not that it matters much because she isn't with her family. I was just curious about ability to bike.

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?
    But wouldn't that kind of an accident leave a lot of tiny evidence spread out? The plastic light covers from the bike would have shattered all over the pavement, for example. And it would have been pretty loud too. It is hard to imagine that a deadly accident would not have left forensic evidence that wouldn't have been found already. imo

I don't think a drunk or panicked driver would be able to scoop up every single shard or piece of evidence before driving off.

eta: But I do think an experienced predator could do a quiet, clean bump and run.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

But it was late. if people are in bed with A/C running and house sealed up tight, very possible for a collision and no one heard a thing.

Whoever talked about bloodhounds is 100% correct.

They need to block those streets - Brashear - St.Landry, maybe others? RIGHT AWAY, before the next rain (has only rained once since then) and sniff out if there was a point she hit the ground.

They better hurry; rain chances tomorrow. I hear thunder outside right now.
    Lots of elderly and college kid. The former may not hear well and the latter may not notice or care much when it comes to street noises.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    But if someone is following you, isn't it scarier to turn into a deserted parking lot ? They can follow you into the lot and you are trapped and away from other cars or people, imo.
    I don't buy into the whole "she knew she was being followed" assumption or idea. For one, I follow lots of people. All the time. And women (sorry, no offense intended) are just not observant at all of whats going on around or behind them. Again, no offense. Just statistics :P

Second, from camera A to camera B and the time it took her according to the police, she was traveling at an average speed.

Third, in the photo of her she doesn't appear to be hauling ass and riding for her life. She looks to be casually riding by.

Fourth, if she thought someone was following her she most likely would've just turned into the parking lot where there were lights and people around.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kissdegirl View Post
    Yours looks like the closest match so far! Are your sideview mirrors black? The Z71 in the camera looks like black sideview mirrors to me.
    Yes they are. That means it is an LT. The LTZ has the chrome mirrors/handles and other goodies.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dejavoodoo64 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DTT715 View Post
    Just out of curiosity...does anyone know her intoxication level, if any, that night? Not that it matters much because she isn't with her family. I was just curious about ability to bike.
    BW said she didn't drink that night.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JW1893 For This Useful Post:

I'll probably get slapped for this... but for the first time I'm doing some street-view work does any know off the top of their head the address of the camera that last saw Mickey? I thought there was one more after Circle K?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
    If someone was following me, it would be logical to go down Brashear, beacause of the traffic barriers. She could have easily biked through them and a truck couldn't.
    ^ this too

How old were these houses? Newer, sealed, double-pane window construction? Older? A mix?
    mostly older but well kept up

Quote Originally Posted by DTT715 View Post
    She was not drinking that night, but she MIGHT have smoked a little pot, according to some speculation. She did have a pot pipe in her backpack, apparently.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

23. The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

What is this Svengali-like hold that white trucks have over the men of Lafayette that makes them think of purchasing nothing else but these white trucks? They aren't attractive in any way. The vast majority have never carried more than a potted plant in the bed, gone more off road than a gravel parking lot, or ever hauled anything.
    It's not just there....you can't swing a stick in my neighborhood here in Dallas Ft. Worth without hitting one. White is the only vehicle color that doesn't bug me sooner or later...

Google will tell you that white is the highest selling pickup color so it's really not that astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
    Unless they were coming right up behind you and blocking you from making that left onto Brashear. Then your only choice would be the parking lot to the right (LUS I think?) and cut over to Azalea.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Eskimo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
    I don't buy into the whole "she knew she was being followed" assumption or idea. For one, I follow lots of people. All the time. And women (sorry, no offense intended) are just not observant at all of whats going on around or behind them. Again, no offense. Just statistics :P

Second, from camera A to camera B and the time it took her according to the police, she was traveling at an average speed.

Third, in the photo of her she doesn't appear to be hauling ass and riding for her life. She looks to be casually riding by.

Fourth, if she thought someone was following her she most likely would've just turned into the parking lot where there were lights and people around.
    I don't think she knew she was being followed either. I am just stumped as to why she'd change her normal route all of a sudden.

Just pulled up the Whiskey Bay camera, there is a white truck there now with a few people moving around it. But the camera feed immediately goes out with "feed temporarily unavailable" message. I have to keep reloading but I then I lose it again. But then again, there are probably 20+ white trucks there everyday.
    Last edited by terrybelle; 05-30-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Nevermind - truck left East camera - was on West camera for a frame, now gone.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terrybelle For This Useful Post:

Can anyone say whether the ONE truck is dwfinately without a doubt a z71?

They had the wrong type of car at first. Got the right one and it panned out. So IF they have the wrong make and model of the truck that dwfinately hurts progress here.

I keep saying the truck looks like a Dodge ram quad cab. IS ANYONE REALLY WILLING TO BETMONEY THAT IT IS NOT?

Just having checked out Brashear on Street-View, those houses are right up on the curb with old thin windows, I have a hard time believing anything went down on at least the upper half of Brashear near St. Landry without someone hearing something.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

LOL, I don't get it either. I guess the white is good in the heat. But is everyone hauling stuff around???

Just having checked out Brashear on Street-View, those houses are right up on the curb with old thin windows, I have a hard time believing anything went down on at least the upper half of Brashear near St. Landry without someone hearing something.
    Where was it that we heard reports of a scream?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charminglane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    But wouldn't that kind of an accident leave a lot of tiny evidence spread out? The plastic light covers from the bike would have shattered all over the pavement, for example. And it would have been pretty loud too. It is hard to imagine that a deadly accident would not have left forensic evidence that wouldn't have been found already. imo

I don't think a drunk or panicked driver would be able to scoop up every single shard or piece of evidence before driving off.

eta: But I do think an experienced predator could do a quiet, clean bump and run.
    A drunk driver could have clipped her just enough to spill the bike and fatally injure her in the headlong fall. There wouldn't necessarily be a lot of debris - but a dog SHOULD be able to alert on it if she hit the ground.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

ACI thank you so much ITA!!

BTW, I would spot a follower in no time. I am woman hear me roar lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cortne For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast