Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    The truck ran her down swinging wide right on a left turn.

Now.... are there houses on Brashear or is that business? I need to take a look at Google Earth
    It's houses. A nice little residential area. There are traffic barriers about halfway down Brashear, but a bike can easily go right through or around them and come out onto Johnston st where it seems she was headed because it has a bike lane.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    Nope haven't fallen down the rabbit hole yet, but I'm on my way. The only truck now in question is the Z 71 going the same way as Mickey.

Thank God you get that. I'm getting seasick from people insisting there were 3 trucks and LE only cleared 1.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

The truck ran her down swinging wide right on a left turn.

Now.... are there houses on Brashear or is that business? I need to take a look at Google Earth
    Looks like houses to me, there could be a business in one of them, but haven't gotten down there yet to look.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I've put in a request for a separate thread on the truck discussion.....exluding the Z71. Praying....
    THANK YOU Hollyblue!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to who knew? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowerchick View Post
    And if you owned the truck in question, you would also likely know if you were in that area at that time of night.
    Unless one was too intoxicated to remember!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?
    Totally residential.

Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post
    --------
    Okey, Dokey then. Let's relax and eat some lutefisk, or white hotdish. I deleted my post about the car that appears to following the VOI truck.
    Sorry - just getting cranky :-)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

I put in a request to the mods to create a mini-forum for Mickey's case. Fingers crossed.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastKAT View Post
    I also had the same thought of the truck being a Chevy Colorado z71 quad cab. My mother drives a red one and to my non-car expert eye, they look the same.
    After owning nothing but Chevrolets, it becomes easy to recognize them. I know someone who owned a red one too with the bed liner and all. It was a Colorado and it looked exactly like this one. The 2 other photos by Circle K is of a full size truck.

Quote Originally Posted by spurdie View Post
    starting? all these speculations and wild conjectures and quibbling over details is beyond frustrating. so difficult and tedious to follow, that it seems more for entertainment purposes than actual sleuthing.
    I agree - and with that I am going to get off here for a while!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to who knew? For This Useful Post:

Truck Schmuck! Find Mickey Now!

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?
    Who knows. I hit a curb there the other night while trying to drive and sleuth at the same time and a few people were peaking out of their houses when they heard it. But this is also after the fact, so people are probably more suspicious of what they hear now.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fairest of them all View Post
    OK I just want to say that I was absolutely certain the truck was a Dodge. I do not know how to do those side by side pics. I'm working with a phone here. All I can say is side by side the truck looks LIKE A DODGE RAM QUAD CAB.....IN MY OPINION!!!
    The front windows look different. The dodge ram has a bigger front window that sort of curves back with the frame of the truck roof... also the wheel cutouts are different....on the dodge ram they're more curved..whereas on the perp's truck they are more straight at the top and square?
    http://i.imgur.com/nfLXG.jpg

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manlet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
    I know about the bike path--I'm from here...but if she went down Brashear, she would have gotten to Johnston in an area that's very shaded and not as well lit as the bike path, plus it's a main road that would be full of drivers leaving area bars--honestly, there is enough traffic on Johnston at that time of morning where I am 100% sure that someone would have seen her if she had traveled all the way from Brashear to the bike path. If she takes Coliseum Rd, she can get onto the bike path without having to get on Johnston St. at all.
    Ah, sorry. That's what I get for clicking "reply" and not checking out who I'm replying to.

From University to Blackham Coliseum, though, is there a bike path available? I haven't ridden that area, but I'm trying to figure out if she'd have tried to get to it to be on a main road.
    "My courageous child faced down a monster. Now I think I can face monsters too. And so can you." ~Nancy Anne Rowe, mother of Mickey Shunick

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Truck Schmuck! Find Mickey Now!
    Did you just label the perp for the press? (j/k) Truck Schmuck has a tabloid ring to it.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast