Kathy Lee Gifford asks Martin Short how his dead wife is doing

She's such an ******* anyways.This comes as NO surprise.

OMGosh!!! I have NEVER liked this woman...and now I don't like her even more.

She's such an idiot that she can't do a little research on the person she's interviewing, beforehand?

Oh my, and she just kept on and on... He handled it very gracefully, imo. Bless him.

Kathy Lee gets one of these. :slap:

He handled it so gallantly.

This "faux pas" does not surprise me, coming from her.

And she probably pronounces faux pas as "fox paws"!:banghead:

Oh my, and she just kept on and on... He handled it very gracefully, imo. Bless him.

Kathy Lee gets one of these. :slap:

Yeah, I wish someone would smack her off t.v. for good! I've always thought she was an idiot. :twocents:

I've never liked her either.

Martin Short is a class act, he handled it so well. What I don't understand is why didn't she do her research for the interview. She's been in the business long enough to know that she needs to read up on someone she's interviewing. She could have even looked him up on Wikipedia to see if there was anything she needed to know.

P.S.-- I misspelled her name in the title. I tried to change it but it doesn't look like it worked. My apologies!!

Martin Short is a class act, he handled it so well. What I don't understand is why didn't she do her research for the interview. She's been in the business long enough to know that she needs to read up on someone she's interviewing. She could have even looked him up on Wikipedia to see if there was anything she needed to know.

P.S.-- I misspelled her name in the title. I tried to change it but it doesn't look like it worked. My apologies!!

If she can't do the research for National TV, then I think we can let you slide you misspelled her name. :p)

OMGosh!!! I have NEVER liked this woman...and now I don't like her even more.

She's such an idiot that she can't do a little research on the person she's interviewing, beforehand?

All of 'em :goodpost:

A misspelled word is a lot less than not knowing your guests wife died a year and a half ago. As you pointed out she could have at least looked at Wikipedia before the interview. Martin short was extremely classy about the whole thing.

KLG...UGH.

Her whole attitude was like they all just had lunch last week. Major FAIL.

ETA: Martin Short is one class act....but you could glimpse his sorrow when he was mentioning the thirty six years he and his wife had been together.
I heart him.

Martin Short will always be a Class Act in my book..Too bad he was interviewed by Kathy Lee...Who?? (EXACTLY)!!

I love Martin Short - and the way he handled KLG was uber classy. Good Lord, even I knew his wife had passed, and I'm no reporter. Looks like she failed to do her homework before blathering on about what a wonderful marriage he "has".

And her apology (for those who saw it) didn't sit well with me either.

MOO

Mel

gi81.gif
Awkward! Clearly, she is not doing her homework. Sad. Once again what she is about speaks volumes.
gi78.gif

It's no surprise that Regis' show's ratings went up after she left the show.

I went, with my Mom and Gma, to see Regis and Kathie Lee during a taping of the show. She was so plastic and lots of makeup but very tiny, I was surprised how small she was, like a size 0.

A funny moment on David Letterman was when she was singing and someone threw a bra on the stage. :D

KLG has always been full of herself and thinks she is smarter than everyone else. Sometimes I'd like to :slap: the b*t*h when she interrupts Hoda - who is a class act - or one of their guests because KLG thinks that whatever she has to say is so important. Wouldn't hurt Kathie Lee to show some humility. She makes me want to :puke:

SNL was always ripping on her by making her out to be a self-obsessed alcoholic booze hound (SNL and Today's studios are right on top of each other... they should know)... guess she couldn't take the time to put her wine glass down to do a little research.

Here's an article from September of 2000 about Kathie Lee leaving; http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20000909&slug=4041482 :floorlaugh:

Philbin's ratings shoot up after Kathie Lee Gifford leaves
By David Bauder
The Associated Press

Ratings for Regis Philbin's daily talk show have been soaring since his former co-host, Kathie Lee Gifford, left on July 28.

The first three weeks of "Live with Regis" this summer had 26 percent more viewers than the same three weeks of "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" last year, according to Nielsen Media Research....

Something about this woman always bothered me a great deal. She was irritating but also seemed narcissistic and very phony. And the constant blathering about her perfect kids - ick. The whole thing was annoying.

I have seen her a few times with Hoda and she seems tipsy a lot. Hasn't changed much. So sad for Mr. Short. It must have felt like a knife in the gut.

I hope he's doing well. I think it's harder for men to lose a spouse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back