Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    bbm: I am not labikegirl but I think she was stating her opinion. I am not aware of any pictures of the bike being in the main stream media.
    The exact description I saw here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/30...ed-police-say/

Mickey Shunick's black bicycle had a bent back rim and damaged back tire, officers told ABC News
    So, I guess significant vs. not is definitely opinion.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yorick For This Useful Post:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Hooray! A new thread I didn't do. This is like being on vacation!
    Vacation is over for you pal! Get to work! LOL

How are you this morning woofy?
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    I posted this on the last one. I saw time stamps on pics the other day. I am sure if we could find them, that would help. I tried to put it in order but had no time. It was when they were trying to find all the vehicles still.
    The only two pictures with timestamps are on univetsity. LE told us the pics of Mickey were at 1:47 and 1:48. You have to piece together the rest. Tons and tons of old posts and threads on the order

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Wow, Woof....with friends like these, who needs enemies?!

Morn'n Pal! Late night had by all....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post
    Vacation is over for you pal! Get to work! LOL

How are you this morning woofy?
    A bit groggy, but that's normal - the dog and I chose to stay up very late and watch the storms passing through. Always did like lightning, and there were some nice displays in the wee hours.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    I thought the first orignal pics did have time stamps... I remember because I was trying to put them in order but was just to busy in real time to concentrate. This was when they showed us the other truck to. I could be wrong.
    I remember reading over and over again that she was on Versailles at 1:47 am and on St Landry at 1:48 am. But never heard what time the pickup was on St Landry.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to audie For This Useful Post:

Morning, all! My "all nighter" crash landed around 11:45 I'm afraid. But I had to kill a spider armed only with a can of Lysol (me, not the spider) at 5:30 this morning, so my adrenaline is pumping!

I just got caught up on the thread from yesterday...a log? And a "wooden" log at that. Hrmmm. Seems like it took a lot of people an awfully long time to verify that it was a wooden log out there.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Wow, Woof....with friends like these, who needs enemies?!

Morn'n Pal! Late night had by all....
    Yes, things were certainly tense here for a time - at Whiskey Bay I mean! Wouldn't be referring to anything else, lol.

Any white trucks driven by this a.m.??

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slowlybutshelly View Post
    Ok. These pictures are close in time. I was trying to figure out which came first. In the pic with truck you see a small black body part to the right; that person is going into Circle K. That person is not seen in MS picture. I think MS rode after this truck of interest. Does anyone agree with me that this truck was not following me; could not be following Mickey. If that truck had been following MS, that person would have been seen clearly going back to his car or entering Circle K.

IS that a person? Could it be anything else?

That person was inside of Circle K when MS went by.
    That person was going into Circle K when the truck went by. Can a stalker be looking in the rear view mirror? Could he have stopped and MS ran into him by "accident"; and that is when it all happened?

freaks me out to think she was followed by someone looking in rear view mirror in front of her. Once he knew there were no security cameras he could have grabbed her. Can we tell who is in this truck. Ladies and gentleman, I think this man went up st landry too; and something transpired in those fields.

MS was not followed; she was stalked from someone IN FRONT OF HER.
    Are you talking about the person who seems to be leaning against the black car at the pump?
    HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
    EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, things were certainly tense here for a time - at Whiskey Bay I mean! Wouldn't be referring to anything else, lol.

Any white trucks driven by this a.m.??
    Absolutely.....the white trucks have already been rolling out on this new thread. I hate white trucks.

19. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

i had to skip a lot... it moves very quickly here...

just wanted to throw out an opinion as a parent re the private investigator and his kidnapped comment...

if it was my child and "the man" was clearly searching for a body... I would also hire a pi that was looking for my child alive... because until I was shown a body, whether or not there is a confession, i would maintain that my child was alive... even if there was only a 1% chance she was... i would cling to that 1% chance with all my might... selling my house, car, and shirt off my back if need be until she was found...

re- police searching st landry on foot... to me this suggests they either have a tip or the forensics on the bike show that the bike was hit from behind and the tire would clearly show that it made a skid mark and they went looking for it

i dont have a problem reading rumors IF they are stated only once, clearly tagged as a rumor, and the source is given, and no "privileged" information regarding "the man's" investigation is revealed...

i'd like to think that people are generally good, but have been aware of peoples web surfing habits since the web began... and these habits show that almost everybody leads 2 lives... the one you see, and the one you don't... unfortunately... if you knew more about the "private" side you don't see of just about everybody... it would make it near impossible to smile or trust ANYBODY...

im done looking at pics unless specifically asked to...

i have a question to anybody in the know...
    has any info or speculation uncovered on the web by everybody been of any help to this investigation thus far..?

peace

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wodalo For This Useful Post:

Brought forward from last thread:
    Originally Posted by Foxfire
    Imo, the awareness resulting from the Mickey Schunick case will prevent others from facing this same tragedy. There has been multiple abductions prevented in TN, by good samaritans, due to awareness provided by the Holly Bobo abduction 04/13/2011. Every US state has experienced these abductions due to a feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, especially when coupled with an unawareness of possible danger.
    Seems, in every abduction case I see the following comment:

“Things like this just don’t happen around here,” said Laura Ritchey of Scott who sounded as though she was in disbelief. “They just don’t.”

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Acadiana unites in search for missing Lafayette girl Mickey Schunick was last seen early Saturday morning...

http://www.crowleypostsignal.com/pag...es_left_column

'Example of how awareness increased after Holly Bobo abduction 04/13/2011' -'Walmart parking lot-broad daylight-07/2011

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15...l-mart-shopper (video)

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.- It was a scary situation at a Clarksville Wal-Mart Sunday. A man was spotted cruising the parking lot for 20 minutes before attempting to kidnap a random teenager.

But, his plan was thwarted by a suspicious shopper who stepped in after she thought she was witnessing a domestic situation.
    It was a random kidnapping happening right in front of her. "She had this terrified look on her face and she just screams a curdling scream, and I said, ‘Get over here right now. Get in my car!'" the shopper explained.

The teen got into the woman's car and the kidnapper, armed with a gun, sped away
    read more-

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bonbonbelle View Post
    Morning, all! My "all nighter" crash landed around 11:45 I'm afraid. But I had to kill a spider armed only with a can of Lysol (me, not the spider) at 5:30 this morning, so my adrenaline is pumping!

I just got caught up on the thread from yesterday...a log? And a "wooden" log at that. Hrmmm. Seems like it took a lot of people an awfully long time to verify that it was a wooden log out there.
    Oh my goodness, bonbon....must be something in the air. I got up in the wee hours to get a glass of water and lo and behold, there was a ginormous spider on the wall in my breakfast room. I attacked him with a paper plate, which has a much lower success rate than a can of Lysol. Alas, I did not find his remains...nor did I see him flee the scene. I need a spider detective!

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angree Cajon View Post
    I heard something on another blog site that a young man, who two yrs ago (he was 17 then) had an accident in Breaux Bridge, killing a 35 yr old man. (I don't have the site for the story but if you do a search you can find out about that accident) Anyway, if I understand correctly (this is 2nd hand info) the young man from BB drives a Z71 & it has some damage on it, which I understand it that he was brought in for questioning. Since he has a history of DUI & a minor @ the time of the original accident 2yrs ago, he must have had some kinda deal worked out where he was NOT in jail. Again, this is 2nd/3rd hand news.
    Pre-trial diversion...a program used to help first time offenders avoid a criminal record. I counted ten Z71s this morning, and I drove only a 2.5 mile trip to preschool and home. They are literally EVERYWHERE!

Ok. These pictures are close in time. I was trying to figure out which came first. In the pic with truck you see a small black body part to the right; that person is going into Circle K. That person is not seen in MS picture. I think MS rode after this truck of interest. Does anyone agree with me that this truck was not following me; could not be following Mickey. If that truck had been following MS, that person would have been seen clearly going back to his car or entering Circle K

IS that a person? Could it be anything else?

That person was inside of Circle K when MS went by.
    That person was going into Circle K when the truck went by. Can a stalker be looking in the rear view mirror? Could he have stopped and MS ran into him by "accident"; and that is when it all happened?

freaks me out to think she was followed by someone looking in rear view mirror in front of her. Once he knew there were no security cameras he could have grabbed her. Can we tell who is in this truck. Ladies and gentleman, I think this man went up st landry too; and something transpired in those fields.

MS was not followed; she was stalked from someone IN FRONT OF HER.
    I don't agree that Mickey had to have been stalked from the front. Her REAR tire sustained injury, and IF she was hit, that impact had to come from behind her.

Also, very few people would be aware of what private businesses have security cameras that face the road.....I think it is more likely a case of horribly bad luck that whatever happened was not caught on tape.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by audie View Post
    I remember reading over and over again that she was on Versailles at 1:47 am and on St Landry at 1:48 am. But never heard what time the pickup was on St Landry.
    LE told us those times, but not the time on the truck. Nor did they answer my question about that in the q&a chat thing yesterday. But seeing as the gas pumps are exactly the same in both pictures (single car with no visible driver) we can infer that the two pics are very close in time

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

which came first, second, third

I am staying up with insomnia going back over these threads thinking we must FOR MICKEYS SAKE dig deeper.

I have posted three photos as attachments because I cannot figure out how to put them all in the frame of this post.

Which of these came first second and third. I think it is important because this could have been perpetrated by someone going in front of her.

Did the truck police rules out go first or third? The two cars to the left in the gas station are sitting there in all three pics; I find it hard to believe police could rule out that that truck going toward university because the same cars are at the gas station as in the other two pics.

I am trying to determine what that 'spot is to the right' of these cars nearest the gas station; is it a person or is it STATIC (curb? - seems to high)(door - seems to short)(post - possible) (butt - likely)(leg- maybe).

The more I look at this the more I think it would very unlikely to get a person with a spec of clothing in the rt side of pic on two pictures. Just seems unlikely. probably something static.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slowlybutshelly; 05-31-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: misspelling.

I am staying up with insomnia going back over these threads thinking we must FOR MICKEYS SAKE dig deeper.

I have posted three photos as attachments because I cannot figure out how to put them all in the frame of this post.

Which of these came first second and third. I think it is important because this could have been perpetrated by someone going in front of her.

Did the truck police rules out go first or third? The two cars to the left in the gas station are sitting there in all three pics; I find it hard to believe police could rule out that that truck going toward university because the same cars are at the gas station as in the other two pics.
    First pic you have is no longer relevant.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
    LE told us those times, but not the time on the truck. Nor did they answer my question about that in the q&a chat thing yesterday. But seeing as the gas pumps are exactly the same in both pictures (single car with no visible driver) we can infer that the two pics are very close in time
    Very close in time. I don't see anything that tells me which one came first. I don't see any people at the gas pumps in either pic. Why are the 2 pics different in size .. one cropped? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Oh my goodness, bonbon....must be something in the air. I got up in the wee hours to get a glass of water and lo and behold, there was a ginormous spider on the wall in my breakfast room. I attacked him with a paper plate, which has a much lower success rate than a can of Lysol. Alas, I did not find his remains...nor did I see him flee the scene. I need a spider detective!
    Now, children, kgeaux feels the need to 'splain sumtin to y'all!

Spiders are our FRIENDS! Their webs catch creepy crawlers, nasty flies and all sorts of yucky home invaders.

Only kill brown recluses or black widows!

Lol, now back to our regular programming.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiGreen View Post
    It seems like everyone is assuming the driver of the white truck is responsible for Mickey being missing. Has LE named the driver a POI? If so, I must have missed it.

I'm hoping that because there have been some pics released, that LE has more and may already know what happened. If there's one thing I've learned following crimes for many, many years it's that we never know what LE is really up to. Like in the Lamar and Koenig cases, we can speculate till the cows come home, but when we get some truth, it's a shocker. JMO
    No, LE has not named anyone a POI. We have no idea if the driver of the z71 is responsible for harming Mickey or even if the driver saw Mickey or witnessed anything important.

I agree with you about the LaMar and Koenig cases and I would add Sherry Arnold to that list. LE was working diligently behind the scenes on Sherry's case and when the charging documents were finally released it was pretty shocking how much evidence and information LE had been keeping under wraps.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wodalo View Post
    i had to skip a lot... it moves very quickly here...

just wanted to throw out an opinion as a parent re the private investigator and his kidnapped comment...

if it was my child and "the man" was clearly searching for a body... I would also hire a pi that was looking for my child alive... because until I was shown a body, whether or not there is a confession, i would maintain that my child was alive... even if there was only a 1% chance she was... i would cling to that 1% chance with all my might... selling my house, car, and shirt off my back if need be until she was found...

re- police searching st landry on foot... to me this suggests they either have a tip or the forensics on the bike show that the bike was hit from behind and the tire would clearly show that it made a skid mark and they went looking for it

i dont have a problem reading rumors IF they are stated only once, clearly tagged as a rumor, and the source is given, and no "privileged" information regarding "the man's" investigation is revealed...

i'd like to think that people are generally good, but have been aware of peoples web surfing habits since the web began... and these habits show that almost everybody leads 2 lives... the one you see, and the one you don't... unfortunately... if you knew more about the "private" side you don't see of just about everybody... it would make it near impossible to smile or trust ANYBODY...

im done looking at pics unless specifically asked to...

i have a question to anybody in the know...
    has any info or speculation uncovered on the web by everybody been of any help to this investigation thus far..?

peace

Absolutely, My wife and I were speaking last night and we agreed if a child of ours ever went missing we would hire a P.I. immediately, in addition to doing my own sleuthing, who cares if it is legal or not? I have no faith in the Police in general. There may be some good ones but they are clock punchers. A P.I. has a vested interest in finding my child.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to spurdie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Now, children, kgeaux feels the need to 'splain sumtin to y'all!

Spiders are our FRIENDS! Their webs catch creepy crawlers, nasty flies and all sorts of yucky home invaders.

Only kill brown recluses or black widows!

Lol, now back to our regular programming.

Oh Lord....Kgeaux and Shefner could not co-exist in the same spidery abode! I have no friends with eight legs!

I do have to admit, i liked Charlotte in the movie. I would probably let her live here. But she would have to reside in the attic.

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scapa View Post
    For those of us checking in this morning, was anything found during the breathless events of last night? A quick summary of the current state of affairs would be greatly appreciated by this bleary-eyed late arrival!

s
    Hi scapa, missed this one first time through. That "secondary search" at Whiskey Bay late last night had us holding our breaths, particularly when media reported something had been found of evidentiary value. Finally, after much tension, media backtracked and said that, while sonar had picked up an object which looked as if it might be important, in fact it proved not to be. And so the search continues.

Also germane to the discussion: the family have hired a private investigator, perhaps an indication that they are unhappy with current progress (or lack of it).

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by audie View Post
    Very close in time. I don't see anything that tells me which one came first. I don't see any people at the gas pumps in either pic. Why are the 2 pics different in size .. one cropped? Anyone know?
    Not sure about the size thing. But yeah, unfortunately we dont know which of those pics actually comes first. If the truck is behind her it says something pretty major. If it passed first.....who knows what that means. But either way, its not caught on the next camera at 215 st. Landry.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast