Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Can I ask-how far in miles was her friend's BW house and her home?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyraKelly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
    Just checking after running a few errands - any news? (I assume from this first page no, but I am hoping....)
    Don't know if it's good or bad but ... no new news.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be.....few really know who you are.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    Approximately 4-4.5 miles.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

Does anyone here (besides A.C.I.) do any "sleuthing" type activity as a job? I think working for an organization like TES would be interesting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    Approximately 4-4.5 miles.
    TY...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyraKelly For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the welcome! If they were doing some more searches, perhaps they just wanted a bit of privacy? Especially if they felt the family or perp was watching from the net?
    LE has a hard enough time making charges stick these days (and go all the way to conviction), so perhaps they are being especially cautious?

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChiTownLass For This Useful Post:

Smile

I've been reading for days, trying to keep up. I just want you all to appreciate each other, give yourselves a pat on the back, and keep going.

I know you (most? many of you?) are stressed, and it's very understandable. You are giving of your time, energy, skills and compassion to find this young woman. You are either out there in person, or sleuthing on the computer. If anyone in my family ever came up missing, I would want you all to help!

It's great to see how so many of you have different strengths, be it flier making skills, map skills, logic, knowledge of the area, background knowledge and how it all comes together.

I know tempers sometimes flare, and moments of humor ARE needed. "uck - trays", kitties, and clowns may seem inappropriate, but think about how LE members deal with the tragedy they see on a daily basis. They often have a wicked, dark sense of humor. This humor is a tiny little breath of air gulped before you wade back in.

Again, I seldom post.. been around quite a while, but I wanted to thank you all for your dedication, empathy and selflessness in what you have devoted to find Mickey Shunick.

Hugs to all of you.

Anything new on this evenings 6:00 news locally?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke Fan4 For This Useful Post:

See America's Most Wanted tomorrow night at 9:00 pm EST update on MS

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BayouBelle_LA For This Useful Post:

Yeah there was minor activity down there today. Few LE and a few others. Theyre definitely still looking.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:

Don't know if it's good or bad but ... no new news.
    I was sitting here pondering if no news is good or bad. I guess there is no answer.

Saturday, it will be two weeks.

For the family's sake, I hope there's some kind of conclusion coming. I can't imagine the waiting.
    Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ~ Hitchens

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JurysOut For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JurysOut View Post
    I was sitting here pondering if no news is good or bad. I guess there is no answer.

Saturday, it will be two weeks.

For the family's sake, I hope there's some kind of conclusion coming. I can't imagine the waiting.
    Guess once the bike analysis is finshed there should be some news.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to concernedformickey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    A little over 4 miles. But since it appears that she was taking the Bike Route on google maps, it would be closer to 5 miles.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pichele For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Fan4 View Post
    Anything new on this evenings 6:00 news locally?
    Not much new. They're still calling for volunteers to meet at Blackham Coliseum at 8:00 am tomorrow and there were some annoucements on local fundraisers.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BayouBelle_LA For This Useful Post:

Don't know if this was posted, nor do I know if this was this exact location of the bike or just a general picture of the area.

http://cmsimg.theadvertiser.com/apps...&Maxh=465&q=60

There are also more pictures from Whiskey Bay to look at on The Advertiser's website.
    Last edited by mommyof6; 05-31-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added more info

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mommyof6 For This Useful Post:

From KATC.com:
    Latest Update Mickey Shunick: What you need to know today May 31, 2012
    Police need help identifying the driver of a Chevrolet Z71 truck. The truck, a white 4 door, was seen on surveillance video traveling in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.
    I understand how the newbies feel trying to keep up with the lightening speed, multitude of comments and it's likely I, myself, have missed some details but, with that being said ... referencing the bolded statement above; wasn't LE initially asking that the owner of the Z71 white truck to please contact them and now, based on the wording quoted above ... LE is now asking the public for help identifying the driver???

I'm most likely nitpicking media wording and it's probably just semantics but it caught my eye.

31. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

From KATC.com:

I understand how the newbies feel trying to keep up with the lightening speed, multitude of comments and it's likely I, myself, have missed some details but, with that being said ... referencing the bolded statement above; wasn't LE initially asking that the owner of the Z71 white truck to please contact them and now, based on the wording quoted above ... LE is now asking the public for help identifying the driver???

I'm most likely nitpicking media wording and it's probably just semantics but it caught my eye.
    Good catch.

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

I asked on the last thread right before it was locked, but did any of "our" WS locals participate in the volunteer search today?

Anyone planning to search tomorrow?

I wish I lived closer and could join the foot search.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

From KATC.com:

I guess they're not banking on the driver coming forward like they asked, since they've had ample time and haven't. But, as has been mentioned, they could be offshore. Who knows.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lindsayw View Post
    I guess they're not banking on the driver coming forward like they asked, since they've had ample time and haven't. But, as has been mentioned, they could be offshore. Who knows.
    They could be offshore or out of town for another reason or they could be a non-local (although I very much doubt that) and they actually don't know they are being sought out for questioning.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

It said the last thread was under "review". What does that mean?

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to concernedformickey For This Useful Post:

From KATC.com:

I said this earlier and I still suspect it. I think they have the truck. I think (for some reason) a variety of people could have been using it. If they have the truck, they should have a pool of people to investigate, but getting the "public" (someone who knows) to point a finger would speed things up for them I'm sure.

An earlier article said they were looking for the occupant or occupants. That's what made me read into it. I'll try to find that article.

43. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fleurdenola For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    I asked on the last thread right before it was locked, but did any of "our" WS locals participate in the volunteer search today?

Anyone planning to search tomorrow?

I wish I lived closer and could join the foot search.
    I did intend to go today but hubby had something to do in vehicle so wasn't able to. Tomorrow I'm there.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by concernedformickey View Post
    It said the last thread was under "review". What does that mean?

It means that the moderators are reviewing the posts. It helps to eliminate rumors, ect. HTH

JMO, IMO,
    , and all other disclaimers...
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:

I don't often sign in but I come to Websleuths to read everyday. I rarely post on any thread. I have read every word of Mickey's threads. The extra context that everyone has supplied is amazing. I have clicked on every link to all the camera angles, posters, videos and maps. So much extra work has been done to give perspective to this mystery. I have read the frustration at times but the whole community effort of old sleuthers and new locals has formed a caring community. Many thanks to all the thinking, searching, backtracking everyone onsite in Lafayette LA has done.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast