Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 671

Thread: Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

  1. #401
    Yes - I did attend.

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HopeFaithLove For This Useful Post:


  3. #402
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    The judge called her a prime suspect.
    I know who called her a prime suspect. I don't believe it was appropriate. JMHO.

    I suspect this might be Desiree's only hope at the moment (which still doesn't make it right, IMO), but if that is the case, then what does this say about the criminal justice system in the USA? Incompetent investigators?

  4. #403
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    986
    From Twitter...

    Kyle Iboshi‏@KyleIboshi

    Appears "America's Most Wanted" working on upcoming piece on Kyron Horman case

  5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:


  6. #404
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    986
    Anna Canzano ‏@AnnaCanzanoKATU

    America's Most Wanted to air segment on #KyronHorman in September.

  7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:


  8. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    986

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:


  10. #406
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    City of Roses, Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by gladiatorqueen View Post
    I know who called her a prime suspect. I don't believe it was appropriate. JMHO.
    Well, all I can say is I am part of the legal community in Portland, and Judge Kantor is one of the most respected judges on the Multnomah County Circuit Court bench. I would never second guess him as to what is appropriate, and I would assume he knows more facts about the case and the law in general than I do.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian


  11. #407
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    From Twitter...

    Kyle Iboshi‏@KyleIboshi

    Appears "America's Most Wanted" working on upcoming piece on Kyron Horman case
    Is AMW back on Fox, or is it on a cable channel? TIA...

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:


  13. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    986
    It's on Lifetime now. Fridays at 9:00pm, 8:00pm Central.

    I'll keep any eye out for the episode and hopefully we'll know in advance. Guessing it'll be on Sept 7th.

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:


  15. #409
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oregon (or-eee-gun)
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    It's on Lifetime now. Fridays at 9:00pm, 8:00pm Central.

    I'll keep any eye out for the episode and hopefully we'll know in advance. Guessing it'll be on Sept 7th.
    Way to go on the twitter updates =) whoo hoo =)

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:


  17. #410
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wa.State
    Posts
    1,373
    Its SO good to see our boys name and face back in the media!!
    I dont care if anyone wants to huck rocks at me...Im GLAD Desiree is going through with this.
    You go Girl !!!!
    If I really thought I could...
    Id give up your ghost for good.
    But Im not so sure it isnt you..
    That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
    Joe Henry


    . . . . for Sky.


  18. #411
    America's Most Wanted will air September 14th!! Tune in and set your DVR's!!

    So happy to see Kyron getting National attention!

  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HopeFaithLove For This Useful Post:


  20. #412
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Well, all I can say is I am part of the legal community in Portland, and Judge Kantor is one of the most respected judges on the Multnomah County Circuit Court bench. I would never second guess him as to what is appropriate, and I would assume he knows more facts about the case and the law in general than I do.
    I always second guess someone if something seems questionable to me. I don't care how "respected" they are. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gladiatorqueen For This Useful Post:


  22. #413
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by gladiatorqueen View Post
    I do understand that Desiree is doing whatever she can to find Kyron. I just think this isn't the route to go, but that's just my opinion. The media has already gone on a frenzy saying that she has now been named the "prime suspect," which isn't actually true, yet.
    It is my understanding that the judge called Terri a suspect as part of the protection he stated that he would give her. Here is a quote from a KATU news article. Since Terri doesn't have to give a deposition for now, that is to her advantage.

    "By calling her a suspect, the judge said Terri can for now avoid a deposition in the civil case against her."

    http://www.katu.com/news/local/Judge...?tab=video&c=y

  23. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bluestars For This Useful Post:


  24. #414
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,432
    I saw that only Portland media, ABC News, The Daily Mail, and JVM picked up the story of Terri being named a prime suspect. It's a bit disturbing to me that a case can go from getting significant national coverage, to 2 years later, only a few media outlets report on it.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  26. #415
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    America's Most Wanted will have a show on Kyron, so the case will have national exposure.

    A video about Kryon was on CNN.com on August 30th.

    http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.ht...hln?hpt=hp_bn4

    Then another video on HLNTV on Sept 3rd:

    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/08/3...man-speaks-out


    I hope the America's Most Wanted episode will result in some tips. Then there's the civil suit. I pray that Rosenthal will be able to uncover new information. Discovery in civil cases is less limited than a criminal case. I am so happy that Desiree filed the suit.

    "In a civil proceeding, anything relevant to the case that is not privileged is discoverable. In contrast, discovery under the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure is highly restricted, reflecting the Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate oneself and the Sixth Amendment right to confront witnesses. The contrast is illustrated by the differences in the civil and criminal deposition process. Under the civil rules, parties may depose all parties to the action and any other person necessary to obtain testimony relevant to the subject matter. Under the criminal rules, however, only depositions of a partys own witnesses may be taken, and then only pursuant to a court order."

    http://davidofflawfirm.com/criminal-vs-civil-law/

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluestars For This Useful Post:


  28. #416
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,537
    just watched the H!N video..

    Who is the student that saw Kyron at 9am.. I thought that was taken off the timeline?

    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/08/3...man-speaks-out

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:


  30. #417
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,386
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Well, all I can say is I am part of the legal community in Portland, and Judge Kantor is one of the most respected judges on the Multnomah County Circuit Court bench. I would never second guess him as to what is appropriate, and I would assume he knows more facts about the case and the law in general than I do.
    Hi Gwenabob, Does Judge Kantor's first name begin with an 'S'? That man is one of the most respected lawyers in his field of law. It is a bit curious to have two lawyers with the same unusual last name in the same city, both top notch as it were. IMO

    I looked it up and the judges first name is Henry.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:


  32. #418
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oregon (or-eee-gun)
    Posts
    3,655
    Per twitter just now

    @KyleIboshi
    Kyron Horman's stepmom is adding a new face to legal team. Portland attorney Mark Wagner will join defense of Terri Horman. #findkyron

  33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:


  34. #419
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,432
    Quote Originally Posted by freefallzzzz View Post
    Per twitter just now

    @KyleIboshi
    Kyron Horman's stepmom is adding a new face to legal team. Portland attorney Mark Wagner will join defense of Terri Horman. #findkyron
    Here's an article about a case Wagner was on:

    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...er_portla.html

    -Graduate of Cornell Law

    Here's his firm's website: http://www.hhw.com/

    Wait...I don't see Wagner listed as one of the attorneys but I'm pretty sure he is the Wagner in the name...

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  36. #420
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oregon (or-eee-gun)
    Posts
    3,655
    Online article from KGW

    http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Terri-...169240216.html
    (snip)
    PORTLAND -- Kyron Horman's stepmother is adding a new face to her legal team; Attorney Mark Wagner will help defend Terri Horman in a civil lawsuit.
    Wagner, from the Portland law firm Hart Wagner, specializes in civil defense work. According to his staff, Wagner was out of the country Monday and not available for comment.

  37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:


  38. #421
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy101 View Post
    just watched the H!N video..

    Who is the student that saw Kyron at 9am.. I thought that was taken off the timeline?

    http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/08/3...man-speaks-out
    You know, I found that kid very believable from the start. Some have argued over and over that he was wrong, but I think the fact that Kaine doesn't dispute or even question it in this interview shows that this sighting is still part of the timeline.

    That doesn't eliminate Terri, of course, but it does narrow her window.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

  39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:


  40. #422
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rural Alabama
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    You know, I found that kid very believable from the start. Some have argued over and over that he was wrong, but I think the fact that Kaine doesn't dispute or even question it in this interview shows that this sighting is still part of the timeline.

    That doesn't eliminate Terri, of course, but it does narrow her window.
    LE have consistently seemed to disregard any sighting after 8:45. They think Terri left the school at 8:45 and got to the first Fred Meyer at around 9:00. This basically gives the official timeline, it came straight from the MCSO in August 2010 (so a while after they had been able to figure out details of the investigation):


    Investigators need people to come forward who can provide help with the following times and locations for Kaine Horman's white Ford F250 pickup.

    -- Anyone who parked in the south parking lot of Skyline School, just next to Skyline Road, between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. on June 4. Please call the tip line with the year, make, color, model and license number of your car.

    -- Anyone who saw the pickup truck at Skyline School between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45, and any people who may have been in or around the truck.

    -- Around 9 a.m. at the Fred Meyer store at 22075 Imbrie Drive, near Cornelius Pass Road.

    -- Around 10 a.m. at the Fred Meyer store at 15995 SW Walker Road.

    -- Between 10:15 and 11:30 a.m. on Skyline Road between Springville and Newberry Roads, or along Germantown or Old Germantown Roads.


    http://www.kgw.com/home/Timeline-Hor...100461834.html

  41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:


  42. #423
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    LE have consistently seemed to disregard any sighting after 8:45. They think Terri left the school at 8:45 and got to the first Fred Meyer at around 9:00. This basically gives the official timeline, it came straight from the MCSO in August 2010 (so a while after they had been able to figure out details of the investigation):


    Investigators need people to come forward who can provide help with the following times and locations for Kaine Horman's white Ford F250 pickup.

    -- Anyone who parked in the south parking lot of Skyline School, just next to Skyline Road, between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. on June 4. Please call the tip line with the year, make, color, model and license number of your car.

    -- Anyone who saw the pickup truck at Skyline School between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45, and any people who may have been in or around the truck.

    -- Around 9 a.m. at the Fred Meyer store at 22075 Imbrie Drive, near Cornelius Pass Road.

    -- Around 10 a.m. at the Fred Meyer store at 15995 SW Walker Road.

    -- Between 10:15 and 11:30 a.m. on Skyline Road between Springville and Newberry Roads, or along Germantown or Old Germantown Roads.


    http://www.kgw.com/home/Timeline-Hor...100461834.html
    It's this kind of stuff that reminds me why I still believe that he is alive. Supposed to meet at Fred Meier-wrong location-went to other Fred Meier-made the switch-went into FM to be "seen" IMO
    Everything I post without a supporting link is always JMO.

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDuchess For This Useful Post:


  44. #424
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, the state
    Posts
    30

    Cameras in Fred Meyer

    I am so so sad to say, I don't think Kyron is still alive. I hope very very much that he is. I think the reason she went to 2 Fred Meyer stores is to establish multiple recordings of herself (without Kyron) during the timeline. This was also an opportunity to show off the school pictures of Kyron from that day.

    I live in the NW, and Fred Meyer is one of the stores that has a very prominently placed monitor showing you images of yourself entering the store. My kids love to ham it up as we enter the store. If I wanted to make sure I was caught on tape, it is one of the first places that comes to mind. I think Walmart tends to use the monitor by the door, too.

    It does seem odd to visit the same store twice in different locations. I am wondering what she offers as her explanation for the double visit?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuchess View Post
    It's this kind of stuff that reminds me why I still believe that he is alive. Supposed to meet at Fred Meier-wrong location-went to other Fred Meier-made the switch-went into FM to be "seen" IMO


    "We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders."
    G.K. Chesterton



  45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Remove the covering For This Useful Post:


  46. #425
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    City of Roses, Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Remove the covering View Post
    I am so so sad to say, I don't think Kyron is still alive. I hope very very much that he is. I think the reason she went to 2 Fred Meyer stores is to establish multiple recordings of herself (without Kyron) during the timeline. This was also an opportunity to show off the school pictures of Kyron from that day.

    I live in the NW, and Fred Meyer is one of the stores that has a very prominently placed monitor showing you images of yourself entering the store. My kids love to ham it up as we enter the store. If I wanted to make sure I was caught on tape, it is one of the first places that comes to mind. I think Walmart tends to use the monitor by the door, too.

    It does seem odd to visit the same store twice in different locations. I am wondering what she offers as her explanation for the double visit?
    She claims she went to get cold medicine for the sick baby and the first store was out of what she wanted. I just don't buy it. First, the baby was under two years old. Most OTC cold medicines are not recommended for children under two. Second, if the baby was so sick she needed medicine, why not just buy another brand? FM carries a generic store brand of pretty much every cold medicine out there. Why not just grab the generic and call it good. Why drag a sick baby around all morning looking for that one specific cold medicine when FM carries probably at least 10 different items that would do the job. No, she went to those stores for alibi purposes only. JMO>
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

  47. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:


Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 01:58 AM
  2. Who Is Terri Horman?
    By Beatrice in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
  3. Where is Terri Horman?
    By AlexisFresca in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 05:03 PM
  4. Replies: 358
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •