Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by freefallzzzz View Post
    From twitter:

‏@chadcarterpdx
    DEVELOPING: Desiree Young to file civil lawsuit & hold news conference at 1:30pm. Just shy of 2nd anniversary of Kyron's disappearance.
    Would that be local time? I wonder if HLN will carry it live?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Per Anita Kissée
    Both @KATUNews on TV and online will be carrying the news conference with Kyron Horman's mom, Desiree. It's at 1:30pm.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Would that be local time? I wonder if HLN will carry it live?

It will be Oregon time PST..

Yeah all local media will have it live.. Not sure about HLN?

For online feeds
    FOX 12
    http://www.kptv.com/category/210121/watch-fox-12-live

KATU - Ch2
    http://www.katu.com/news/live

KOIN Ch6
    http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/live/default.aspx

KGW Ch8
    http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

If you cannot watch online you can also go to twitter

Depends on what reporters will be there as to who will be tweeting, they always do..

As tweets come in before 1:30pm our time I will try to get them in here..

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

KGW will be updating story online in a story, as well (via their tweet)

‏@KGWNews
    Update: Kyron Horman's mother will announce details of lawsuit at 1:30; details will be here http://bit.ly/KQRDhT

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    LOL Free, I knew you'd be on top of this. I sent you an email this morning before I saw this post! I hope something comes of this too but trying not to get my hopes up.
    heh.. me too!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pdx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    I think she filed to get in under the deadline (Monday) but everyone knows that it will continue to be put off, just like the divorce, until something else happens. No judge is going to force this forward while the possibility of criminal charges against Terri are out there.

Just like ZFG's suit against Casey. And if Terri were ever found guilty, it would take even longer b/c of the appeals.

I don't think this will change anything, sadly.
    Afraid I agree... this is a placeholder. But I wonder if she's just dropping bait about the press conference and 'big announcement'. If there was truly news (other than this, which is news.. well, "news").. they wouldn't wait for an anniversary date, they'd just put it out there. Right? (hahahahah.. who knows with this investigation?!)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pdx For This Useful Post:

I think she will plea the 5th and not talk, sadly.
    God does not like ugly

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    I think she will plea the 5th and not talk, sadly.
    But it will put more pressure on her. Kaine and Desiree are just doing whatever they can to make her life uncomfortable. Not only does she have to worry about spending her life in prison but she's cut off from her daughter and now may face financial penalties. They are basically saying...we are going to do our best to keep your life suspended in limbo until we get answers. I give them a lot of credit for fighting for Kyron.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

She may not have any money herself, but she may come into money later, via inheritance or who knows? She could win the lottery. So it is good to get a judgment against her now. But this really isn't about money. It is about fact finding and making her uncomfortable. I think for those purposes this is a good idea. It will force the police to share what they have uncovered, and allow the general public to see what they know. Plus it will force TM to come out of her comfy little den in Roseburg and face the music for what she has done.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

Seems Kaine was unaware of Desiree's plan.

"Young, who lives in Medford, has retained Elden Rosenthal, a high-profile attorney to handle the custodial interference civil suit against Terri Moulton Horman.

Details will be released at the news conference.

Kaine Horman, Kyron's father, said on Friday that he knew nothing about the suit though he will be briefed before the news conference at 1:30 p.m."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ormans_mo.html

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I just watched the news story! W@W! Only a 2 year deadline in Oregon? I know someone in another state who was going to file a claim for a missing person in Tennessee and it was 7 years.

I'm glad Desiree jumped on the opportunity. If she wouldn't have, she would have forever wondered if it was the right thing to do.
    Do you have additional information on this "statute of limitations" and how it applies to "custodial interference"? Wouldn't the 7-year statute (or 5 years as it is in some states, i.e. Alabama where a judge declared Natalee Holloway dead after nearly 6 years) apply to someone who is missing and presumed dead? There is no proof to date that Kyron is deceased.

Perhaps when we see the wording of the lawsuit, this will become clearer, but for now, it's puzzling.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    I'm hoping, if nothing else we'll be able to learn what was in those horrific emails that have been referred. Of course that my personal curiosity getting the best of me. Hoping ultimately for justice.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greenpalm For This Useful Post:

Yay!

I've been praying for Kyron for two years now and I'm so glad that something is happening, hopefully there will be closure to this case soon!
    John 3:16

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to shorty42404 For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the links freefallzzzz. Hoping this move by Desiree does something to solve this case and bring justice for Kyron.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ormans_mo.html
    (snipped):

Kaine Horman, Kyron's father, said on Friday that he knew nothing about the suit though he will be briefed before the news conference at 1:30 p.m.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Do you have additional information on this "statute of limitations" and how it applies to "custodial interference"? Wouldn't the 7-year statute (or 5 years as it is in some states, i.e. Alabama where a judge declared Natalee Holloway dead after nearly 6 years) apply to someone who is missing and presumed dead? There is no proof to date that Kyron is deceased.

Perhaps when we see the wording of the lawsuit, this will become clearer, but for now, it's puzzling.
    I don't know any more than what was said to me, that in TN it had to be filed within 7 years.

Here's some Oregon info I found with a Google:

Personal Injury: 2 years.

Fraud: 2 years from discovery.

Libel / Slander / Defamation: 2 years.

Injury to Personal Property: 6 years.

Product Liability: Two years after the plaintiff suffers injury, or within two years of the date the plaintiff discovers or reasonably should have discovered the injury. However, no product liability action may be commenced more than eight years after the date the product alleged to have caused injury was purchased.

Contracts: 6 years.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/lim...te/Oregon.html

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

snipped from : http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ormans_mo.html

Kaine Horman, Kyron's father, said on Friday that he knew nothing about the suit though he will be briefed before the news conference at 1:30 p.m.

JMO ... but Kaine already has his "hands full" with the divorce proceeding against Terri ...

So ... I think it was a good move that Desiree did NOT involve Kaine in this "civil suit" against Terri ...

And this way, Terri can't claim "conspiracy" ...

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    snipped from : http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ormans_mo.html

JMO ... but Kaine already has his "hands full" with the divorce proceeding against Terri ...

So ... I think it was a good move that Desiree did NOT involve Kaine in this "civil suit" against Terri ...

And this way, Terri can't claim "conspiracy" ...

BBM

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

You're probably right about that, Nurse. I wonder if we'll hear anything from TH's attorneys? They haven't said much, either.
    They'll have to say something now!

Probably just that Terri saw nothing, knows nothing, and is innocent as the pure driven snow.

Terri won't say anything, but civil suits are different, and Desiree can still drag her through court for a couple of years and maybe get some written statements out of her. She won't be able to pull the same thing she did with the divorce - avoiding it altogether.

Something will come out of this. They can drag all of Terri's phone-squad back into court for one thing. Oooo - I'm looking forward to that!

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

But can't she just plead the 5th and lose the case? If she is still living with her parents and not employed, they can't get any money out of her. If she goes that route, I think that just proves her guilt one more time - but only in the eyes of the public.

The last thing I want to look like is a pessimist, but I'm not seeing how this will help find Kyron. Making Terri's life more miserable, maybe. And since she can't be jailed, this might be the only justice Kyron will ever get.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

42. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    But it will put more pressure on her. Kaine and Desiree are just doing whatever they can to make her life uncomfortable. Not only does she have to worry about spending her life in prison but she's cut off from her daughter and now may face financial penalties. They are basically saying...we are going to do our best to keep your life suspended in limbo until we get answers. I give them a lot of credit for fighting for Kyron.
    ITA with you and Im glad she is doing this.
    God does not like ugly

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Question:

Do you guys think she will testify, or just let it go and let whatever happens happen?
    I don't think she'll say a word. The attorney in the video said she could plead the 5th and likely the judge would allow it because of the criminal investigation. My guess is she has LONG since transferred any money she had to her parents so even if she loses, the judgment wouldn't really affect her financially in the short term.

I wonder if they classified Kyron's case a cold case, would the whole "pending criminal investigation" excuse for not talking be nulll & void? I mean the reason they postponed the divorce is because of the criminal investigation... so just curious if the case were 'cold', would that negate the criminal investigation aspect?

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:

Wow, this is a good strong statement.

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:

I will pursue anyone who helped Terri take my son away from me - Desiree speaking live on TV

50. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast