Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.

freefallzzzz

Reaction score
KATU now reporting Desiree is expected to file a civil lawsuit against Terri H tomorrow for custodial interference.. watching now, will quote tweets coming out in a minute

Via Twitter

Oregonian (OregonLive) quoting local TV station KATU

James Yu ‏@jyu_oregonian
KATU: Kyron Horman's mother to file civil suit against stepmother

link http://www.katu.com/news/local/Kyro...man-Terri-Horman-civil-lawsuit-156159635.html

Kyron Horman's mom plans to file civil suit against Terri Horman

snip (please read ALL of article)

PORTLAND, Ore. - Desiree Young, the mother of missing boy, Kyron Horman, plans to file a civil suit against the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman.

The lawsuit, which sources tell KATU News will be filed on Friday, accuses Horman of "custodial interference."

Under Oregon law, custodial interference involves keeping a person from their legal custodian "permanently or for a protracted period."

Terri Horman was the last person known to have seen Kyron Horman before he disappeared from Skyline School almost exactly two years ago.

While Horman has never formally been named a criminal suspect, she has long been in the spotlight of the investigation.

It's not clear what evidence Young will lay out in her lawsuit.

Sigh, it's been two years already.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Kyro...man-Terri-Horman-civil-lawsuit-156159635.html

In a criminal case a defendant must be found guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt." However, in a civil case a defendant must only be found guilty based on a "preponderance of evidence."

"I explain to people as if you have a scale and drop one grain of sand on the scale, that's all you have to show for preponderance of the evidence. So it's a very low standard," said family law attorney Drew Bobzien. Bobzien is not involved with the Young lawsuit.

Young and her attorneys are filing the lawsuit now because there is a two-year statute of limitations on bringing a suit. Kyron was reported missing on June 4, 2010.

Who are Desiree's attorneys? Is Kaine on board with this lawsuit? How will Terri react to the pressure? Will there be new tips due to the new media interest? What if Terri is found guilty or not guilty in the civil trial?

Questions, questions...
thank you freefallzzz for alerting us to this news.

Who are Desiree's attorneys? Is Kaine on board with this lawsuit? How will Terri react to the pressure? Will there be new tips due to the new media interest? What if Terri is found guilty or not guilty in the civil trial?

Questions, questions...
thank you freefallzzz for alerting us to this news.

You can believe all local media will be on top of this tomorrow!

I'm assuming all these questions will be answered tomorrow

some twitters to follow..
@KATUMeghan
@KATUNews

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Kyro...man-Terri-Horman-civil-lawsuit-156159635.html

PORTLAND, Ore. - Desiree Young, the mother of missing boy, Kyron Horman, plans to file a civil suit against the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman.

The lawsuit, which sources tell KATU News will be filed on Friday, accuses Horman of "custodial interference."

Under Oregon law, custodial interference involves keeping a person from their legal custodian "permanently or for a protracted period."

*video in article is very good and has more info, above link will be updated as more info comes in

Kaine Horman says the gloves are off.
He says by nature, he's a patient person. But his patience is worn thin when it comes to the unanswered questions about his son and what happened to him - answers he believes Terri Horman holds.

"This whole situation is about finding Kyron," he said. "There's no mistake about it whether we're going through a divorce or processing another part of the case that's involved with this or what have you, the discussions are always, what's the best approach to bring him home

What happened with the divorce in March? Apparently it didn't go through since she is referred to as his estranged wife.

Interesting. I didn't realize they haven't classified Kyron's case as a cold case. Somehow I thought they had when the team disbanded, but I'm glad to hear they still have one detective actively assigned to his case.

It can't hurt to file a civil suit and see where it goes. I know that I'm very interested in what the outcome is going to be.

LOL Free, I knew you'd be on top of this. I sent you an email this morning before I saw this post! I hope something comes of this too but trying not to get my hopes up.

I just watched the news story! W@W! Only a 2 year deadline in Oregon? I know someone in another state who was going to file a claim for a missing person in Tennessee and it was 7 years.

I'm glad Desiree jumped on the opportunity. If she wouldn't have, she would have forever wondered if it was the right thing to do.

Question:

Do you guys think she will testify, or just let it go and let whatever happens happen?

I think she filed to get in under the deadline (Monday) but everyone knows that it will continue to be put off, just like the divorce, until something else happens. No judge is going to force this forward while the possibility of criminal charges against Terri are out there.

Just like ZFG's suit against Casey. And if Terri were ever found guilty, it would take even longer b/c of the appeals.

I don't think this will change anything, sadly.

KATU now reporting Desiree is expected to file a civil lawsuit against Terri H tomorrow for custodial interference.. watching now, will quote tweets coming out in a minute

:seeya: WOW !!! Thank You for this update !

Running off to get caught up here ...

:please: that Kyron is found !

Question:

Do you guys think she will testify, or just let it go and let whatever happens happen?

I don't think she will open her mouth.

:moo:

look what she did with her daughter.. and the divorce... all because she won't open her mouth...

I don't think she will open her mouth.

:moo:

look what she did with her daughter.. and the divorce... all because she won't open her mouth...

You're probably right about that, Nurse. I wonder if we'll hear anything from TH's attorneys? They haven't said much, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth