Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Nancy Jenkins, 57, Guilford County, 31 May 2012

NC - Nancy Jenkins, 57, Guilford County, 31 May 2012

Sheriff Seeks Missing Triad Woman

Guilford County, NC -- The Sheriff's Office is looking for Nancy Wyman Jenkins, who went missing on Thursday.

Authorities said Jenkins was last seen at her home on Turner Smith Rd., Browns Summit around 5:20 pm. She left her home without taking any personal items or her car.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article...ng-Triad-Woman

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

GREENSBORO, N.C. — Deputies are searching for a 55-year-old woman that went missing on Thursday.

According to a news release, Nancy Wyman Jenkins, 55, was last seen at her home at 5760 Turner Smith Road around 5 a.m. Thursday morning. She was last seen wearing a black or red shirt and blue jeans.

Deputies said she left the home without taking any personal items or her vehicle.

http://myfox8.com/2012/06/01/deputie...ford-co-woman/

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

http://www.digtriad.com/comments/230...ng-Triad-Woman

Comment from daughter at this article states, she went missing at 5:20 AM not PM. Also her age is 57, not 55 and they have the spelling wrong on the MN, it's Twyman, Wyman.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Daughter says LE brought dogs out. They lost her scent in the driveway, like she left with someone in a car. Brought out a search team and combed the immediate area but found nothing.

She was seen putting a box into a blue car in her driveway. So no one knows who drives the blue car?

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

None of the news stories mentions a blue car nor a box. I only see it on a Facebook page. How can we confirm that there was a blue car? Also, the Facebook post, which seems to be from a friend of the daughter, says the neighbor saw a blue car at 10:30. But the news stories and daughter's own statement says that she was last seen at 5:30 a.m. So is that 10:30 the previous night? I'm confused on that.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    None of the news stories mentions a blue car nor a box. I only see it on a Facebook page. How can we confirm that there was a blue car? Also, the Facebook post, which seems to be from a friend of the daughter, says the neighbor saw a blue car at 10:30. But the news stories and daughter's own statement says that she was last seen at 5:30 a.m. So is that 10:30 the previous night? I'm confused on that.
    Unfortunately there is next to nothing in the media on this case. Most of the information I have found is on family's facebook pages. I tend to think her daughter has the details correct, so for now that is what I am going with.

Tonight it was said that the daughter has Nancy's cell phone (prepaid service) and there was "nothing on it". I assume that means, nothing of value in terms of unrecognized phone numbers or calls.

I wonder if the detail on losing her husband is significant to her disappearance? Kind of an odd thing to throw on a missing poster?

Hoping there will be more media attention in this case and details about the blue car are clarified.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

I can't get a feel for the facts of this disappearance.....the family doesn't think Ms. Jenkins disappeared on her own but was abducted by someone in the blue car?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Well, on Bing, it shows a stand of pines between her home and one neighbor. The other neighbor lives in a trailer that is relatively close. But a car would need to pull past the house into the back for someone to see her at 5 a.m. At best, the car would be 75 feet from the back window of the trailer. And, from that kind of distance, I'm not sure anyone would be able to make out the vehicle's color nor whether it was her at all. Not to mention how difficult it would be to see a box and her shirt color.

On GoogleMaps, you can see at least three cars at her home. On Bing, you can see a car parked way behind her house. That stuff doesn't mean much. But, if she had more than one vehicle, the obvious question is why? If the other vehicles didn't belong to her, who drove them?

I haven't been able to find much on Nancy, and I'm calling it a night. I hope she turns up very soon.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Here is what I learned from reading various facebook pages ...

-Nancy has a roommate. The roomate saw her before he/she left for work the morning she disappeared. I think this is the reported last seen at 5:20 AM account.

-The neighbor (older gentleman) who saw a blue car in the driveway and Nancy putting a box in it, is the last seen at 10:30 AM account.

-Her daughter does not know what happened to her Mom. It seems she has a pretty large support network, and people are volunteering to form search parties to help look for Nancy.

Like I said, the media has not really picked up on this case, details are scarce. I'm hoping Nancy just needed to get away and will contact someone soon. But from what I have read, this would seem to be unusual for her.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Wow, what a difference glasses and an animated expression makes to her appearance!

Because the poster mentions her husband's death, I wonder if Nancy disappeared on or near a significant date (anniversary, his birthday, the date of his death or whatever).

Is there any indicator as to her mood in the last six months compared to, say, her mood in the last two weeks or so?

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Good point about her husband's death. I searched NC obits last night, but without a first name was unable to find a match.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Wonder where Nancy works...and what time she normally goes in?
    Also wondering who the roommate is....just to know if its a family member, long-time friend, or co-worker?

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Normally, the idea that someone was walking around in some sort of amnesiac or fugue state would be the lowest on my list of possibilities. It does happen but it is so very, very rare.

But in this case, I wonder.

I can't get over the mention of her husband's death on her missing poster. It reminds me of the example from Gavin de Becker's book where a woman was being sent threatening messages (this is paraphrased and probably not strictly accurate due to my awful memory). De Becker asked her if anything unusual had happened in the months before the messages started and the woman came up with a casual interaction with a male pedestrian who had admired her house. The woman herself felt like it had nothing to do with the threats and wasn't sure why she picked that out as an unusual incident but when de Becker investigated, that was the guy who was threatening her. He liked the house and was hoping to make her feel insecure enough to put the house up for sale.

Whoever created that poster put that fact about Nancy's life in for a reason but it may not have been an impulse the writer really understood.

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    Wow, what a difference glasses and an animated expression makes to her appearance!

Because the poster mentions her husband's death, I wonder if Nancy disappeared on or near a significant date (anniversary, his birthday, the date of his death or whatever).

Is there any indicator as to her mood in the last six months compared to, say, her mood in the last two weeks or so?
    BBM

The right side pic looks like it might come from her driver's license. I cringe every time I have to show mine!!!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carole For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Wonder where Nancy works...and what time she normally goes in?
    Also wondering who the roommate is....just to know if its a family member, long-time friend, or co-worker?
    I've seen no mention of Nancy missing work, which would be a natural comment to make if she had. Also, there was post from her daughter inquiring about a job and if it was still open, she wanted to let her Mom know about it.

There has been no mention of who the roommate is, nor if there are any concerns related to this person and Nancy's disappearance.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    Normally, the idea that someone was walking around in some sort of amnesiac or fugue state would be the lowest on my list of possibilities. It does happen but it is so very, very rare.

But in this case, I wonder.

I can't get over the mention of her husband's death on her missing poster. It reminds me of the example from Gavin de Becker's book where a woman was being sent threatening messages (this is paraphrased and probably not strictly accurate due to my awful memory). De Becker asked her if anything unusual had happened in the months before the messages started and the woman came up with a casual interaction with a male pedestrian who had admired her house. The woman herself felt like it had nothing to do with the threats and wasn't sure why she picked that out as an unusual incident but when de Becker investigated, that was the guy who was threatening her. He liked the house and was hoping to make her feel insecure enough to put the house up for sale.

Whoever created that poster put that fact about Nancy's life in for a reason but it may not have been an impulse the writer really understood.
    The creator of the poster is the owner of the "missing" facebook page. She was just regurgitating what the family stated to her. Perhaps they gave this fact special emphasis or feel it is related to her disappearance, just don't have enough facts to conclude what it may mean.

The only reason I have any info at all on Nancy, is because I am reading personal facebook pages which are public.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    BBM

The right side pic looks like it might come from her driver's license. I cringe every time I have to show mine!!!
    Laughing at the mention. I watch Real Housewives of Orange County. One of the women recently went to the DMV and tried to turn it into a photo op (oy, the vanity of those women).

The DMV employee really did not find any humor in the situation, which made it all the funnier

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

I suppose I find it odd that a person without work would be up and dressed at 5:20am....and that the roommate would also be up at 5:20am to see Linda leaving. Of course, the neighbor seeing Linda at 10am with a car in the drive makes me want to ask at least a dozen questions of the roommate.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

The "putting things into a blue car" stood out to me. Although being up at 5:30 and not having to go to a job is odd too. But I was thinking maybe she posted something to sell on craigslist and whomever responded came to pick the items up and took her. That scenario might be easy to discount if they check her computer activity. Moo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The "putting things into a blue car" stood out to me. Although being up at 5:30 and not having to go to a job is odd too. But I was thinking maybe she posted something to sell on craigslist and whomever responded came to pick the items up and took her. That scenario might be easy to discount if they check her computer activity. Moo
    I am not working right now and I still get up at 5:30 am. Not by choice, it's just how I roll.

42. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LisaCougar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LisaCougar View Post
    I am not working right now and I still get up at 5:30 am. Not by choice, it's just how I roll.
    Oh my word.....you roll...but I roll over.

I'm not sure she was up and about at 5:30 a.m. According to what Nancy's daughter Jami has posted on her facebook page, Nancy was at home when her (Nancy's) bf/roommate went to work Thursday morning. Maybe the roommate saw her sleeping, heard her get up for a drink, etc. It's very difficult finding any information on this case and I live only about an hour away. I finally located a facebook page for Nancy, but there is very little posted there. Here's another picture the daughter, Jami, has posted on her own FB page. She says it's the most recent one she has of her mother.

Attachment 23146

It's bigger than this on the daughter's FB page. Sorry -- I don't know how to make it bigger here.
    Last edited by Considering; 08-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.

45. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

It's showing on the Guilford Co. NC Sheriff's Dept. site, now, and we're back to her last being seen at 5:20 a.m. It also says she was wearing a black or red shirt and blue jeans. She is described as being 5'0" and weighing approximately 100 lbs.

http://www.guilfordcountysheriff.com...ews&Itemid=332

47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Nancy's daughter Jami just posted on FB that a detective called today and said that they do not suspect foul play and that maybe she just needed to get away for awhile. I hope the detective is correct, but who doesn't take at least their purse when they want to get away???

49. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast