Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Nancy Jenkins, 57, Guilford County, 31 May 2012

I guess my next question is -- who is this neighbor? And have they been questioned/searched/ruled out....etc?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    pmason - I put in this address in google maps: 5760 Turner Smith Road, browns summit, NC And, i'm having a hard time understanding where the house is...or for that matter how/where this neighbor could have seen all this? Is that not the correct address?
    I had trouble trying to figure this out, too. I saw a house and what appeared to be a mobile home, but neither one seemed to match the address when the "google man" and I took a walk and I couldn't understand which one it was based on a neighbor being able to see the details he described, either.

I'm always confused about FB. Is it OK to link a missing person's FB page?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

I did that too, then went to zillow and it says it is a 64 bedroom house?? That makes no sense unless it is a place with several small apts. which would explain a neighbor. Otherwise I don't see how there could be a neighbor anywhere in that rural area. So i agree..something seems strange about that too. I don't know the area but my sister lives in Mebane so I will call her later today to see if she knows.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pmason For This Useful Post:

I hate to say this - but would hope that pond has been checked...and also the "neighbor"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

Per articles:

05/30/12 pm - last mentioned phone contact, with DD

05/31/12:

05:20 am - BF/roommate last sighting
    10:30 am - neighbor supposedly sees her putting box in blue car
    11:00 am - DD calls, leaves msg., no return call
    09:00 pm - reported missing ( by who?)

Why is no one but DD speaking out???
    Proud WS N-LIB

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Per articles:

05/30/12 pm - last mentioned phone contact, with DD

05/31/12:

05:20 am - BF/roommate last sighting
    10:30 am - neighbor supposedly sees her putting box in blue car
    11:00 am - DD calls, leaves msg., no return call
    09:00 pm - reported missing ( by who?)

Why is no one but DD speaking out???
    Excellent question!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Here are some of the things that don't add up: On the project jason site it said she came home from a bar at 1am..b/f (no name given) left 5:20am for work/saw her wearing black shirt/jeans (did she fall asleep in her clothes? was she still up?). Then at 10:30am mystery neighbor sees her put box in trunk of mystery blue car and get into blue car but doesn't know if she drove away or if anyone was in blue car. Neighbor describes her wearing a blue/red shirt and jeans. B/f comes home in late afternoon after receiving call at work from daughter when she cannot locate Nancy. Door is unlocked, music is playing, sheets hanging on clothesline...Nancy's purse, keys, truck & phone are all there. The K-9 tracked her scent from the door to the clothesline to the end of the driveway. Its as if scotty beamed her up.
    She wasn't an early riser, especially if she was out until 1am. She retired shortly after her husband was killed and had been living with her daughter for 2+ yrs until just 1 month ago when she moved in with new b/f. Alot of things don't add up.

New boyfriend and neighbor.....gotta be checked a lil deeper IMO

ETA: I dont see from the google maps how any neighbor "happened" so see her doing anything at exactly 10:30 am

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

First of all, I would like to welcome you pmason. My thoughts are with you and Nancy's family.

Perhaps the blue car was parked in the street- not the driveway- and that would explain 1) her scent going to the end of the driveway and 2) how a neighbor was able to see her.

For all we know, the neighbor had been doing yard work or something that got her closer to the road so she could see the car and Nancy getting in.

If the car was parked in the street- that tells me that it is someone Nancy doesn't know well. Most people who are comfortable with someone's house or routine would go up the driveway (if it is a longer rural driveway).

Did Nancy sell things on Craigslist or Ebay or even through the paper? Had she been complaining that she needed to get rid of stuff after the move?

Another thing that occurred to me is that the relationship went sour with the new bf and Nancy felt that she needed to flee. She could have called a local women's resource or something and someone could have gotten her. She might have felt she couldn't go to friends/family because new bf was threatening them?

Was bf in any relationship prior to Nancy that had indications of violence?

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/dau...ddaughter.html

RE: B/F
    He was leaving for work, and she was still at the house
    RE: Neighbors "sighting"
    JJ doesn’t know if the information is reliable.
    It was like she had gotten in a car.”
    yeah - neighbors car maybe?

About 25 officers searched the area on Friday
    BBM - WHAT areas??

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

deca:

Thank you for your insights...this could be my mommy....so i'm getting a bit overworked

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

When and what time was the last independent sighting (other than bf or "neighbor")? Was she out at the bar with or without bf? What was bf alibi (that has supposedly been confirmed/but we know how that goes JMO)? Has bf phone been checked and pinged?
    Proud WS N-LIB

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

to WS (websleuths) pmason

We are always happy to have a local help us as we check in to these cases.

My hinky meter goes off when I hear new BF; and I too wonder about this "helpful" neighbor. I hope that LE is taking this case seriously. Too often I think that they automatically assume walk-away when it is an adult.

Praying for Nancy and her loved ones that she is found safe.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    Quote Originally Posted by Considering View Post
    Nancy's daughter Jami just posted on FB that a detective called today and said that they do not suspect foul play and that maybe she just needed to get away for awhile. I hope the detective is correct, but who doesn't take at least their purse when they want to get away???
    I'm curious how LE could so quickly not suspect foul play. Especially considering she is missing without her wallet, keys, car...etc. I wonder if they are monitoring her bank account.

As for the neighbor seeing her at 10:30am - if it is a rural area and there isn't another house in close proximity, maybe the neighbor was taking a walk, or walking their dog? I suppose they don't have to have witnessed it from their own house.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeggyAnnMcKay For This Useful Post:

I need to read up on these tracking dogs. I've never understood how much we should rely on them. The clothes on the line is an interesting tidbit. This means that someone could have been watching her.

What time does she get her mail? Could she have been mailing a package? I assume the neighbor would recognize a blue car if it belonged to a postal worker. Of course, she might have stood there checking her mail after the mail truck left and maybe someone else grabbed her. But that doesn't seem likely, I guess. I don't think there's a great sexual attraction to women in their 50s. But it does happen.

Obviously, people need to find out what took place at that bar.

I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where someone would plan to leave and then decide to do some laundry. If you're not even taking your phone and keys, why would you take the time to do laundry?
    Last edited by HeinekenMan; 06-05-2012 at 01:45 PM.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    I need to read up on these tracking dogs. I've never understood how much we should rely on them. The clothes on the line is an interesting tidbit. This means that someone could have been watching her.

What time does she get her mail? Could she have been mailing a package? I assume the neighbor would recognize a blue car if it belonged to a postal worker. Of course, she might have stood there checking her mail after the mail truck left and maybe someone else grabbed her. But that doesn't seem likely, I guess. I don't think there's a great sexual attraction to women in their 50s. But it does happen.

Obviously, people need to find out what took place at that bar.

I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where someone would plan to leave and then decide to do some laundry. If you're not even taking your phone and keys, why would you take the time to do laundry?
    That is definitely the LAST thing I would do!! But the bar has me thinking...what IF she meant someone at the bar who was looking for a _____ , and she said "hey i have one, come pick it up tomorrow" or something along those lines....someone could have been paying too much attn to her at the bar.

And what would have been in the box? Something HAS to be missing then!

Nancy comes across as a very attractive, smart, confident woman...so I can see someone being attracted to her for sure!

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

We could speculate for days about what she had in that box. It's possible that there was no box and possibly no car, either. If there was a box, it might have belonged to the car owner, and she may have moved it to give her room to enter the vehicle and sit.

I like the idea of figuring out what's in the box by determining what is missing from the house. But it's also possible that she took something home with her from the bar.

Did her boyfriend go with her to the bar? A friend?

I didn't think about a garbage truck driver. That's another person who might be at the end of her driveway.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Wow you guys are all great detective minds for sure! All good questions and comments.
    The "blue car" is bothering me. No one seems to know who it belongs to. I don't understand why she would put a box in it instead of into her own truck if she were going to take it somewhere or to mail it. If she got into the car to go with the person she wouldn't leave her house unlocked -- purse & wallet there. Only living in the neighborhood for 1 month she couldn't have been too familiar with the people/surroundings as she isn't that outgoing, especially since Chuck died. Some background...
    They lived in Mebane and before that Durham. She worked at Glaxo for many years and was a well respected employee there. They were a great couple married over 30 yrs. We all miss Chuck terribly. We were shocked and sickened when he was killed in a head-on motorcycle crash 4 years ago this coming Halloween. She fell completely apart after his death, wouldn't see any friends or her daughter, hung out with a bad guy for awhile, crashed her own Harley, but then came to her senses, moved in with Jamie and came back to life when her granddaughter was born. Since then she has been the old Nancy again except still missing & grieving for Chuck as anyone would. If she was going to leave us, she would have done so in the depths of depression after losing the love of her life...not now.
    I also noticed the pond near that house and wonder if they have searched there. As I mentioned before there are 2 registered, convicted rapists within a 3 mile radius of that address on the predator database they should visit (have they??). Do either of them drive a blue car? Was her truck battery dead that morning and someone in a blue car offered her a ride somewhere? What/who/why is a blue car in the middle of nowhere with her and why doesn't her daughter or b/f know who they are?
    This situation is a real mystery and I don't see how they can rule out foul play so quickly because there is no other explanation for her disappearance. She would not run away, she is not despondent anymore, not on drugs, not suicidal, self-destructive. She loves her family (daughter/granddaughter) & has many friends that love her. She isn't a wimp and doesn't trust people easily. I don't think she go without a fight.

First, we have to recall that in the instance of abduction or sexual assault, the perp is often fulfilling the need to control a person rather than have sexual fulfillment with someone. I say this because we do hear of cases where elderly women are assaulted and we know that this is a control and domination crime.

I am wondering about the sheet hanging on the line. Is that one sheet or a set of sheets....or a sheet and some other clothing, like towels. Did anyone see her hang this sheet?

Obviously, the neighbor believes he remembers seeing Nancy putting a box in the blue car...and also getting into the blue car, but not necessarily driving away. Was this blue car in the driveway or the roadway? if the neighbor spotted the car in the roadway where Nancy's scent ends, then we can pretty much guarantee that she got in that car and didn't return.

After reading more about Nancy, I think it's highly unlikely she lift willingly. Since she has such a difficult time in the loss of her husband, I don't think she would do something like this to her daughter and granddaughter.

I would like to know her phone activity, computer activity, and a list of the patrons at the bar the night before her disappearance.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

I don't see anywhere that her scent was tracked to the end of the driveway. I only see where her JJ reports that “They said the dog traced her from the house, to a clothesline to the driveway and they lost the track.” http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/dau...ddaughter.html

JJ wrote on her FB that it was an "older man" who reportedly saw Nancy putting the box in the blue car. I don't know how old JJ is so "older" to her could be "middle-aged" to me! I noticed that this information is not mentioned on the Sheriff's Office site and JJ has said she doesn't know if the information is reliable so those two things both make me wonder about that information.

I believe I read somewhere what time she left the bar. I'll have to go back and look for it.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

She left the bar around 1am, according to reports.....

Also, I have always assumed that "losing a track" would mean that the scent has ended...but I will have to ask another poster (Sarx, who has some experience in this area) about that.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pmason View Post
    I have been a friend of Nancy's for many years and I am extremely concerned. She was devastated when her husband died, but her granddaughter is the joy in her life. I just don't believe she would leave her or her daughter for any reason whatsoever willingly. She always has her husband on her mind and misses him terribly but she went to hell and back to make it thru the horrendous grief and sadness of his death and made it back to her family & friends because of her precious grandchild. The blue car/neighbor thing bothers me because why would she put a box in someone else's car and not in her own truck? Who does the blue car belong to? The description of what she was wearing had to have come from this neighbor because I doubt she was wearing jeans at 5:20am. The neighbor said they saw her at 10:30am and I assume that was the last time anyone saw her because her daughter called her at 11am and didn't reach her. i did a sex offender search in that neighborhood and there were 2 convicted rapists within a 5 mile radius registered, in addition to a few other minor offenders. She is a much more attractive woman than her pictures show but would fight if someone tried to forcefully take her. However, she wouldn't hesitate to help anyone she thought was in trouble. I am not getting a good feeling about Nancy being missing...she wouldn't just walk away without a phone, her ID or a credit card. Nor would she worry her daughter like this for no reason, especially after what they have been thru since Chuck (husband/father) was killed in that horrible head on collision in 2008. Something just isn't right about this situation.
    Thank you so much for joining us here at WS!!!
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    She left the bar around 1am, according to reports.....

Also, I have always assumed that "losing a track" would mean that the scent has ended...but I will have to ask another poster (Sarx, who has some experience in this area) about that.
    LOL--I was referring to the "end" of the driveway, not the end of the scent.

I found the information about the bar, but the only place I see it is that project jason site that I'm not familiar with. I don't know where they got the information from so I'm afraid to post it without knowing if it's accurate.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pmason View Post
    Here are some of the things that don't add up: On the project jason site it said she came home from a bar at 1am..b/f (no name given) left 5:20am for work/saw her wearing black shirt/jeans (did she fall asleep in her clothes? was she still up?). Then at 10:30am mystery neighbor sees her put box in trunk of mystery blue car and get into blue car but doesn't know if she drove away or if anyone was in blue car. Neighbor describes her wearing a blue/red shirt and jeans. B/f comes home in late afternoon after receiving call at work from daughter when she cannot locate Nancy. Door is unlocked, music is playing, sheets hanging on clothesline...Nancy's purse, keys, truck & phone are all there. The K-9 tracked her scent from the door to the clothesline to the end of the driveway. Its as if scotty beamed her up.
    She wasn't an early riser, especially if she was out until 1am. She retired shortly after her husband was killed and had been living with her daughter for 2+ yrs until just 1 month ago when she moved in with new b/f. Alot of things don't add up.
    If those details are accurate, why wasn't LE more concerned from the get-go?!!

Do we know anything about who the bf associates with? Is that his home they are living in? Has he recently ended any relationships with another woman?

Someone on daughter's fb page stated that Nancy was at the bar that night talking to ... (they state a man's name). Does anyone know who that man is?

Has anyone asked around at the bar to see if any patron's there drive a blue car?

ETA-Found the property record. Owner's last name is ... rhymes with box, like in smart as a ...
    Can someone tell me if this is the bf?
    Last edited by Knox; 06-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

How far is the neighbor's house from Nancy's driveway?

I never trust the accuracy of Bing/Google Maps, they can be outdated.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast