Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Nancy Jenkins, 57, Guilford County, 31 May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    Are we really sure that it was Nancy who hung the sheets to dry?
    Remind me please how we know this.

<Waves at Considering> Hiya!

ETA: IOW How do we know the BF did not wash and hang them to dry before he left for work.
    And if he did...why?
    Thank you, thank you!!
    If he did, why DID he need to wash the sheets and hang them out in the dark before work at 5:30AM when he or Nancy could wash them later in the day????

“A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Correct me please if any of the following is incorrect.

The BF has not been named publicly.
    Nancy had only been living with this BF for approximately a month.
    So far, all we have heard about him is that LE says his story/alibi checks out or words to that effect?

Do we know how long they had been dating before she moved in a month ago?
    How could anybody besides the MP Nancy validate where the BF was if nobody else lives in the home?
    Unless there are surveillance cameras or another room mate I don't see how the BF's story was corroborated.

Maybe LE is simply making BF comfortable...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Personally, without having access to more information regarding how LE verified the BF's story, my timeline would have to start at 1a.m. when she was last seen by anybody other than the BF.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    Correct me please if any of the following is incorrect.

The BF has not been named publicly.
    Nancy had only been living with this BF for approximately a month.
    So far, all we have heard about him is that LE says his story/alibi checks out or words to that effect?

Do we know how long they had been dating before she moved in a month ago?
    How could anybody besides the MP Nancy validate where the BF was if nobody else lives in the home?
    Unless there are surveillance cameras or another room mate I don't see how the BF's story was corroborated.

Maybe LE is simply making BF comfortable...
    IIRC, no BF name, recently moved in together, supposedly checks out - but can't remember where that statement came from. Haven't read how long they've been dating. I don't think the family knows him very well IIR what I've read. Nancy can't vouch for him at this point.

we're searching for you Nancy....

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

I believe the BF went to work that day- so that is how those hours are accounted for.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

I don't recall reading anywhere whether his story did or did not check out. I don't see how any of it could be checked out other than the hours he said he was at work. Actually, confirming that information would depend on what kind of work he does now that I think about it.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    I believe the BF went to work that day- so that is how those hours are accounted for.
    True, he's accounted for during his working hours, but can we believe he saw her that morning BEFORE he went to work? Like dsntslp mentioned - we have no proof of what happened between the night before when Nancy was seen at the bar by someone independent of the investigation and when BF arrived at work the next morning?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

The boyfriend went to work. Nancy was seen at the house after that. I'm not sure what people are implying. But the only way the boyfriend could have been something would be if he did it after he came home from work but before Nancy was reported missing. Or, if he did something before work, then the neighbor's account is faulty.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Considering View Post
    I don't recall reading anywhere whether his story did or did not check out. I don't see how any of it could be checked out other than the hours he said he was at work. Actually, confirming that information would depend on what kind of work he does now that I think about it.
    per Pmason - in post 46 that the "apparently the BF alibi checks out". Other than that, I don't think we've had anything official.

yes, if no clock, or co-workers hard to confirm when he was at work if he works independently.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    The boyfriend went to work. Nancy was seen at the house after that. I'm not sure what people are implying. But the only way the boyfriend could have been something would be if he did it after he came home from work but before Nancy was reported missing. Or, if he did something before work, then the neighbor's account is faulty.
    per Pmason post #101 "JJ says the neighbor that spoke about the blue car/box is crazy & blind so deemed unreliable." I'm assuming this is the same neighbor sighting, but not sure.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahoolin View Post
    per Pmason post #101 "JJ says the neighbor that spoke about the blue car/box is crazy & blind so deemed unreliable." I'm assuming this is the same neighbor sighting, but not sure.
    Also, Guilford County Sheriff's Office site states that Nancy was last seen on Thursday, 05/31/2012 at approximately 5:20 AM. That's when the BF told LE that he left for work. We're unsure of the 10:30 a.m. siting by the the neighbor at this point. We just don't know.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pmason View Post
    SO has spoken to just about all of her friends & family with no luck. JJ says the neighbor that spoke about the blue car/box is crazy & blind so deemed unreliable. No one knows the boyfriend very well. Rumor is she wanted to move out because after a month she realized she wasn't ready yet to move on and feelings of grief, etc had come rushing back for Chuck. Frankly, I was surprised to hear she had moved in with a guy anyway. After 30+ yrs with Chuck I never expected her to ever have another serious relationship. She apparently was having a hard time leaving him. No one knows for sure if this is true or not. I just can't see her leaving like she did just to break up with a short-term roommate. I definitely don't think she would have bothered to do the laundry, hang it on the line and then say "I think I will disappear now for awhile without money, credit cards, ID, phone, pictures of my granddaughter, medicine, etc." Someone would have to pick her up way out there & take her somewhere. What would she do for money?
    Unfortunately, I think because JJ is saying she left on her own, (thinking positive) the SO isn't taking this as seriously as they might otherwise. Most of us women friends her age are wondering if they have fully investigated this roommate/boyfriend since he is the last one to see her.
    SBM and BBM

Okay, forget the red flags, this sets off the red level alert sirens.

First, I should make it clear that I do not know Nancy or her boyfriend. I don't live anywhere near them, I never heard of them before this thread on WS and all the information I have about them is on this thread.

But...

Women in abusive relationships are at highest risk when they start to make serious plans to move out and right after they move out.

That Nancy was in one really bad relationship since Chuck's death suggests to me that her ability to assess potential partners may not be real sharp. Assessing potential partners is a skill, just like cooking or painting. If you don't do it for 30 years, the skill is going to be rusty and not very accurate.

I can totally understand why she has started two new relationships since Chuck died. Grief is an overwhelming feeling and it can be so unbearable that people will do things to get some relief from it that they do things they would not ordinarily do.

The interesting thing about abusive relationships (to me) is that the fundamental relationship doesn't change with time, it's just that the details get more and more horrible. In other words, relationships don't usually start off normally and somehow drift into abuse over time; the abuse was there from the very beginning but in such seemingly tiny, innocuous forms that it was easy for the victim to rationalise it away.

I don't know if the BF had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance but it's possible.

It's also possible that with all the major stress in her life, she snapped and has disappeared on her own.

In either case, she clearly needs help.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahoolin View Post
    BBM
    What if the mailman (bogus?) drove up in the driveway DELIVERING a (bogus) package, or trying to find an address? What if it was NOT REALLY a mailman, but someone masquerading as a rural delivery man that grabbed her? What if it was a friend/acquaintance of her new boyfriend that knew where he lived and decided to visit knowing he'd be at work, and when a proposition was rebuffed - maybe he got violent?

I know it was stated that the neighbor wasn't reliable, but I wouldn't discount everything just yet. He might have seen SOMETHING.

As far as the sexual attraction to women in their 50's - ouch, that's not nice I think it's a matter of perspective. I hope my life isn't over at 50. LOL

Anyway, just some more musings - trying to find Nancy...
    Good idea about a fake mailman or parcel delivery service (to extend your idea).

As for women in their 50s not having sexual attraction, it's really not relevant in talking about sexually motivated assaults and murders. Rape is not really about sex or attraction, it's really about power, domination and humiliation. The "attraction" of a given victim is all about her perceived degree of vulnerability and opportunity rather than her physical appearance.

Women in their 90s have been raped.

As for normal sexual attraction, well, my husband and I are over the "dread threshold" and he proves that I still do it for him. LOL!

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    Good idea about a fake mailman or parcel delivery service (to extend your idea).

As for women in their 50s not having sexual attraction, it's really not relevant in talking about sexually motivated assaults and murders. Rape is not really about sex or attraction, it's really about power, domination and humiliation. The "attraction" of a given victim is all about her perceived degree of vulnerability and opportunity rather than her physical appearance.

As for normal sexual attraction, well, my husband and I are over the "dread threshold" and he proves that I still do it for him. LOL!
    GrainneDhu!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

OT, I know....my MIL lives in a retirement town ( over 55, but ave age is in the late 70s )and they have had serious problem with uhhh...people getting frisky in the community pool. I am not talking once or twice- more like a few dozen times, all different culprits. They even had to have a memo go out.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

No time to read everything, as storms are rolling in... however, in response to the BF, his ID can be found with a lil digging

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

Where is Nancy Jenkins?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Was anything in MSM about the ex-boyfried, what he did and whether he had an alibi?
    I can see the ex-boyfriend stopping by knowing new boyfriend was at work.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    Was anything in MSM about the ex-boyfried, what he did and whether he had an alibi?
    I can see the ex-boyfriend stopping by knowing new boyfriend was at work.
    The only information that I am aware of about the ex-boyfriend came from pmason (post 68).

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    SBM and BBM

Okay, forget the red flags, this sets off the red level alert sirens.

First, I should make it clear that I do not know Nancy or her boyfriend. I don't live anywhere near them, I never heard of them before this thread on WS and all the information I have about them is on this thread.

But...

Women in abusive relationships are at highest risk when they start to make serious plans to move out and right after they move out.

That Nancy was in one really bad relationship since Chuck's death suggests to me that her ability to assess potential partners may not be real sharp. Assessing potential partners is a skill, just like cooking or painting. If you don't do it for 30 years, the skill is going to be rusty and not very accurate.

I can totally understand why she has started two new relationships since Chuck died. Grief is an overwhelming feeling and it can be so unbearable that people will do things to get some relief from it that they do things they would not ordinarily do.

The interesting thing about abusive relationships (to me) is that the fundamental relationship doesn't change with time, it's just that the details get more and more horrible. In other words, relationships don't usually start off normally and somehow drift into abuse over time; the abuse was there from the very beginning but in such seemingly tiny, innocuous forms that it was easy for the victim to rationalise it away.

I don't know if the BF had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance but it's possible.

It's also possible that with all the major stress in her life, she snapped and has disappeared on her own.

In either case, she clearly needs help.
    bbm - Do we know for certain that she was in an abusive relationship, or are you speaking in general terms?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to PeggyAnnMcKay For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know for sure if JJ's significant other is a boyfriend or a husband? His sister refers to JJ as her sister-in-law, but his cousin refers to her as his girlfriend. I know it's not of great importance. I just like to have my facts correct.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

I invited JJ to join us here, through a private message to her on FB, and I was somewhat disappointed she didn't decide to come over. I would have liked to ask a few questions about Nancy...and her dating past since her husband died.

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

May God grant Jami the wisdom to ask for help in finding her mom. Nancy is out there somewhere. She needs to be found. I imagine Jami must be lost, having no idea how to navigate this unthinkable situation. May a higher power bless Jami and lead her to reach out to those already knowledgable with searching for the missing, those who have the ability to assist her.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

I won't forget about you, Nancy. I pray you are safe. No matter what has happened, though, I want you to be found. I want you to be found for your daughter, for your baby granddaughter, for your friends. Jami needs to know where you are. She needs to know what has happened to her mom. She has so much to deal with: a baby girl, a business, a home, and now a mother who is missing. There's no Dad to give her support, assistance, or advice. She has no siblings to share this burden. She has friends who may offer her prayers, love, and encouragement, but sadly, as important and as precious as these things are, they alone cannot find you, Nancy. People who have never met you, Chuck, or Jami and probably never will meet you, care about you. They care about Jami. Many of them, too many, at one time found themselves in the unfathomable situation that Jami has been in since May 31, 2012. Something is wrong, Nancy, whether you left willingly or whether you didn't. You disappeared and have not been seen nor heard from in almost two weeks. Where are you? May someone Jami trusts point her in the direction of those able to help her.

Yes, you are on my mind, Nancy. I won't forget about you.

48. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    I keeping checking in here to see if there is any new info. I wish we knew more!!!
    "The difference between a stepping stone and a stumbling block is the character of person walking the path" -Travis Alexander

I always thought love was shaped like a heart but it's actually like a cross.

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeggyAnnMcKay For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast