1221 users online (256 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation Swimming Pools Are Public Toilet Bowls for Many: Survey

If you're taking a refreshing dip in a pool with four other people, odds are one of you is urinating. This is not gross-out myth, but cold, depressing fact from a recent survey conducted by the Water Quality & Health Council, a scientific research group sponsored by the American Chemistry Council.

The survey, conducted in April, asked nearly 1,000 adults whether they urinate in pools. One in five bravely admitted their mistakes. And those are the ones who admitted it.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...193700688.html

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Ewwwwww!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't swim in public swimming pools and this is one of the reasons. lol

Other reasons include: many don't bathe before getting in and in my mind it's like I'm taking a bath with whoever gets in the pool or has been in the pool. No thank you.

(it's one of my quirks, my Husband tells me that there should be enough chlorine in the pool to kill the bacteria and my argument is that I don't want someone's dead bacteria that originated on their behind on my body. Tywm---told you it's a big quirk of mine lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post

Other reasons include: many don't bathe before getting in and in my mind it's like I'm taking a bath with whoever gets in the pool or has been in the pool. No thank you.

(it's one of my quirks, my Husband tells me that there should be enough chlorine in the pool to kill the bacteria and my argument is that I don't want someone's dead bacteria that originated on their behind on my body. Tywm---told you it's a big quirk of mine lol)
    Read the rest of the article and you can tell your husband you are right and he is wrong.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Public pools have always grossed me out for exactly that same reason. I have always felt I was in a toilet bowl@!!!

I don't know about the us or anywhere else but in our public pools there is some sort of chemical in the pool that reacts with urine so if anyone does it turns a different color from the water,so no one does it does fear of embarrassment.I sure wouldn't be going to any public pool if we didn't have this in place.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    First off, what grown adult would pee in a pool. How disgusting, I have never peed in a pool even as a child.
    I take my kids swimming to our community pool. We have three. And most of the time, its just me and the kids. But one time this old man got in the pool, and he would swim and then not spit but the water would come out of his mouth. Argh disgusting.

Oh one time when I was at a water park, I was probably 12. In one of the pools this father said to his son, who was older then me, that it was disgusting.. And I am pretty sure I knew what the kid did.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    I read the article and I am pretty disgusted. I will say, the pool we use is tested 4 times a day. I really hope the pool maintenance are doing their job.

I think public pools are discusting. Fortunately we have our own. And I wont use hot tubs either.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post

Man, that's how my dad was. When we lived in Chicago we'd swim at the JCC and daddy just got grosssed out by it.
    So, when the time came for him to build his dream house showing his success, he built in his own pool and sauna.
    Just family & best friend germs. lol

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

Great, I just got a membership to my local community center and I was looking forward to using the pool. Not so much anymore
    WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?