Website
www.facebook.com
hausberg_leanne.jpg
hausberg_leanne_ap.jpg

Missing Since: March 18, 1999 from New York City, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 9, 1984
Height and Weight: 5'4, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hausberg has a scar on her right cheek. Her ears are pierced.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A red and black bubble jacket, a blue t-shirt, jeans, blue Timberland work boots and black earrings with imbedded white stones.

Details of Disappearance

Hausberg was last seen in the New York City borough of Brooklyn on March 18, 1999. She was on 67th Street at approximately 9:00 a.m. at the time of her disappearance. Hausberg has never been heard from again.

Hausberg was carrying a black wallet/purse when she went missing. She may have remained in the New York City area after her disappearance. Her case was originally classified as a runaway case, but was later reclassified as endangered missing. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
New York Police Department

212-473-2042

The cold case of Leanne Hausberg

Leanne Hausberg was last seen standing on a street corner in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. It was March 18, 1999. She was 14 years old. And she hasn't been seen since.

Behind the picture of his daughter that Alan Artale keeps in his wallet, is a good luck coin. He hopes it will help bring Leanne home one day.

More: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18681589/the-cold-case-of-leanne-hausberg

Bumping this up for a family member who posts on another forum that I frequent...maybe resolution will come for them someday.

I found a possible connection between Leanne's jewelry and the jewelry found on an unidentified woman in Brooklyn in 2000. Here is the connection:

-Unidentified woman's jewelry description: "earring in left ear with white stone, earring in right ear a hoop with beads (blue, green, and white)"
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/6054
-Leanne's jewelry description: "black with white stones earings[sic]" https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5599/0/

Since Leann is part Native American I am curious if she may have had hoop earrings with blue, green, and white beads. The description of the white stone in the other earring seems to somewhat match with the description of Leanne's earrings. The estimated age for the unidentified woman would not match Leanne at the time, although the other demographics seem to fit alright. I wanted to see if I could find out more information about this jewelry connection before submitting this as a potential match (there is no sketch available for the unidentified woman).

Watched the show...her family broke my heart. I hope this brings attention to her case.

The Missing episode had some new photos of Leanne, I'm adding them here (click to enlarge)
leanne (2).pngleanne (3).pngleanne (4).pngleanne (5).pngleanne (7).png
leanne (1).pngleanne (6).png

**Bump for Leanne**

1672849683602.jpeg

4 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1672849610913.jpeg
1672849640457.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors