889 users online (193 members and 696 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL 3

Story still developing, but these two events may be connected. A suspicious package that turned up at Conservative Party HQ in our nation's capital seems to have contained a human foot. On the same day a torso was found in a suitcase in Montreal in a garbage skip. Political wags are already homing in on the symbolism of the act, but something far more serious may in play here.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/body-found-...184939144.html

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canad...191024177.html

s

thread #1: CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thread #2: ACTIVE SEARCH Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WARNING: the video that is online depicting the murder is extremely graphic and we are not posting links to it here at websleuths.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-31-2015 at 09:07 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL 3

New thread:
    1) do NOT sleuth your fellow posters
    2) post within TOS
    3) do NOT copy and paste comments
    4) post with responsibility and respect for one another

Well his charges keep piling up.

Magnotta to be charged with threatening PM, police say

Montreal Police Co mmander Ian Lafrenière said Saturday that because it was addressed to Prime Minister Stephen Harper's party office, they can lay an additional charge against Luka Rocco Magnotta.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4227038/

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

LM was previously convicted for identity theft and multiple counts of fraud. No need for a "sugar daddy" or monied producer of snuff films here. Occam's Razor: The way he's been caught stealing money before is probably how he has money now, seeing as his crimes have escalated.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    New thread:
    1) do NOT sleuth your fellow posters
    2) post within TOS
    3) do NOT copy and paste comments
    4) post with responsibility and respect for one another
    Question, about point #1: if somebody is suspicious of another poster for any reason, they should alert a mod instead of publicly sleuthing and accusing the poster, correct?

im not sure how to post quotes from another thread, still new here.. someone mentioned pics of him on an air-tram and possibly near grouse.. i havent seen the pictures, just link them and ill do my best to ID them, i know the lower mainland pretty well.. and also funny you mention Hope, BC. as i was there today(im there often as its the last small town on the #1 before the highway splits into three routes, ands its close to where i gold pan) its a rather small town.. and he would stick out like soy sauce on rice.. also always tends to be swarming with LE..

OMG...The door slammed HARD on that last thread and scared the crap out of me!!

I'm sorry, I'm feeling very uncomfortable.

As We Begin A New Thread, Let's Remember Justin/Jun Lin

Rest in Peace Jun "Justin" Lin

From the CBC: Victim in body-parts case remembered by Montreal friends

Former classmate Zoya de Frias Lakhany said she only learned that Lin was linked to the grisly case on Friday when police identified him publicly.

'He just wanted to be a member of society, of the country.'—Dahai Fu, victim's friend

A day later, she said she was still in shock.

She described Lin as a nice guy who helped her with her studies when they were in the same class last September.

Concordia University president Frederick Lowy issued a statement on Friday, expressing his condolences to Lin's family and friends. The school said it is offering counselling to staff, faculty and students.

Dahai Fu, a friend who has known Lin for two years, described him as a gentle person who was committed to his studies.

"He worked hard," he said. "He just wanted to, you know, he just wanted to be a member of society, of the country."

Lin had no family in Canada, a fact which police said complicated the identification of the body.

<modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 06-03-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: No more that 10%ish of the article, for copyright, please & Thanks.

Regarding the authenticity of the murder file, I think the fact that some people here view it as fake provides insight into why authorities did not do anything about it until there was a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    OMG...The door slammed HARD on that last thread and scared the crap out of me!!

I'm sorry, I'm feeling very uncomfortable.
    Threads are often closed when there are over 30 pages ...

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I think it matters. Especially from a victimology angle.
    It is relevant that the victim was gay, but I don't think it matters how they met.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    It is relevant that the victim was gay, but I don't think it matters how they met.
    if it was craigslist, then it would most certainly matter.. he was trolling CL before hand as reported so its a real possibility.. maybe he used it in other cities? other victims or future victims victims..

Regarding the authenticity of the murder file, I think the fact that some people here view it as fake provides insight into why authorities did not do anything about it until there was a body.
    Did they even view it before the brushed it off? Or did they just assume it was fake? Have they said?

Interestingly, I believe the opposite. It doesn't matter that he was gay. What matters is how they met. Because it's possible that Luka is going to try again and may try to meet a victim in the same manner.

This is NOT a photo of Luke Magnotta with the knife. I saw this image in a photobucket just earlier tonight.

From the SUN: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...al-killer.html

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast